Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > caninemom3 » A Love Story

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,976
Threads: 53,451
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,178)
Welcome to our newest member, Johnmak
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Dear Santa: Say a Prayer
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:37 PM
Last post by Christmasstar
07-11-2011 05:27 PM
1 Posts
22 16x16 Great Debates: Christmas...
By MMC Editor
10-28-2011 08:41 AM
55,393 Views  0 Posts
Nothing
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:18 PM
52,140 Views  0 Posts
Kids and Santa Online
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:23 PM
48,564 Views  0 Posts
My Dog Sam
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:37 PM
Last post by caninemomssister
01-26-2014 03:12 PM
46,683 Views  1 Posts
Rate this Entry

A Love Story

Submit "A Love Story" to Digg Submit "A Love Story" to del.icio.us Submit "A Love Story" to StumbleUpon Submit "A Love Story" to Google
Posted 04-05-2012 at 09:13 PM by caninemom3
Updated 02-15-2013 at 03:30 PM by caninemom3

There was a time when I didn't know about you but you still knew about me. You were there when I was born, even before. You watched me as I grew from a baby into a toddler then a child and on into adulthood. You were there the day my dear mother, Susy, told me about you and how wondrous your love is when I was but a baby. Very early on I felt a very deep connection to you, I felt your presence and your love. I felt I was special to someone besides Susy at last. When I spoke with you I knew you were really listening and that what I had to say really mattered to you. I couldn't believe how much I loved you and more importantly how much you loved me.

Throughout our relationship I have felt your sadness and anger at the things people sometimes do and I have felt your happiness when people are kind and giving and compassionate. I really do not think there was a time when I did not know you or at least my soul.

You have always been there with me. You were with me the day I married David. You were there when my brother Andy died. You were with me the day I came home and found David gone.

Yet I have left you at times. I have gone off and gotten into things I shouldn't have in this life and yet you waited for me to return. I have shaken my fist at you and cursed your name and screamed at the top of my lungs at you. I have even told you I hate you.....and yet you waited for me and you didn't stop loving me, not for one millisecond.

Tonight is the commemoration of your arrest and tomorrow marks the remembrance of your death and my saving grace. I cannot be in church tomorrow to stay and keep you company while you suffer but please know even though I am not in church I am still with you and I will be shedding tears for what you went through, what you accepted, for the ways I have failed you and for all that you sacrificed. You are the first person I speak to in the morning and the last person I speak to at night. I love you with all that I am though my love will never match yours. You are love personified, dear Jesus, and I hope when the time comes for me to leave this existence you will be there with me too.....
Views 1454 Comments 2
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    absolutely beautiful. thank you for putting me even more in touch this Easter.
    Posted 04-06-2012 at 07:29 PM by merrymistletoe merrymistletoe is offline
  2. Old Comment
    awesome...

Year Round Christmas Radio -- Listen now!

Listen to Kringle Radio via...

Winamp
Windows Media

Click to listen now!

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award