Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > Christmas, Life, and Family » Christmas Field Trips 2012 (Rough Draft)

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,089
Threads: 53,929
Top Poster: xmas365 (165,803)
Welcome to our newest member, ajb1946
My name is Ron, I am a Christmas nut always have been always will be. I am first and foremost a stay at home dad that has an evening job at a retail/grocery establishment. After my second son was born I stepped down from my management position, so my wife and I don't have to pay for daycare. My wife is a teacher in the town we live, so people recognize us everywhere in our little town.
My wife and I have been married for 9 years. We have 2 boys aged 6 and 3, both are young Christmas nuts.

I have loved Christmas as long as I remember
from seeing the lights on all the houses, to seeing if I could stay awake to see Santa.
Christmas has been the one constant in my life it has always been there for me, through the rough times of my parents divorce when I was 10 y/o or my mother's passing when I was 16.
Everyone always tried to make it something special for myself and sister when we were young no matter what was going on. I now believe that is why I love this time of year more than any other because of the efforts of my family to hold it above any other time of year. I get to make the season special for my boys now, whether it be by playing the music decorating the house and yard or just playing the dvd's. The memories the season has brought have always warm and it is no wonder why I look forward to making more of these memories every year. My favorite Christmas movie is A Christmas Story my favorite Christmas song is O Holy Night. My favorite Christmas artist is Bing Crosby.
Well if I ran on a little bit I am sorry I am new to blogging, it sounds always better in your mind.
I will try to keep posting and making it interesting for all who read.
Rate this Entry

Christmas Field Trips 2012 (Rough Draft)

Submit "Christmas Field Trips 2012 (Rough Draft)" to Digg Submit "Christmas Field Trips 2012 (Rough Draft)" to del.icio.us Submit "Christmas Field Trips 2012 (Rough Draft)" to StumbleUpon Submit "Christmas Field Trips 2012 (Rough Draft)" to Google
Posted 05-21-2012 at 08:57 PM by xmas365

Once again it is only May, but Christmas is as usual on the forefront of my mind. I have been thinking of things to do around Christmastime to help build up my Christmas spirit (as I need to do too much) I thought maybe start by doing a sort of checklist of things we could/would/maybe do this year:

Yankee Candle Village-As usual I have to start by putting down this one it is the "largest" Christmas store around, and it is semi-tradition to go there, great gifts and the sites are truly Christmassy.

Kringle Candles-This one is lower on the list as the prices for their Christmas store are really high end, but their Christmassy scented candles are great.

Graziano Gardens-I haven't been there since the mid to late 90's, honestly I forgot about them. They are a gardening store in the spring/summer, but come fall, Christmas takes center stage. I remember them having a lot of Santa's for sale, besides that I must relearn.

Garland's Christmas Shop-I have neglected this tiny little gem of a store, it is right here in my hometown, not more than a mile away from me. They make a lot of their own decorations, and it feels like Christmas when you are in there.

Oakwood Farm Christmas Barn-I have not been there, but it is not too far away. I have wanted to visit them for years.

Koran's Farm & Gift Shop-Another hidden gem in my town, it is a little farm stand to buy the freshest veggies, but they have a lot of Christmas merchandise year round also, villages, collectible Santa's, ornaments. I love going there.

Echo Hill Orchards-Yet another shop in my town, we go there in the fall for apple picking and cider donuts, but they have a large shop full of themed rooms for Halloween, Christmas, Thanksgiving etc.... It has a very "country" feel to everything, we almost buy something every year.

I am hoping for other things to fall right this year, like maybe going to Santa's Land in Putney, Vermont, or my wife and I going to NYC this year because we had to cancel last year. Of course I will be going to the mall, K-Mart, Walmart, and every other place that sells Christmas stuff. I have a lot of ambitions this year, but as the year continues, the list will get shorter, or something else will be added that I forgot tonight. Christmas can't get here fast enough, but the anticipation is part of the fun.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1347 Comments 1
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Visit Russell's Garden Center in Wayland sometime between about Halloween and Christmas. I spent two hours there last Saturday after Thanksgiving wandering around looking at the Christmas items. It sounds like the way you describe Graziano Gardens---lawn and garden during the warm months, Christmas in the fall and winter.

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award