Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > caninemom3 » Running Away From Home

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,971
Threads: 53,430
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,327)
Welcome to our newest member, BelenikovaRord
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
The Polar Express (Movie...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:00 PM
44,001 Views  0 Posts
Tips for Buying a Fresh...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 08:57 PM
Last post by trackrebel
03-24-2014 09:13 AM
45,780 Views  1 Posts
Christmas Tree Great Quotes of Christmas
By MMC Editor
05-29-2002 11:05 PM
0 Posts
Christmas in Mexico
By MMc Editor
06-02-2002 09:17 PM
43,243 Views  0 Posts
star Charlie Brown Heads to...
By Jeff Westover
10-10-2012 10:09 PM
27,657 Views  0 Posts
Rate this Entry

Running Away From Home

Submit "Running Away From Home" to Digg Submit "Running Away From Home" to del.icio.us Submit "Running Away From Home" to StumbleUpon Submit "Running Away From Home" to Google
Posted 06-18-2012 at 10:14 PM by caninemom3

Thinking back over the past few months makes me tired. There have been so many ups and downs even a yo-yo couldn't keep track. I have been sad that one of my MMC friends was diagnosed with cancer. I have been joyous because my husband and I finally seem to be communicating better than we ever did. I have been devastated to lose one of my furchildren. I have been exhilerated to be able to leave my old job where I was very unhappy for a new job working the shift I wanted only to be shot down and utterly disappointed because the new job did not work out and I had to crawl back to my old one.

During all of this I was going through a kind of agnostic period in my life. I have had doubts before but never like the doubts I had this time. It seemed as though the world and life and all the troubles that come with them were all crushing me and I had no place to turn. I actually felt for the first time ever that there was nobody there to hear me. I tried to listen but all I heard was silence, utter cold silence. I wanted to start running like a child running away from home but I had nowhere to run.

With the encouragement of some very wonderful and loving people here on MMC I was able to cope and keep going. I started reading a book called [I]The Case For A Creator by Lee Strobel. [/I]

Mr. Strobel was once a journalist with the Chicago Tribune and dead set in atheism. Until he met God. Then all of that changed and he is now a Christian and has been for the last several years. His books are all presented in a devil's advocate kind of way. He goes and talks to prominent theologans, scientists, etc., to get the whole gamut of opinions regarding God and faith. He doesn't just explore the opinions of people who believe.

When I started reading[I] Case For A Creator[/I] I was not sure if I would like it. I simply wanted to get more opinions about "things".

One evening, after reading for a particularly long time I was tired and decied to call it a night. As I lay falling asleep there was a very small voice, a quiet yet very powerful and loving presence with me. A presence I had only known as a child.

This presence told me "I am here. I am real. Don't be afraid for I will never leave you." I sat bolt upright in a cold sweat, heart beating a gazillion beats a minute. I was confused, breathless but SO extraordinally happy and yet also calm.

It was then that I realized God is so much more than what I ever thought "He" was. So HUGE and yet He can be so small. So powerful yet so meek.

I began to talk to the presence. I told it how sad I was that my friend has cancer, sad that Ivy had died and that I miss her terribly. Sad that there is so much going wrong right now. I sensed that the presence already knew all of this and was there for me at that moment because of all that had been going on.

It was like when my mother used to stroke my hair when I was little saying "there, there, punkin' it will all be okay."

I got a glimpse of God that night that I wish everyone could get. I had a closeness with Him I wish everyone could feel. The events since that night have still been quite tumultuous and haphazard but no matter, for I know that He IS and I am home again...
Views 1039 Comments 3
Total Comments 3

Comments

1. Old Comment
    so beautifully said & so true! thank you cm2 for sharing this w/ us.
    Posted 06-19-2012 at 04:15 AM by merrymistletoe merrymistletoe is offline
  2. Old Comment
    I'm so happy for you, Louanne. I've worried about you since your last blog. It always seems that when it rains, it pours, and it can take a heavy toll.

I don't have any doubt that the Lord understood this, too. I'm happy you're feeling better!
  3. Old Comment
    You told me about this book and it sounds like a good one. Sorry that life has been hard on you but it looks like things will improve with God in it!

God Bless You!
    Posted 06-19-2012 at 09:28 AM by Christmas-A-Holic Christmas-A-Holic is online now

Year Round Christmas Radio -- Listen now!

Listen to Kringle Radio via...

Winamp
Windows Media

Click to listen now!

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award