Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > caninemom3 » God And The Higgs Boson

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,978
Threads: 53,472
Top Poster: xmas365 (151,038)
Welcome to our newest member, ShontelleE
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Bells The Nativity Part III:...
By MMC Editor
05-29-2002 10:45 PM
79,181 Views  0 Posts
santahat The Mistletoe Bough...
By MMC Editor
10-17-2013 06:19 AM
Last post by Virginia
10-30-2013 03:04 AM
2 Posts
Who Put the X in...
By MMC Editor
05-30-2011 03:36 PM
43,724 Views  0 Posts
Who Put the X in...
By MMC Editor
06-22-2010 10:45 PM
0 Posts
Homemade for the Holidays
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:31 PM
48,164 Views  0 Posts
Rate this Entry

God And The Higgs Boson

Submit "God And The Higgs Boson" to Digg Submit "God And The Higgs Boson" to del.icio.us Submit "God And The Higgs Boson" to StumbleUpon Submit "God And The Higgs Boson" to Google
Posted 07-07-2012 at 01:37 AM by caninemom3

It seems the scientific world has a new "toy". Scientists at CERN in Geneva, Switzerland have discovered at long last their elusive "masterpiece", the Higgs boson, i.e., the God particle.

I am not an intellectual by any means but I can tell from all the hoopla this has received in the press it is apparently a big deal.

Why ? Well apparently the Higgs boson is the particle that gives matter mass. It is associated with the theory that the universe was created with a "big bang".

I can never understand why when something scientific is discovered the elitists from the physics community always say whatever discovery it is points to there being no creator, no God and the Higgs boson is no exception. I surfed a few forums in the last few days where all these "brainy" people are going on and on about the Higgs boson and how it proves there is no God. Worse yet, the majority of them were saying plenty of rude things about people who DO believe in God. Apparently those of us who do believe are morons.

So what if this particle IS what gives matter mass ? What if it is what caused the universe to "be" ? I ask what caused the Higgs boson ?? To me this discovery does not rule out a creator. Why or how could it ?? For me it is inevitable to always come to the conclusion that a creator is involved.

A lot of scientists, in particular physicists, believe that everything that is in the universe just "happened" out of nothing all on its own. I don't buy that. It does not make one bit of sense to me. The universe is so complex, I am disovering, it could not have just "happened" out of the blue on its own. Something, in this case a very wise someone started everything happening.

At first, I admit I was a little threatened by the latest disovery, but as I have researched it I am glad it has been made for I know for sure that an intelligent force is most definitely involved in the creation of our world. I do not have a strong faith. It wavers constantly. Strong one moment, weak the next. Still there is something deep inside me, a gut reaction perhaps, a "knowing" that our Creator is so much more than these scientists and physicists give "Him" credit for being. I personally believe "He" ALLOWS scientists to discover things a little at a time, that they do not do it on their own like they think they do. They will go on thinking they are really something and have it all together and know exactly what is happening, just like the little kids they and all of us are in the eyes of our Father.
Views 985 Comments 2
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I was going to research this, after you mentioned it to me the other day, to see what Higgs boson was. Very interesting but I am like you, I believe in God as our creator.

Thanks for sharing!
    Posted 07-07-2012 at 05:01 AM by Christmas-A-Holic Christmas-A-Holic is offline
  2. Old Comment
    A lot of scientists, in particular physicists, believe that everything that is in the universe just "happened" out of nothing all on its own. I don't buy that. It does not make one bit of sense to me. The universe is so complex, I am disovering, it could not have just "happened" out of the blue on its own. Something, in this case a very wise someone started everything happening.

Thank you for putting my thoughts into words, CM3!
    Updated 08-05-2012 at 07:57 AM by caninemom3

Year Round Christmas Radio -- Listen now!

Listen to Kringle Radio via...

Winamp
Windows Media

Click to listen now!

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award