Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > A Merry Blog » The January Christmas Fan

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,431
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,408)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
A Forgotten Classic:...
By MerryCarey
07-26-2011 08:06 AM
Last post by MerryBells
07-31-2011 06:14 PM
2 Posts
Jimmy Stewart Remembers...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 08:53 PM
Last post by Carrie63
08-15-2013 04:23 PM
147,017 Views  8 Posts
Homemade for the Holidays
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:31 PM
48,064 Views  0 Posts
In Honor of the...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:16 PM
44,062 Views  0 Posts
Bells The Nativity Part II:...
By MMC Editor
05-29-2002 10:43 PM
58,627 Views  0 Posts
Long-winded Christmas musings and observations in operating My Merry Christmas.
Rate this Entry

The January Christmas Fan

Submit "The January Christmas Fan" to Digg Submit "The January Christmas Fan" to del.icio.us Submit "The January Christmas Fan" to StumbleUpon Submit "The January Christmas Fan" to Google
Posted 01-05-2013 at 08:59 AM by Jeff Westover

January, believe it or not, is one of our most active months of the year.

There are basically three types of Christmas fans online: the December Christmas fan, the year round celebrant and the wanna-be year round celebrant, or, as I like to call them, the January Christmas fan.

The December Christmas fan is the most common. These are folks who love Christmas and celebrate it heartily in December. But once Christmas is over, it's over and we won't see them again until next Christmas.

The year round Christmas fan we know well. These are folks who aren't shy about anything Christmas at any time.

Then there is the January Christmas Fan, a fascinating group of Christmas enthusiasts who are too busy in December with their Christmas to be here, so they show up in January, like the life of the party who shows up late.

We get a lot of feedback from January Christmas fans. And I want them to know we appreciate it.

They will go to every one of our sites and read what they missed before Christmas. They will comment, suggest, pontificate, opine and, at times, rage about Christmas.

And I love every bit of it.

We published our "Guide to Black Friday" feature in the first week of November. We did not get much feedback on the article then or even after Black Friday. But we did in January: I wish had I seen your article about Black Friday before I spent almost $900 that day. You were right. The deals got better after I spent the money. I probably won't see your next guide to Black Friday but keep up the good work.

Our tribute to Andy Williams got us some mail from the January Christmas Fan: Andy Williams DIED? This is horrible news. Thanks for telling me. I had no idea. We listened to his old album this Christmas like we do every year. We pull out the old record player at Christmas and listen to all the old LPs. He is the star every time we do that.

Our feature about how Shoppers are being watched is still getting reactions from the January Christmas Fan: So, you're telling me they can figure out my every move inside a store but can't make a shorter returns line after Christmas?

The January Christmas fan is a savvy individual. They know Christmas. They celebrate it. And they have feelings.

Over at RealChristmas.com we posted an article from a writer this week titled Putting Away Christmas.

The January Christmas Fan did not like it: Tell this woman to shut up. It isn't against the law the get blue after Christmas. What an unkind, unfeeling, snarky attitude she has in this whole article.

Wow.

To all our January Christmas Fans out there, I salute you. And keep the email coming. I quite enjoy hearing from you.
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I am, as you all know, the Year Round Christmas Fan!

Great observation on the January Christmas Fans and the December ones too!
    Posted 01-05-2013 at 06:06 PM by Christmas-A-Holic Christmas-A-Holic is offline

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks

Year Round Christmas Radio -- Listen now!

Listen to Kringle Radio via...

Winamp
Windows Media

Click to listen now!

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award