Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > Christmas, Life, and Family » "You found your tail..."

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,094
Threads: 53,939
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,013)
Welcome to our newest member, RMcGuigan
My name is Ron, I am a Christmas nut always have been always will be. I am first and foremost a stay at home dad that has an evening job at a retail/grocery establishment. After my second son was born I stepped down from my management position, so my wife and I don't have to pay for daycare. My wife is a teacher in the town we live, so people recognize us everywhere in our little town.
My wife and I have been married for 9 years. We have 2 boys aged 6 and 3, both are young Christmas nuts.

I have loved Christmas as long as I remember
from seeing the lights on all the houses, to seeing if I could stay awake to see Santa.
Christmas has been the one constant in my life it has always been there for me, through the rough times of my parents divorce when I was 10 y/o or my mother's passing when I was 16.
Everyone always tried to make it something special for myself and sister when we were young no matter what was going on. I now believe that is why I love this time of year more than any other because of the efforts of my family to hold it above any other time of year. I get to make the season special for my boys now, whether it be by playing the music decorating the house and yard or just playing the dvd's. The memories the season has brought have always warm and it is no wonder why I look forward to making more of these memories every year. My favorite Christmas movie is A Christmas Story my favorite Christmas song is O Holy Night. My favorite Christmas artist is Bing Crosby.
Well if I ran on a little bit I am sorry I am new to blogging, it sounds always better in your mind.
I will try to keep posting and making it interesting for all who read.
Rate this Entry

"You found your tail..."

Submit ""You found your tail..."" to Digg Submit ""You found your tail..."" to del.icio.us Submit ""You found your tail..."" to StumbleUpon Submit ""You found your tail..."" to Google
Posted 04-10-2013 at 09:11 AM by xmas365

I have been putting this off for a little while, due to lack of time and the amount of crying I have done since we lost our beloved CM3.
She was such a beautiful soul, not a mean bone in her body and she cared and adored for everyone here more than most could know.
Louann and I joined within a week of each other looking for pretty much the same thing, relief from the post-Christmas blues. I was looking for something to ease my mind from the end of the Christmas season 2009 and I finally decided to join MMC, I never planned to stay more than a few days but the magnetism of this place and the people here made it hard to leave.
Louann was one of the first persons to reach out to me like she did with so many others here, we were new here and we both stuck to playing on the "Fun & Games" boards for months and we chatted quite often especially after her stepson was diagnosed with lymphoma, she was so scared at that time and needed some support, I helped her by giving her stories of athletes in their 20's who had overcome cancer and lymphoma. From there we developed a sort of kinship, I looked at her like an older sister even though she always joked that she was old enough to be my mother. She was someone I could talk to without hesitation, I could go to her with any issue and she would put me at ease with her kindness. We knew where each was coming from, we were both very shy, and dealt with anxiety and the first few months we both were afraid to get involved in the Countdown thread, we were both nervous about offending people by saying something stupid. Her a bit more than myself, she wrote me an apology because she felt she messed up a post in response to one of my fun & games posts. That was her though, always concerned for everyone else before herself, even though the post was no big deal she thought it was if it offended me, which it didn't.
Like Jeff said, she was nervous about starting a blog, and she needed a bit of a push, for some reason she looked at me as a "teacher/mentor" when it came to the blog, all I told her to do is "not worry about what people think, write for yourself, the things that are important to you."
Boy did she take that to heart, her blog was an impressive part of MMC, she became so prolific, and what she wrote about and how she wrote it brought me to tears on more than one occasion. She had such a gift and I was so proud of her for going after her dream these last few months, she set such a great example to go after your dreams, and gave me such support when I talked of mine of owning a Christmas store, I had always planned on inviting her to the grand opening to be my first customer.

She was so fun to listen to when it came to politics, her and I had the same political beliefs, ( I will not talk about politics any other time, don't worry) so she use to rant to me all the time about things, her comments on news items and elections were priceless, she would usually send them to my personal email, because she didn't want to talk about politics on MMC in any way, if some member would make a comment she didn't agree with she would write me all flustered, she just needed to be reminded we are all different, and see things differently. Unfortunately, I erased all those emails when I cleaned out the inbox.

I was shocked to find of her passing when I logged on Saturday, considering how excited she had seemed to be about refinancing her house to get all caught up on things and buy a new washer and dryer. On Wednesday, she commented on 8 of my pictures and I thanked her the comments. I felt something was wrong on Thursday when she didn't log on, and I was really worried on Friday when she didn't log on again, I had such a bad feeling but I thought I was being too much of a worrier. Logging on Saturday and seeing Jeff's announcement just devastated me, I honestly felt like I had to leave MMC for a while. I went back through my inbox here and read many of her messages to me, lots of tears have been shed, I cried myself to sleep 3 nights in a row. It is just so hard to say goodbye when I came across this on message from her about the passing of one her cats:
Hey Ron.

I am doing okay, I guess. I have my moments. I guess part of it is not being able to say goodbye. You would have loved him. He was such a sweet kitty. I have always LOVED black cats.

I know we all have many losses in life but I am getting to the end of my rope I think with so many losses. Oh well.

Thanks for being such a good friend and for thinking of me.

I wanted to tell you. I love your thread about what to name a Christmas store and the new group you started. Really creative.

Smokey who is the only kitty now is acting a little bit lonely as though he knows he is the only feline.

Thank you Ron for always being my friend. It means a lot especially in this world today.

Take Care

Louanne

My problem is I am having a very hard time saying goodbye right now, she was someone I looked up too for so much. I never knew I was going to react this way to someone I never actually mets passing. But it is sometimes hard to remember that even though these are words on a screen, there is a human being on the other side of those words. Louann had such a hard time with herself that she needed to be reminded she was a great and beautiful human being. She once referred to herself as "Eeyore searching for her tail."
Well Louann, you found your tail, it was all of us, you were our heart here at MMC. If I could just be a quarter of the person you were I would be happy.
Thank you for everything you did for all of us, Louann, you were so very much appreciated and loved here. Rest in peace my dear friend.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1085 Comments 4
Total Comments 4

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Very well said. We will all miss her!

Take care, Ron
    Posted 04-10-2013 at 10:25 AM by Christmas-A-Holic Christmas-A-Holic is online now
  2. Old Comment
    Beautifully said, Ron. I can't get over missing her.
  3. Old Comment
    This is beautifully written, Ron. Very heartfelt.
    I know how much she treasured your friendship.
    Louann had such a heart of gold, and she will be deeply missed by all.
  4. Old Comment
    Beautiful, Ron! {{{HUGS}}}

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award