Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > A Merry Blog » Don't Miss this Podcast

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,099
Threads: 53,999
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,616)
Welcome to our newest member, CWilde
Long-winded Christmas musings and observations in operating My Merry Christmas.
Rate this Entry

Don't Miss this Podcast

Submit "Don't Miss this Podcast" to Digg Submit "Don't Miss this Podcast" to del.icio.us Submit "Don't Miss this Podcast" to StumbleUpon Submit "Don't Miss this Podcast" to Google
Posted 11-16-2013 at 03:25 AM by Jeff Westover

For weeks now we've been working on the next episode of the Merry Podcast.

Quite honestly, it has made my Christmas of 2013 to do this.

We get lots of submissions year round from artists looking to get airplay on Merry Christmas Radio and Kringle Radio. Some of it is great, some not so great.

As we've looked to feature new artists and songs this year we have gathered more new music than we ever have before. I don't know why that is but there is just a bumper crop this year.

In fact, there's more music than we can fit in on just one podcast.

For a couple of weeks I've been whittling it down, trying to find the right mix to feature.

Quite by accident I noticed something today -- we have contributing artists from the USA, Canada, the UK, Austria, Japan and we even have a song highlighting Christmas of the American southwest.

In other words, these are diverse contributions and I think it represents better than ever the universality of Christmas and just how broad our reach has become in recent years.

That's thrilling to me.

But it gets even better than that.

I've tried to have contact with each artist to exchange some information about the back story on each of these songs. With few exceptions they are delighted, if not anxious, to tell their Christmas story. And these are GREAT stories.

The result is a deeply moving, warm and Christmasy episode that has been a delight for me personally to put together.

We'll broadcast it on Kringle Radio at 9am on Monday and we'll make it available here shortly before then for download.

Don't miss it!
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Great stuff Jeff! Really looking forward to it!

Geoff

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award