Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > A Merry Blog » A Simple Tradition of Love

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,978
Threads: 53,472
Top Poster: xmas365 (151,038)
Welcome to our newest member, ShontelleE
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Gift 2 The History of My Merry...
By Jeff Westover
10-12-2002 09:20 PM
58,523 Views  0 Posts
Bells Christmas Before Christ
By MMC Editor
05-29-2002 10:38 PM
59,862 Views  0 Posts
Bells The Nativity Part III:...
By MMC Editor
05-29-2002 10:45 PM
79,181 Views  0 Posts
Feast of Fools
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:33 PM
54,091 Views  0 Posts
The Reality of Christmas...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:26 PM
47,905 Views  0 Posts
Long-winded Christmas musings and observations in operating My Merry Christmas.
Rate this Entry

A Simple Tradition of Love

Submit "A Simple Tradition of Love" to Digg Submit "A Simple Tradition of Love" to del.icio.us Submit "A Simple Tradition of Love" to StumbleUpon Submit "A Simple Tradition of Love" to Google
Posted 11-12-2009 at 11:15 PM by Jeff Westover

In the wee hours of New Year's Day a thread was begun that started again a cycle of unbroken tradition that began on another site years ago. It is a simple, joyous tradition -- celebrated daily, a habit for many. We call it the Christmas Countdown.

Tonight, that thread surpassed 6800 posts in an ongoing conversation amongst a diverse group of Christmas lovers.

Started years ago on a now defunct forum many of the original posters who were there then are here now -- counting down to this unofficial "official" start of the Christmas season, November 13th.

Like New Year's Eve, tonight they counted down the hours and minutes together. And tomorrow the countdown to Christmas 2009 continues -- in the same thread, in the same happy tradition that will no doubt begin again once the New Year is noted yet again.

Like so many great Christmas traditions what makes this one special is that it is shared. Folks just come together. From wherever we are, whoever we are, we countdown the months, the weeks, the days and the hours in this season we share. It isn't about anything more than that -- or anything less than simple love and sharing.

I wish I had spent more time in the countdown thread this year. It has been my intent. I learned long ago of the sweetness and the brotherhood of that thread. But I haven't been a regular there even though my resolution for this year was to participate there more.

This time of year is especially hard for me with all my responsibilities. But I often have to just stop and be one of the regular folks. My Christmas batteries need recharging too.

Tonight they are fully charged. The sheer number of posts isn't the thrill there -- though it is interesting to note -- it is instead the togetherness felt there. Thanks to all who stop in there and make it the warm corner of MMC that it is.

And next year, I WILL be there more often...
Views 961 Comments 1
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old Comment

Christmas Count Down

All I can say is thank you co very much for all you have done... :)

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks

Year Round Christmas Radio -- Listen now!

Listen to Kringle Radio via...

Winamp
Windows Media

Click to listen now!

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award