Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > Maman Noel » Writer's Blog

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,971
Threads: 53,430
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,408)
Welcome to our newest member, BelenikovaRord
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
How to Create Your Own...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 08:58 PM
44,687 Views  0 Posts
The Year the Reindeer...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2002 08:17 PM
64,049 Views  0 Posts
The Angel or the Star?
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 08:45 PM
Last post by Stnicholas01
07-18-2013 01:57 PM
49,995 Views  1 Posts
"Little Merry Christmas"......
By MerryCarey
05-24-2012 01:16 PM
51,585 Views  0 Posts
star Charlie Brown Heads to...
By Jeff Westover
10-10-2012 10:09 PM
27,659 Views  0 Posts
Join me as I fulfill my New Year's Resolution to prepare for Christmas 2009 "all through the year!"

Keep me honest, Christmas lovers!
Rate this Entry

Writer's Blog

Submit "Writer's Blog" to Digg Submit "Writer's Blog" to del.icio.us Submit "Writer's Blog" to StumbleUpon Submit "Writer's Blog" to Google
Posted 01-19-2010 at 08:14 PM by Sapsorrow

But apparently not writer's block!

I sat down to write my Christmas letter short story rough draft only for it to dribble pitifully over the page. It's evident that I'm not one of those snappy lifestyle article authors that can write a self-absorbed mostly non-fiction self-deprecating piece in the first person. That and my inspiration won't carry a whole story. I need to seek out a bit more inspiration and go back to that.

Additionally, I sat down to work on the cookbooks. What a project! I began to write the notes on thrift topics and historic notes (each cookbook has a different focus, but there's overlap in the notes), but found I wanted to test a few things out in the kitchen before writing their sections since I had some ideas about prep that, if they work, would save time, money, and effort so I'd like to include them.

As if that weren't bad enough, my muse is pitching inspiration at me for a whole different story for the girls!

All I can say for myself is that it's lucky I started work on these, and the genealogical research, so early! At least the basic research for this year's genealogy gifts are done. I can go to print on them with a two week lead time for my husband to come up with the artwork and for the printer. Naturally, that means I'm going to continue researching to add as much as I can, right up until I'm getting them in only by the skin of my teeth. I'm no Tolkien, but I sympathize with his perfectionism.

In other preparatory news, my "Christmas" flicker light order is shipping, but I got the very last one! Unfortunately, that means only one is shipping rather than the several I'd ordered, but they say they'll have them again next year.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 788 Comments 1
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old Comment
    good thoughts your way to do all you want!

Year Round Christmas Radio -- Listen now!

Listen to Kringle Radio via...

Winamp
Windows Media

Click to listen now!

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award