Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > Seasonal Celebrations » Christmas Through Life

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,432
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,754)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Bells The Magi
By MMC Editor
05-29-2002 10:56 PM
Last post by MartinGibbs
12-07-2012 03:01 PM
70,089 Views  1 Posts
The Art of Wassail
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:19 PM
43,898 Views  0 Posts
Being a Merry Mom
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:33 PM
48,647 Views  0 Posts
Xtree1 The Fir Tree
By MMC Editor
09-25-2011 07:00 AM
77,474 Views  0 Posts
Zero Liability Season's...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 06:46 PM
47,832 Views  0 Posts
Musings Through the Year with Gingerbug
Rate this Entry

Christmas Through Life

Submit "Christmas Through Life" to Digg Submit "Christmas Through Life" to del.icio.us Submit "Christmas Through Life" to StumbleUpon Submit "Christmas Through Life" to Google
Posted 06-13-2008 at 06:50 PM by Gingerbug

Christmas through life....it seems that the love of Christmas stays with me through life but its essence changes with the passing of the years. What does this mean?

Well as a tiny tot...from a family without much money...Christmas was a time to receive something extra special...something out of the ordinary that was not a part of day to day life...

As a teenager Christmas meant getting to see people happy and laughing ...enjoying each other...and of course still a gift or two.

As a young adult with small children Christmas was about creating a special happy time...with memories of Christmas lights, pretty packages, and good things to eat...

As an older adult with older kids (LOL)...Christmas was about helping make memories and connections and moving away from the it's ALL about gifts and goodies...more toward it is better to give than receive.

As a Grandmother... Christmas is about people NOT presents...not to say that little Evan doesn't get his fair share but the importance of gifts are not the special flavor...but rather the love, friendships, and family memories that the season lets us build....for I know it's not the train set so easily discarded or the lastest video game that will be remembered years down the road...but the baking of cookies, the laughing at family stories and the reading of great Christmas stories!

This is a lesson, perhaps only learned or at least appreciated by the passing of time...so as we travel through the stages of life...we also travel through our love of Christmas and the depth of that love evolves over time into something wonderful...and perhaps just a bit more like the very first Christmas...full of wonder and delight.
Views 1433 Comments 1
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old Comment
    [B]This was such a lovely entry in your blog and so true. Thank you for sharing. It is exactly the way I feel too !! Just beautiful !![/B]

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks

Year Round Christmas Radio -- Listen now!

Listen to Kringle Radio via...

Winamp
Windows Media

Click to listen now!

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award