Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > caninemom3 » Christmas And Getting Older

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,094
Threads: 53,940
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,079)
Welcome to our newest member, RMcGuigan
Rate this Entry

Christmas And Getting Older

Submit "Christmas And Getting Older" to Digg Submit "Christmas And Getting Older" to del.icio.us Submit "Christmas And Getting Older" to StumbleUpon Submit "Christmas And Getting Older" to Google
Posted 06-17-2010 at 05:01 PM by caninemom3
Tags time

My name on MMC is Caninemom3, but my real name is Louanne. I have always loved Christmas, in fact just like everyone here I am a Christmas nut !!

Time has passed so fast in my life it is just unbelievable. When I was little, which was in the 1960's my main focus was the gifts. The beautiful wonderful tree just bulging with all those gifts !!! I could scarcely sleep on Christmas Eve in those days. As I have gotten older, I have realized that the most important part of Christmas for me is my family and friends. Most of my family is gone. My parents have both passed as well as my first husband and both my brothers. These days the only "family of origin" I have left is my dear sister. It is hard to believe that Christmas could be more special to me than when I was little but it is just that, more special when I am with my sister. We are a couple of nuts when we get together. You should see us !! Or perhaps you should not !! We seem quite insane and to quote "A Christmas Carol" from 1951....."quite beyond hope..." The passage of time has taught me what is really valuable.

As I grow older I see the world growing more and more weary. I see things happening that I never ever dreamed would happen. I also see time growing shorter, a concept I did not even perceive when I was little. The one thing that gives me hope is Christmas. I see Christmas these days as a sort of beacon of hope, not just for me but for the world as well. In 1992 when I lost my first husband in November to suicide, I did not give up. I wanted to, but could not and I attribute this in part to Christmas. Christmas and our Lord along with my wonderful sister and dear friends kept me going and I am glad. I would not want to have missed Christmas for anything. As funny as it may seem I really feel the hope of Christmas and belief in God may just help people to see that there is hope for all of us.

:tree:
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1047 Comments 2
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    It is amazing how powerful the feeling of Christmas truly is, how it mends relationships with family, it helps heal when you are in pain, the general feeling in the air is something so special. It has always been the main event in my family. Thank you for sharing your thoughts, it is very interesting.
  2. Old Comment
    God Bless you..that was beautiful!

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award