Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > caninemom3 » Reflections Of A Special Birthday

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,978
Threads: 53,468
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,864)
Welcome to our newest member, ShontelleE
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Gift 4 Re-Gifting: Yes or No?
By MMC Editor
01-25-2013 09:05 AM
Last post by Bradmac
04-14-2013 05:01 PM
43,662 Views  2 Posts
"A Dear Little Schemer"......
By MerryCarey
10-25-2011 08:28 AM
56,013 Views  0 Posts
Presentblue U.S. Postal Service...
By MMC Editor
10-11-2012 10:37 PM
37,437 Views  0 Posts
Does Santa ever get...
By MMC Editor
06-11-2002 04:55 PM
52,140 Views  0 Posts
stocking How to Have an...
By MMC Editor
10-31-2012 11:49 PM
31,906 Views  0 Posts
Rate this Entry

Reflections Of A Special Birthday

Submit "Reflections Of A Special Birthday" to Digg Submit "Reflections Of A Special Birthday" to del.icio.us Submit "Reflections Of A Special Birthday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Reflections Of A Special Birthday" to Google
Posted 07-02-2010 at 03:44 PM by caninemom3
Tags husband

[B]I didn't know if I really should post this blog and I have been thinking about it for a few days. I decided to go ahead so here goes:[/B]

[B]Today is a special day, the birthday of a very special person who is no longer in this world. His name was David and he was my first husband. David was born July 2, 1951, and was such an amazing human being. I wish you could have all met him. He would have been 59 years old today. [/B]

[B]David was extremely bright, always did well in school. In fact, he was one of those individuals who was actually bored because school was not challenging enough even starting with grade school !! He was about 6'3 and looked like a stereotypical "mean biker" but the truth is David was a real softie. He would not hurt even a fly. In fact, if any of you have ever watched the Harry Potter movies, the character of Hagrid reminds me of David, especially in the first movie as Hagrid's first appearance is on a flying motorcycle. David always had time for others and did not like bullies. He loved animals the same way I do. He loved music and played guitar and also loved Harley Davidson motorcycles. He was absolutely CRAZY about Christmas. There was NEVER a bigger kid at Chrstimas than David from the decorating of the tree to the wrapping of gifts and spreading Christmas cheer. He treated me like I was his princess but he could have a wicked wit though never mean. He really felt for people who were having a hard time and tried to help in any way he could. There was not a dog or cat or animal he did not love and if there was abuse involved, he never hesitated to let it be known that the ripping out of an individual's lungs would soon ensue if the abuse did not stop. [/B]

[B]We met when I was just 16. He and his parents lived right around the corner from my parents' home. He tried and tried to get a date but I did not like him at all. Finally I did go out with him and after we went on a couple of dates and discovered how many things we had in common that was that. As in "Sleeples In Seattle" it was 100% actual pure"magic." Every time I hear the song "Stardust" I get misty because it reminds me so of him. We were married when I was just 17 and stayed married and completely in love until his passing on November 2, 1992. [/B]

[B]David never had confidence in himself. He thought he was too fat/ugly/inadequate, you name the self-depr[/B][B]ication and David probably at one time or another said it about himself, though in a more colorful manner. When I met David I was a very shy 16-year-old (almost 17) and did not believe in myself at all. David always told me I was just as smart as him (what a laugh !!!) and that I could do anything I wanted. He was always there to help me, comfort me and sometimes even give a loving push when it was needed. I had quit school by the time I met David and was going nowhere fast with my life but with his constant encouragement, I began to believe I could actually do something with my life and started by getting my GED. He helped me time and time again with my homework especially the math part which was a breeze for him. He expressed his proudness of me and made me feel proud of myself on the morning I received my GED in the mail. I always thought I was really very stupid (still do!!) but he always said otherwise. He had a dream of becoming a member of MENSA, which is a club for people whose IQ is in the 98th percentile because I think he wanted to be a part of something that made him feel he was special. He thought his intelligence was the only good thing about him and becoming a member of MENSA was his way of self-fullment. I talked him into taking their test by taking the test with him. I had squeaked by on the home test and I knew I would never pass the more difficult moderated test but still, I knew how important it was to him so I pushed on. We tested with a whole group of people in October 1991 and he passed. He not only made the 98th percentile, he made the 99th. For once, David liked himself for a short time. [/B]

[B]Today he would have been 59, as I said before. I know he is still with me and I wonder if I have made him proud. I hope so. I hope he has read this blog and that he likes it. I always wonder how different life would have been if he had not died at the age of 41 and what he would be like now. He was my husband, my lover, my confidante, my cheerleader, my soul mate and always a champion for those who seemed to struggle be it human or animal so I say happy 59th birthday, David. I hope you are at peace with yourself and are happy at last. I still miss your uniqueness, your encouragement and also what you gave to me: The gift of friendship, self-belief and most of all love. May God always bless you, but I already know that He has. [/B]
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1034 Comments 2
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Very touching
  2. Old Comment
    My heart goes out to you!
    Posted 07-10-2010 at 09:26 AM by ChristmasHeart ChristmasHeart is offline

Year Round Christmas Radio -- Listen now!

Listen to Kringle Radio via...

Winamp
Windows Media

Click to listen now!

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award