Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > caninemom3 » Ponderings About Life, Christmas And Beyond..

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,097
Threads: 53,983
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,616)
Welcome to our newest member, AmyHardy
Rate this Entry

Ponderings About Life, Christmas And Beyond..

Submit "Ponderings About Life, Christmas And Beyond.." to Digg Submit "Ponderings About Life, Christmas And Beyond.." to del.icio.us Submit "Ponderings About Life, Christmas And Beyond.." to StumbleUpon Submit "Ponderings About Life, Christmas And Beyond.." to Google
Posted 07-16-2010 at 05:25 PM by caninemom3
Tags life

I guess you could say I am rather serious a lot of the time. At least in these blogs I certainly have been, but honestly I DO have a fun side!! I do have lots of questions, though that nobody here on Earth can answer. I ponder and ponder and then ponder some more. I will never understand why good people have to suffer when it seems bad, cruel people sometimes seem to have it easy and get away with the atrocities they have committed. Why ??? Why were the Nazis allowed to annihilate Jewish and other people ?? Why are sickos allowed to hurt (or worse) innocent children and animals ?? Why ?? I just don't understand. I believe in God and most specifically in Jesus Christ but I still question. Does that make me a heathon ?? I don't think so.

Since I have gotten into my mid 50s I must confess I have begun to feel I have more BEHIND me than I have BEFORE me and it terrifies me. It does no good, but I worry about illness and death all the time. I guess you might say I am ruining my today by worrying about my tomorrow. What will it be like ?? Will my furchildren be on the "other side" ?? My loved ones ?? And is Christmas celebrated in the afterlife ?? How could such a wonderful Season, so vibrant, so magical and so sacred not be celebrated ??

I imagine myself crossing over sometimes and in my imagination there are ALL my furchildren, every single one whom I have lost. All wagging tails, all purring, all anxious to see me, show me their love. My human loved ones are all there in my imagination too. My parents, both my brothers and of course, David. All of us in my fantasy are all together again. I can see us around an eternal Christmas tree singing "HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU" to the one whose birthday it is......Yes, even the furchildren are singing. I believe God has a special place for all of us. I don't believe because someone has committed suicide that they wind up in the "other place", just does not make sense to me. My hope is that whenever the day comes, it will at least be close to what I hope. No matter, as it will be as Jesus wants it and as long as He is there, everything will be just fine. The first thing I want to do if I am allowed is give Him a GREAT BIG HUG and sing happy birthday to Him in person and thank Him, in an insufficicent way for all He has done for me, for the world and for all of us ....
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1202 Comments 2
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Great post! Those seem to be the questions all of us ask about life, and what makes the mysteries of our existence. The "Why" question is what has haunted me since my mother's passing, Why let a woman pass who has 2 young children? Where are we going to live? etc... That is one of the reasons I am unfortunately not a religious person.
    My wife and I believe if we are good people and and treat everyone with respect, we will have done our jobs and will end up in a good place.
  2. Old Comment
    This was a great post (xmas365 is right)! We all ask "why" and we all worry about things...but we are human. I do try to keep in mind, "Trust the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding (do not try to figure it all out!). In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your path." Sometimes (well...okay...more times than I care to admit) I forget about this...and I still try to figure things out. What I also try to live one day at a time - otherwise, it is just too exhausting for me and the burden is too heavy. "So don't be anxious about tomorrow. God will take care of your tomorrow too. Live one day at a time." Matthew 6:34. I know, I know...easier said than done. I'll be the first to say that! We can only do our very best, treat others with love and respect - and nobody can ask for more than that!

And that, my friend...is your sermon for the day (tee-hee-hee)!
    Posted 07-17-2010 at 04:29 AM by ChristmasHeart ChristmasHeart is offline

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award