Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > Mumof2 » Only Me...

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,087
Threads: 53,915
Top Poster: xmas365 (165,650)
Welcome to our newest member, DoYouHearWhatIHear
Rate this Entry

Only Me...

Submit "Only Me..." to Digg Submit "Only Me..." to del.icio.us Submit "Only Me..." to StumbleUpon Submit "Only Me..." to Google
Posted 07-23-2010 at 04:24 PM by Mumof2

Can go on Vacation and end up in the Hospital...For years I have had serious problems with my ears.Hearing is bad,and infections set in every month or so.I can't swim underwater,need to use ear plugs when I take a bath or shower.Been to an ENT,she was a joke..told many times its earwax,really? earwax does this? Id ask my horrible doctor.My ears would swell up,become so tender and horribly sore Id end up eating advil like candy.then a few days later pus(I know,its gross) would drain.
3 Years I've been enduring this and for 3 years my incompitent Doctor has been say Earwax build up!!
So here it is June 30th late night and Im in aggony! Ive eaten Tylenol,Advil and tried to relax.But the pain is unbelieveable.
July 1ST I arrive at the Hospital in tiny Cut Off,La. and the nurse asks me what is the pain level? without skippin a beat I say "I'd rather give birth again,Naturally".and I was not kiddin'.I would rather be in labor again with my daughter who was 9lbs,23in long,and natural.She of course cracked a smile and knew I was in pain.she was Awesome! and it didnt hurt that she knew my hubby.
6 Vials of blood,a catscan,and 2 shots of demerol(let me tell ya,woo what a ride!) later I was Diagnosed with Mastoiditis,not to common in recent years.and is pretty darn serious if ya let it go on too long.(my Auntie Shirley actually had surgery and eventually went deaf cuz of this.) I stayed in the Hospital for 2 days and wanted out on July 3rd, the DR. was not pleased, he thought I should stay until it was cleared up.But Im not the type to sit in there and do nothing.I had rounds and rounds of Powerful Anti-biotics and tons of demerol,tylenol,anti-inflamitory meds and I could still feel the pain.It's kinda funny in a way,I live in a state where we have amazing hospitals and Dr's,But I travel to the Bayou,and they FINALLY,Discover whats been going on..
So Im filing a complaint,my family fired off a few letters and emails to the dr. and his employer.To sweeten the deal,my Ins. is refusing to pay for my stay and to re-emburse us for the scripts...I shoulda called before I went to the ER..Seriously? only me..V.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1837 Comments 2
« Depression.     Main     The Christmas Picture »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    That is terrible what you have gone through. I have gone through similar situations with doctors and it is very frustrating! I hope you completely recover!
    Posted 07-24-2010 at 04:44 PM by Christmas-A-Holic Christmas-A-Holic is offline
  2. Old Comment
    Thank You.

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award