Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > caninemom3 » The Start Of The Magic

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,431
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,553)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Christmas Tree The Christmas Tree Ship
By MMC Editor
01-03-2013 03:15 PM
Last post by Stnicholas01
07-17-2013 02:30 PM
38,957 Views  1 Posts
A Christmas Past Comes...
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:17 PM
0 Posts
“Christmas Afternoon” by...
By MerryCarey
05-14-2012 11:51 AM
38,805 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Controversies
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:27 PM
50,482 Views  0 Posts
Bells The Legends of Nature at...
By MMC Editor
05-29-2002 10:54 PM
80,797 Views  0 Posts
Rate this Entry

The Start Of The Magic

Submit "The Start Of The Magic" to Digg Submit "The Start Of The Magic" to del.icio.us Submit "The Start Of The Magic" to StumbleUpon Submit "The Start Of The Magic" to Google
Posted 08-07-2010 at 08:17 AM by caninemom3
Tags christmas

It's coming, I feel it. Right now it is a kind of subtle giddiness inside me, a vague sense of excitement, an inside kind of glow. The Christmas season is just around the corner and I feel it !!! Do you feel it as well ??? I was in Rite Aid yesterday and they have Fall things out, which to me is a direct connection to Christmas !!! I am starting to hear songs in my head........."...angels we have heard on high..." Or .........."Chestnuts roasting on an open fire......" As this excitement continues to grow I always tend to grow more hopeful for the world. I am a little idealistic but each year as Christmas approaches I always have the hope that maybe people will finally realize we are all part of the same family, the human family and that some of the silly divisions between us will abate because of that realization and that everyone perhaps will be touched by the magic that is Christmas. The lights, the tree, the decorations, the carols, the time spent quietly appreciating all the things I have in my life as Christmas approaches, all of these things are working their wonder inside me right at this very moment. It will not be long before I am saying very proudly "MERRY CHRISTmas" to people in the stores despite their "Happy Holidays" or "the same to you" replies. As part of the human family, the Christmas family, I feel it is part of my duty to spread the cheer and wonder of Christmas whether or not I am perceived to be a lunatic. I love the evenings where I sit with my furchildren gathered around me and the only thing lit in the living room is the tree and the fireplace....The blazing, glorious tree, which reminds me of the Light of The World. Yes, the glowing, bright wondrous Jesus and his ever warm and glowing love. Sometimes as I sit looking at the tree, I talk to Him. I apologize for my short comings and I tell Him of my hopes and fears about the future. There is no better time than Christmas to me to connect with Him.......It's coming nearer and nearer every day. This year I have a new family. My family here at MMC. My very dear new friends include folks like Xmas365, Ballcoach, Bradmac, Rockchild, ChristmasHeart, Christmas-A-Holic, Snow In Texas, Made582, Jeff Westover, Jimmy Olsen, and George Broderick Jr. and all are part of my new family as well as many, many others here on the site. Each of you have already given me a precious gift. You have given me your time, your friendship, your encouragement, your humor, your acceptance and most importantly of all you have all given of yourselves which in and of itself is such a wondrous gift. I know that this year when it is all over, I will not be as sad and empty because I have my MMC family but for now.....it's coming. Do You Feel it ???? ....."Joy To The World, The Lord Has Come........"
Total Comments 4

Comments

1. Old Comment
    OH YES! I FEEL IT TOO!!! What a SUPER AND EXCELLENT blog you wrote!!! How uplifting!!! Just reading it...I felt sooooooo much excitement and happiness...and hope. Very well put, my friend! Thank you for putting this smile on my face!!!
    Posted 08-07-2010 at 07:22 PM by ChristmasHeart ChristmasHeart is offline
  2. Old Comment
    That sounds wonderful! I know exactly what you mean. The seasons are going to be changing very soon! Fall will be here, than winter and Christmas!
  3. Old Comment
    I have felt it coming for awhile by here on this site. This site has been so great and I agree with you all the great people on here. I look forward to coming here every day, seeing what people write about the good things the bad things or just the people that need a quick pick me up. You are a great support to myself and I am sure a lot of people on here.
  4. Old Comment
    Another beautiful blog, cm3.

And of course, we're grateful to have you as part of our MMC family as well!

Year Round Christmas Radio -- Listen now!

Listen to Kringle Radio via...

Winamp
Windows Media

Click to listen now!

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award