Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > caninemom3 » Talking To The Master

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,973
Threads: 53,442
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,043)
Welcome to our newest member, Norrisrals
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
"A Great Tree" by Zona...
By MerryCarey
10-25-2011 07:49 AM
62,083 Views  0 Posts
Mostly Homemade (and...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2011 03:31 PM
46,045 Views  0 Posts
Kings of Extravagance
By MMC Editor
06-29-2002 08:08 PM
39,879 Views  0 Posts
My Santa Claus
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:41 PM
52,199 Views  0 Posts
“Santa’s Surprise Party”...
By MerryCarey
05-21-2012 11:15 AM
63,009 Views  0 Posts
Rate this Entry

Talking To The Master

Submit "Talking To The Master" to Digg Submit "Talking To The Master" to del.icio.us Submit "Talking To The Master" to StumbleUpon Submit "Talking To The Master" to Google
Posted 08-09-2010 at 09:41 PM by caninemom3
Tags jesus

I had made a post to a thread here on the site called "Christmas Present Take Or Pass". I had posted the gift of being able to talk with any historic figure. George Broderick Jr.'s answer really started me thinking and thank goodness for George for posting it. He listed one of the people he would like to talk to as Jesus. What a wonderful conversation that would be !! To ACTUALLY talk face to face with HIM !! I imagine myself sitting across from Him. I can see him in my mind's eye. He has hair to His shoulders and of course a beard and He has the kindest and saddest eyes I could ever imagine. To be in His physical presence would be so peaceful, so full of a glowing kind of love I think. The kind of love not found on this earth, not ever experienced by me. Of course, He would have the scars from His first time on this earth. What would I say ?? Would I have the courage to speak ?? I think I would want to tell Him that I know I need to be more like Him. I would ask him why He even would want ME as His child ?? ME.......Does He know everything I have done ?? Everything I have said and the manor in which I have said it ?? Does He know how very mean and disagreeable I can be ?? What about what people are doing to this earth He has given us to live on and why does He seem to be gone so much making it feel as though I am speaking to nothing ? There are so many things I would like to say to Him. The most important things would be to wish Him a Happy Birthday and to thank Him sincerely for all that He has given and gives. I know that He would have suggestions for me to follow. I would listen intently and ask Him for the grace to allow me to take heed of those suggestions because I cannot do anything without His grace. The last thing I guess I would ask is how He can still love mankind after all the atrocious behavior humans have displayed ?? Before our meeting would be over, I would of course ask forgiveness and if I were allowed, I would give Him the BIGGEST hug humanly possible. I would tell Him I love Him, though it seems as though I do not a lot of the time and in my imagination, He would smile. To have Him hug me back and to see that smile, that would be all I ever needed for the rest of my life. To see Him smile in aproval would make me weep. But then He DOES hug me and all of us who believe in Him I think and I believe He even offers hugs to those, or tries to who do not believe in Him. I would not want to leave Him as I think He has been left too much already but in my imagination as I leave, I see those marvelous eyes and that kind and knowing face and even the scarred hands and in my imagination I know there is nothing I can do to separate myself from His love and I am so thankful and graced and I am at peace knowing that someday I will not have to leave Him behind any more.
Views 1237 Comments 4
Total Comments 4

Comments

1. Old Comment
    "I Can Only Imagine"...

Such a beautiful blog, Cookie!!! You got me imaging too. God bless you!!!
    Posted 08-10-2010 at 05:49 PM by ChristmasHeart ChristmasHeart is offline
  2. Old Comment
    WOW....Thanks for sharing...God bless you, always....
    Posted 08-11-2010 at 02:38 PM by One Spoiled Brat One Spoiled Brat is offline
  3. Old Comment
    Nice blog! I actually visualize Jesus face when I pray to him. It's very real and intimate.
    Posted 08-12-2010 at 09:50 AM by Christmas-A-Holic Christmas-A-Holic is offline
  4. Old Comment
    I think most of us have asked ourselves those very same questions. Good to know we're not alone in that regard.

Thanks for the thoughtful post. You've me a great deal to dwell on...

Year Round Christmas Radio -- Listen now!

Listen to Kringle Radio via...

Winamp
Windows Media

Click to listen now!

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award