Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > caninemom3 » Peacefulness On A Hot Summer Day

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,440
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,943)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
A Babe at Christmas
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:25 PM
Last post by ilovesilentnight
10-28-2011 04:28 PM
46,178 Views  1 Posts
Presentblue Guide to Black Friday...
By MMC Editor
11-08-2012 11:50 AM
Last post by jimmydbrown
12-27-2012 04:59 AM
82,759 Views  4 Posts
“A Christmas Spectacle”...
By MerryCarey
05-11-2012 02:46 PM
35,965 Views  0 Posts
Dear Santa: I Want, I...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:38 PM
39,295 Views  0 Posts
Gift 4 Ideas for Frugal Gift...
By MMC Editor
09-25-2011 07:00 AM
72,396 Views  0 Posts
Rate this Entry

Peacefulness On A Hot Summer Day

Submit "Peacefulness On A Hot Summer Day" to Digg Submit "Peacefulness On A Hot Summer Day" to del.icio.us Submit "Peacefulness On A Hot Summer Day" to StumbleUpon Submit "Peacefulness On A Hot Summer Day" to Google
Posted 07-31-2010 at 07:31 PM by caninemom3
Tags mass

Today was such a wonderful day. A very satisfying day. Earlier in the day I went grocery shopping and ran errands with my husband. Later on, since I am Catholic, I attended Mass. Now, as a Catholic I am SUPPOSED to attend Mass every week, but I don't. No excuses here. I am at fault and I admit it. When I got to church it was so peaceful inside. After making my apologies to my Heavenly Father a great calm came over me. There was time before Mass started so I was able to sit and reflect somewhat. It seemed to me that perhaps instead of all this fighting humans do about which demonination is right or wrong or which religion is right or wrong, maybe we should be focusing on the really important factor - GOD. All this fighting is contrary to His message - LOVE ONE ANOTHER. To me God has always, always meant love AND TOLERANCE. To me, Jesus was extremely tolerant in his Earthly mission. Can you imagine if He had not been ?? I can't explan it, and you will probably think I am a little crazy and perhaps I am, but I have alwas felt a sort of connection with Him. I have always known HE IS. In my opinion, ALL CHURCHES are His home. ALL PEOPLE are His children and we as people are one in His eyes. I have never believed he sees us as a color, race, creed or anything else other than His children and that He sees our souls and He knows just what is inside each one. As I sat thinking today, I began to tear up. I was remembering all my family, humans and furchildren who are gone, and all the people and animals in the world who are starving, dying, being tortured and who have it so much worse than I do, but then I began to feel happy because I know they are all or will be very well, each of them human AND animal. I am so blessed and I do not really deserve it. There is just so much I do not understand and I am supposing I am not meant to understand. I don't understand really horrible things happening to people who are truly good while it seems the really nasty ones suffer no harm. I don't understand horrible things happening to children, the human or fur kind. To me, they are both innocent and though some say animals do not have souls, I cannot tell you how I know, but I know that if humans do animals do. They may not be the same kind of soul but a soul nonetheless. And human children. How could anyone ever hurt a child ?? What about children whose parents pass away and then have nobody ? I don't have any anwers but I know one thing to be true. God does not leave us even though things get really, really awful in this life sometimes. I know without a doubt there is another side to this coin. We may THINK and FEEL He is NOWHERE in sight but He is here......Quietly watching, waiting for His own time. We will ALL see those we have lost. I believe He shall wipe away all our tears as the bible says. As I took communion tonight a tear slid down my cheek. As I meditated after communion I imagined myself bowing before Him, the King of Kings and then giving Him the biggest hug I could possibly muster. I was at perfect peace and you know what ?? He hugged me back, He welcomed me to His table and if ever love could be felt it was in that moment. There was no anger from Him, no reproach, just a welcome home to one of His many daughters. I was home during that moment and not afraid for once in my life of what is to come......

This link summarizes a lot of how I feel....Third Day, Cry Out To Jesus

[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmVxRl5bc4Y&NR=1[/URL]
Views 1193 Comments 3
Total Comments 3

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Oh CM...I cannot tell you how our blog touched me! Honestly...I felt HIM as I read your post - and tears came to my eyes (and yes...that really happened)! From what you wrote - it sounds like you felt the hand of God touch your heart and soul...and from that He touched mine! I have to say "thank you"! You are absolutly right...the Lord never leaves us - it is us who leave Him at times (speaking from my own experience). "He will never leave us or foresake us", comes to mind. Oh...if you get the chance, look up the song "I Can Only Imagine" by Mercy Me. I just know you will feel what I feel when listening to that song! One finaly word...I agree with what you wrote about our furchildren.
    Posted 08-01-2010 at 05:11 AM by ChristmasHeart ChristmasHeart is offline
  2. Old Comment
    Very well said!
    Posted 08-01-2010 at 06:44 AM by Christmas-A-Holic Christmas-A-Holic is offline
  3. Old Comment
    CM,

Your words echo a lot of things I've felt.

Several times, I felt myself thinking, "Amen, sister!"

Thanks again for sharing your time and insights with us. I appreciate it.

Year Round Christmas Radio -- Listen now!

Listen to Kringle Radio via...

Winamp
Windows Media

Click to listen now!

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award