Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > ChristmasHeart » My very first blog...

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,088
Threads: 53,916
Top Poster: xmas365 (165,660)
Welcome to our newest member, MGunderso
Rate this Entry

My very first blog...

Submit "My very first blog..." to Digg Submit "My very first blog..." to del.icio.us Submit "My very first blog..." to StumbleUpon Submit "My very first blog..." to Google
Posted 08-20-2010 at 06:30 PM by ChristmasHeart

Well...I thought I would try my hand at typing a blog. I thought and thought (and thought) about what I should write about. I mean...there are so many topics to talk about. How does one make a choice?

I suppose that I do not have to have to write about any one topic...but just talk about "stuff". Hey...I'm just winging this...I really have absolutely no idea where this journey is going to lead us!

So sit right back...and let's goooo!

I really try to look on the bright side of things. You know...think positively and what-not. Most of the time, I am a VERY bouncy and happy person! Yup...that's me...I'm bouncing! Believe you me...over the last couple of years I sure have had my moments! (But I'm sure at one point or another...I'll write more specifically about that).

Oh yes...there are times when I like to get all dressed up and take myself to this little party that I like to call "pity"! Sometimes (and if I'm being completely honest with you), I like to stay at this "pity party" for a while and chat it up with Mopey, Weepy, Grumpy, and...oh yes, I must not forget...Crankers!

Okay...so I find it quite odd that I (at these times) get some kind of "pleasure" out of wallowing in self-pity! I mean...I must get some enjoyment out of it - or I wouldn't keep going back. Right?

Thankfully...I can snap out of it relatively quick. How? Well...by remembering all the BLESSINGS in my life! I find that as long as I am feeling sorry for myself, and thinking and dwelling about what's wrong - I stay in that mind-set.

So...when I'm feeling the blues - what gets me out of it is putting my thoughts and mind on God...family...friends...music...Christmas (and Christmas music really does bring me out of it)!

Easy, right?...NOT! Sometimes it takes some work to get my stinking thinking turned around. Besides...I'd rather be bouncy and happy - than feeling sorry for myself anyway.

Well there you have it, Christmas friends. I didn't know I was going to "talk" about this...but I think the reason why my blog went to this topic is because of something that happened today. But - poking some fun at myself...putting things in perspective, and writing to you sure has turned things around! Thank you for "listening"!

Now...how do you end one of these things??? Hmmmm...rodger-wilco? Ummmmm...over-and-out? Ahhhhh...see you later allegator? Oh...how about this?...

THE END
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1507 Comments 4
Total Comments 4

Comments

1. Old Comment
    [B]This was BRILLIANT As Harry would say !! Wonderful first blog or wonderful for any blog !! You are so uplifting !!! I am proud to call you my friend ! xo[/B]
  2. Old Comment
    Hey! Are you hanging out with my friends too, Mopey, Weepy, Grumpy and Crankers? Ha ha! Don't feel bad, we all have our moments. I am like you and think of all the blessing in my life and I have A LOT of blessings to be thankful for.

You did good on your first blog. I never wrote one but maybe someday I will.
    Posted 08-20-2010 at 06:49 PM by Christmas-A-Holic Christmas-A-Holic is offline
  3. Old Comment
    Great job, just write what pops into your head, wing it by the seat of your pants, thats what I do. What I feel like sharing with my Christmas friends.
    Thank you for sharing
    Ron
  4. Old Comment
    Nice Job! I enjoyed this very much =0)

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award