Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > caninemom3 » Kindred spirits

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,973
Threads: 53,443
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,043)
Welcome to our newest member, Norrisrals
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
The Tradition of...
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 05:47 PM
62,616 Views  0 Posts
Gift 2 Mormon Tabernacle Choir...
By MMC Editor
10-11-2012 10:26 PM
81,244 Views  0 Posts
Gift 2 Yes, Virginia -- There...
By MMC Editor
05-30-2002 01:39 PM
0 Posts
Eggnog: A Colonial...
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 05:49 PM
70,567 Views  0 Posts
Time-Saving Thanksgiving...
By MMC Editor
11-20-2011 01:57 PM
74,352 Views  0 Posts
Rate this Entry

Kindred spirits

Submit "Kindred spirits" to Digg Submit "Kindred spirits" to del.icio.us Submit "Kindred spirits" to StumbleUpon Submit "Kindred spirits" to Google
Posted 08-25-2010 at 04:26 PM by caninemom3

Animals mean a lot to me. In fact, they are what keeps me going when nothing else seems to help. I have 3 canines and 3 felines and they are my "furry children." I tend to love all animals though, not just the cute ones, I have a healthy respect for the not so cute ones too, you know, snakes, spiders, etc. I would never hurt a creature unless one was hurting one of my furchildren. I do not personally even believe in killing ants, bees, or whatever. I have just always felt a kind of connection to animals because perhaps I am a mammal myself, which is an animal. It seems a lot of folks do not like to think of themselves as animals but we are.

Throughout my life my furchildren have been there for me. From the time I was just little to now. It of course has not been the same furchildren as I have now, because as we know they sadly have a very brief life span. I would NEVER think of ever hurting one or abusing one and those who do in my opinion need to have whatever it is they have inflicted on such an innocent and trusting being inflicted upon themselves and to those who say "oh it's just a dog/cat/horse whatever, I have to ask, are you insane ? Or do you just not have emotions ? To me, you have and are a big problem.

When I have lost family members or friends throughout my life, it was dogs and cats who were the chicken soup for my soul. When my first husband ended his life here in the house, it was days afterward my Doberman, Jonesy literally walked around with his head hanging low and I swear to you I saw tears in his eyes. I Know some will think me crazy but that is the way I perceived Jonesy's reaction. My Bassett, Abercrombie and my Rhodesian Ridgeback, Rhuffles who were also here at that time also behaved in a very similar way so perhaps it was not my imagination. One of the people was gone and they were clearly impacted by it.

I believe there IS something to the fact that GOD spelled backward is DOG. (Cats are equally as important well as many other creatures). They ARE comforters, nurturers, companions, friends, binge buddies, and perhaps most importantly do not judge whether I gain/lose weight, have zits/wrinkles or whatever. They just care about love. Unconditional acceptance and affection, no strings attached. They even still love us humans if people hit them, kick them, torture them, whatever. They still love us. I will NEVER figure out why. I see animals as some sort of a group of messengers from God Himself. Sent here to try and help bumbling humans the best they can.

I have a great affection for wild animals too. Wolves, bears, particularly polar bears. Maybe it is because I see them as "underdogs." A lot of folks just don't care one way or the other what happens to polar bears. Their ice IS melting. Rapidly. A lot of folks do not believe this, but it IS true. I cannot say why this is happening. Perhaps it is part of a natural cycle, perhaps man is causing it. I don't know. I think what a lot of folks do not "get" is if the animals are in peril and die, it will not be long before a similar fate befalls the human race. I just know as far as polar bears that they are declining. As crazy as it sounds, I truly believe our heavenly Father wants me to take care of His animals, wild or not, be they polar bears, wolves, dogs, cats, horses, whatever. He wants me to be a "royal pain" if that is what it takes to raise awareness !! Well, that is not a problem. I AM a royal pain and if it helps my furry "brothers and sisters" I would be willing to be a regular hemorrhoid and a thrombosed one at that !!

This is a bit controversial but it is of course just my opinion and not a doctrine or gospel. I believe personally if humans have souls (and I do believe we do) then animals also have souls. Maybe they are different kinds of souls. Not as complex, not as nasty at times, more innocent. My dogs and cats DEFINITELY do things they know are wrong and act quite ashamed when they are told about it, a very "human" kind of behavior. They are sneaky, and even at times out of sorts, also all behaviors we have all engaged in which to me points to the fact that they know what they are doing, hence perhaps "proof" of the presence of a soul, a conscoiusness which chooses its action.

When I die I have a fantasy about meeting our Master and being appointed to help take care of the animal souls which have already passed and are in His care. That would be truly miraculous. To be in the presence of Jesus AND see all my dear furchildren who have already passed as well as all the creatures who have suffered and are now whole, healthy again, to me THAT IS HEAVEN. Animals and I are kindred spirits and I am a much better person for their presence throughout my life.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1154 Comments 5
Total Comments 5

Comments

1. Old Comment
    That was lovely and I agree 110% - I personally don't want to go anywhere that my animals (past, present and future) can't go
  2. Old Comment
    Your love for animals sounds like the way I feel as well!
    Posted 08-25-2010 at 06:10 PM by Christmas-A-Holic Christmas-A-Holic is offline
  3. Old Comment
    I believe you WILL be appointed to help take care of the animal souls! Your blog really made me smile!
    Posted 08-25-2010 at 06:20 PM by ChristmasHeart ChristmasHeart is offline
  4. Old Comment
    You are a saint sent for the protection of animals, they definitely have a soul and have feelings and emotions that maybe we will never understand. You are a kind and great human, and I am glad to have you as a friend.

Ron
  5. Old Comment
    I feel exactly the same way!!! great post

Year Round Christmas Radio -- Listen now!

Listen to Kringle Radio via...

Winamp
Windows Media

Click to listen now!

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award