Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > A Merry Blog » Christmas in New York with Jay

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,098
Threads: 54,020
Top Poster: xmas365 (167,029)
Welcome to our newest member, sonicboomboy
Long-winded Christmas musings and observations in operating My Merry Christmas.
Rate this Entry

Christmas in New York with Jay

Submit "Christmas in New York with Jay" to Digg Submit "Christmas in New York with Jay" to del.icio.us Submit "Christmas in New York with Jay" to StumbleUpon Submit "Christmas in New York with Jay" to Google
Posted 09-04-2010 at 03:36 PM by Jeff Westover

My wife and I are on vacation, just winding up things here in New York City before we head home tomorrow. Today we disembarked from the cruise ship and there to pick us up was JayIsh, our designated driver from all points in Brooklyn and, of course, our programming director at Merry Christmas Radio.

Two years ago Jay and I met for the first time after years of associating together here on MMC. It was a thrill then and a thrill again today.

This is the second time Jay has done this for us. In fact, I think I'll make it a point, every time I visit the New York area, to have Jay drive us around. He is just a joy and a delight to be with.

He took us to a local Christmas shop, where we kicked tires (ornaments?) and talked business here for a while. But really it was a choice couple of hours to just visit and get to know each other better.

I thank my lucky stars every day for this site and the friends like Jay that I make here.

I'm not sure our paths would have crossed any other way. There isn't a lot in our worlds collectively that could bring us together other than Christmas and it is a precious thing.

Jay is an incredibly gracious man with a huge, warm heart. He treats me and my wife like gold and I wished I lived closer to him to see him more often because I've decided I need more Jays in my life.
« Christmas Kin     Main     When the Dog Bites »
Total Comments 3

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Jeff I am so glad for your blog. You show me the way it should be done !!! MMC is much more than a website, it is truly a family and it is largely due to you and folks like Jayish, Radio Jon D and all the folks behind the scene. I am always honored to read your blog and I am honored to be part of MMC.
  2. Old Comment
    Thank you for sharing this, Jeff! Oh...and that store looks absolutely beautiful! Happy to hear that you and Jayish had a good visit together! Like CM said above...I, too, am so honoured to be part of this Christmas community and cherish the friendships I am making!
    Posted 09-04-2010 at 05:22 PM by ChristmasHeart ChristmasHeart is offline
  3. Old Comment
    Sounds like you are having a great time with a great friend!

I am thankful for these forums as well and the fantastic people I have met here!

God Bless You!
    Posted 09-04-2010 at 09:33 PM by Christmas-A-Holic Christmas-A-Holic is online now

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award