Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > caninemom3 » Migraines, Memories And Musings

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,978
Threads: 53,469
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,864)
Welcome to our newest member, ShontelleE
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
santahat Light on a Snowy Day
By MMC Editor
11-07-2011 07:41 AM
0 Posts
Jimmy Scarecrow's...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2002 07:57 PM
66,957 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Tree A Christmas Tree for Cats
By MMC Editor
10-11-2013 08:21 AM
30,762 Views  0 Posts
The Santa Clause 2...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:11 PM
0 Posts
Little Girl's Christmas:...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2002 07:55 PM
53,978 Views  0 Posts
Rate this Entry

Migraines, Memories And Musings

Submit "Migraines, Memories And Musings" to Digg Submit "Migraines, Memories And Musings" to del.icio.us Submit "Migraines, Memories And Musings" to StumbleUpon Submit "Migraines, Memories And Musings" to Google
Posted 09-04-2010 at 06:49 AM by caninemom3
Tags musings

As I lay here this morning typing, some of you may think I am crazy. You are probably correct. ( I actually did undergo shock therapy at one time when I was just 19 years old !) I have a migraine this morning which awakened me at 6:30 a.m. EST. Now this is nothing new for me but some of you may be wondering why I would post in my blog when I am in such discomfort. I don't really have an answer, I just have thoughts (as well as pain) in my head and MUST get them out. I have had these monstrous headaches since I was a small child. The only difference between now and then is that physicians know what they are. When I was a kid in the 1960s I was given aspirin by my very concerned mom, which of course did not help. The headaches at that time just had to pass on their own. I have had a LOT of these lately which is not unusual. I seem to go through a period where I have them for perhaps several days to weeks and then they stop. When I had them as a child my dear mother would try her very best to make me feel better with all kinds of concoctions and maneuvers. Even when she was dead tired, if I had a headache or if anything were wrong, to the rescue came Susy, never even once thinking of herself. I know that is what moms are SUPPOSED to do...but my mother was over and above the "call of duty."

I don't have a particular subject other than mentioned in the title today. I just felt I had to write. I am sure much of this will be quite boring as there really is no point. Go figure why excruciating pain makes me want to blog !! I have such memories of this time of year. I am sure we all do. When I was a little girl (probably about 1962 or so) I would be "chafing at the bit" for Halloween. I would wake up in the middle of the night all excited because Halloween and Trick Or Treat night (Yes, it was at NIGHT) were on the way. My dad had bought a set of encyclopedias, the best of their kind at the time called The Book of Knowledge for us and there was one volume of the set that focused on Holidays, Halloween being included. I would get up and read through that volume again and again, getting more and more excited !! When trick or treat itself came, I would go out with other kids and it was so exicting !! I still can feel the chilliness of the air and the hear crunch of the leaves as well as feel the kindness of the people giving treats. The world was very different then. Now parents have to worry about their children being kidnapped, poisoned, or even worse, murdered. My God, has this world, this Country become a bunch of cruel sociopaths that we attack children ?? It makes my blood boil. If I saw ANYONE or suspected ANYONE of ever hurting a child, suffice to say that person would find themselves without lungs by my hand the same as if the cruelty were happening to a furchild. I make no distintcion - innocence is innocence and cruelty is cruelty and the latter needs to be punished accordingly. I care not how as as long as the attacker recieves like treatment.

One of my very good friends, in fact one of my first friends here on MMC, Xmas365, just published a blog in which he talks of many things that bother him and with his permission, I will expound further on his thoughts in this blog. What is with people ?? Why is everyone in such a doggone hurry ?? Why does everyone have to have a phone to their ear 24/7 which makes them even more careless when driving ?? And what about all the nastiness surrounding Washington ?? I am not going to make a political statement but I agree with Xmas, it is totally disgusting. One side attacks, then the other side attacks back. Good grief people !!! Are we in kindergarten again ?? The answer is no, kindergartners are above us in maturity regarding this behavior in my opinion. Then there is the ever growing violence in the world, not just in America but everywhere and the growing prejudice against religions and also against whatever political party one may be with and against the color of one's skin and etc, blah, blah, blah. ENOUGH ALREADY !!!! STOP IT !!! I realize not all are believers in Christ but for those who are, do you not know He said LOVE ONE ANOTHER ?? That doesn't mean "like." It doesn't mean "get along with." It MEANS LOVE INCLUDING ENEMIES. It does not mean twisting His words to fit whatever agenda. What a sad state of affairs.

As I commented to Xmas, the only people we can change is ourselves. Perhaps if we would just remember the feelings of Christmas Spirit, as Xmas365 correctly suggested, maybe then our world would improve. Black, white, gay, straight, Christian, Muslim, Republican, Democtrat, Tea Party, conservatives, liberals, etc. We may not LIKE one another but if this world is going to survive, if we are going to survive, in my opinion WE MUST WORK TOGETHER and accept one another, start LOVING ONE ANOTHER. Pointing fingers is never a solution. Does hatred and pettiness or has it ever gotten anyone anywhere ??? I believe "Peace on Earth, Good Will To Men" is a solution, just as it was over 2,000 years ago and it never rang more true than today.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 990 Comments 3
Total Comments 3

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I am soooooooo sorry to hear about your migraine, my dear friend! It was nice to hear about how your Mom took care of you as a child - and your Halloween when you were little!

I'm sorry...I don't follow politics - and I don't watch much of the news - probably because so much of it is sad. Whether that's good or bad, I don't really know. By the way...are my rose-coloured glasses on straight?...lol!

I do, however, agree with you my dear friend..."Peace on Earth, Good Will To Men". Very nicely put!
    Posted 09-04-2010 at 08:32 AM by ChristmasHeart ChristmasHeart is offline
  2. Old Comment
    I hope you get to feeling better and get rid of your headache.

I am like ChristmasHeart and do not follow politics closely so it's difficult for me to comment on. Same as the news, really hard for me to watch. I tune in sometimes and end up turning it off because of the sad stuff.

I do wish the world got along better and as you mentioned "love one another". =)
    Posted 09-04-2010 at 09:04 PM by Christmas-A-Holic Christmas-A-Holic is online now
  3. Old Comment
    I wish those headaches would leave you alone, I only get excruciating headaches when it is hot outside and each step makes it throb.
    And your opinions on all the lack of humanity:

AMEN!

Year Round Christmas Radio -- Listen now!

Listen to Kringle Radio via...

Winamp
Windows Media

Click to listen now!

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award