Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > caninemom3 » Just Another Day

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,976
Threads: 53,451
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,178)
Welcome to our newest member, Johnmak
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
It's a Wonderful Life...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:17 PM
52,121 Views  0 Posts
Gift 2 Catching Santa: Ain't...
By Elf Ed Zachary
11-26-2013 03:03 AM
4,389 Views  0 Posts
Charles Dickens: A Merry...
By MMC Editor
05-30-2011 03:24 PM
Last post by Joyfully yours
10-19-2013 09:51 PM
69,817 Views  1 Posts
Top Ten Things Never to...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 03:54 PM
46,163 Views  0 Posts
Gift for Men
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 06:42 PM
57,140 Views  0 Posts
Rate this Entry

Just Another Day

Submit "Just Another Day" to Digg Submit "Just Another Day" to del.icio.us Submit "Just Another Day" to StumbleUpon Submit "Just Another Day" to Google
Posted 09-11-2010 at 07:32 PM by caninemom3
Tags eeyore

I must be the weirdest person on the face of this earth. It is still September 11 and my birthday is tomorrow, September 12, which is making me quite sad. I don't know if anyone else has ever experienced feelings like this. I don't know why I am so sad. It is not that I expected a big party with lots of gifts, etc. I pretty much already knew/know how my birthday will go. My dear sister came to visit me today, Saturday, and we went to lunch and such. But that is going to be about it. Tomorrow I work so the celbration is already over. I don't know, maybe I just have the sulks.

I always seem to have such a glum outlook on things. Though I am quite blessed, I tend to focus not on all the good things in my life but instead on the bad things. For me it is much easier to be sad than happy at least these days. I have always been like this to a degree and even more so as I am getting closer to the end of my 50s.

I do recall a time though when David was still here that I bordered on happy even on my birthday.

What did I/Do expect for my birthday ?? To feel appreciated. To feel affection. To feel like I MATTER. To have a fuss made over ME.

My husband did get me flowers and a card LAST weekend even though he knows my birthday is this weekend. Guess he just wanted to get it out of the way and not be bothered. My stepchildren never remember that it is my birthday even though it is me every year who makes sure theirs are not forgotten. But that is okay also.

So another year perhaps is beginning. Another year of struggling financially, emotionally. And another year of getting more and more tired and I do not mean just physically tired.

I know everyone has done their best for my "special day" this year and I feel like I am being an ingrate.

Tonight if any night, I am Eeyore's twin. If you happen to find my perpetually lost blue tail, I would sure appreciate it if I can have it back. Maybe you could give it to me as a birthday gift.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 868 Comments 2
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Louanne,

As I have said in the past you are a wonderful person, and I am sure everyone does appreciate you, unfortunately maybe they don't know how to show it or they may think you know they do.
    I hope your birthday was a good one though, just know this site would not be the same without you, I look forward to reading your posts, the visitor messages you send me, as you have been a great friend here for me, and if I may say I may have located your tail in a sense, it is this site and the people you have touched being a part of this great site. You are always one of the first with a kind word, and a quick witty reply to a wise comment, you have a great love of music very eclectic. You truly care about everybody and it shows. YOU are appreciated not only by me, but I am sure most on this site.

Ron
    xmas365
  2. Old Comment
    I'm so sorry I missed your blog the other day! Well I'm here now and will say that I agree with Xmas...it would NOT be the same here without you! You do so much for so many people - and you don't even know it.

I appreciate you...YOU MATTER SOOOOOOO MUCH!!!! To me...and so many others, my dear friend!

If I were there with you right now...I'd be giving you GINOURMOUS birthday ((((((((HUGS)))))))!
    Posted 09-14-2010 at 12:00 PM by ChristmasHeart ChristmasHeart is offline

Year Round Christmas Radio -- Listen now!

Listen to Kringle Radio via...

Winamp
Windows Media

Click to listen now!

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award