Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > Maureen » In my happy place!!!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,973
Threads: 53,442
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,043)
Welcome to our newest member, Norrisrals
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Bells Christmas and Tragedy:...
By MMC Editor
12-15-2012 11:40 AM
Last post by Christmasstar
02-15-2013 08:32 PM
2 Posts
A Fat Man's Holiday
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:18 PM
44,857 Views  0 Posts
Dear Santa: Getting...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:36 PM
43,566 Views  0 Posts
There's Something About...
By MMC Editor
06-22-2010 10:42 PM
49,756 Views  0 Posts
The Legend of The Boar
By MMC Editor
06-03-2002 01:58 PM
53,625 Views  0 Posts
Rate this Entry

In my happy place!!!

Submit "In my happy place!!!" to Digg Submit "In my happy place!!!" to del.icio.us Submit "In my happy place!!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "In my happy place!!!" to Google
Posted 09-19-2010 at 06:50 AM by Maureen

Well, this is a first!! Me, blogging.......where will it all end?!

I'm sitting here, as you do, pondering on the great mysteries of life. Do I want another coffee before I head out into the rain with the dogs? Can the dogs wait for me to have another coffee before I head out into the rain with them? Do I have a shower before or after the said rainy walk (that one was simple; if I get soaked, I'm gonna want to heat up when I get back!) I'm sure the dogs won't hold it against me and any dodgy unwashed smell emanating from me will more than be disguised by eau de wet mutt!!! Anyway, too much information for delicate ears to handle this early on a Sunday, I'm sure.......

Heading back to the plot (I have a tendency to digress more than just a little, so please make yourselves comfortable and fasten your safety belt, it could end up quite the journey..) I'm still sitting here and I'm in my happy place. The unwalked dogs are sitting at my feet next to the radiators as it's currently sitting at 46* here (not forgetting the rain) and we're all feeling slightly chilled (and not in the laid back kind of way!) However, I'm curled up on the couch, laptop balanced precariously but currently balanced (unlike last week when I managed to trip over the cables and drop my OH's laptop - did you know they don't bounce?!)(digress, digress)

Since writing that, I'm now back on the couch with walked dogs! I'd like to say that I did it because I'm a good person; the truth is that the rain let up!! Still, they are now back in their previous sonambulant position next to the radiator (hey, we may not be awake but we have to rid the world of those bunnies!), albeit with a slight steam and that eau de wet mutt I mentioned earlier!!

You may, by now, be wondering where all this is going. To be honest, I think I've lost the plot myself! Anyway, the title is In My Happy Place and it was inspired by the fact that I'm at home, with my other half, my hounds, sheltered from the elements. If I go out into the elements, it's my choice and I'm not forced there by circumstances outwith my control. I'm listening to MCR whilst typing this, which means I'm lucky enough to have luxuries. I'm going to be reorganising Bruce's room later to better utilise the space as he's not in it having just started his 2nd year at college which means we have a son who is on the right track that we are very proud of. I've just finished a plate of fries, cheese and coleslaw which means I have the privilege to pick and choose if I want to eat healthily or just go for complete stodge (no prizes for guessing today's winner!) "If" I can eat is not an issue.

Okay, so things aren't completely perfect - turns out that before the dogs curled up SO cutely at my feet, they succeeded in rolling about on both beds.

Did I mention we'd just walked through a muddy field................

Thanks for reading! I enjoyed this; it was quite cathartic and as you all have probably realised by now, I do have a tendency to babble so it's like a duck to water.

Till next time (I have a feeling there actually may be a next time........consider yourselves warned)
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1602 Comments 2
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Anytime my dogs are with me is always a happy place, (even if they are muddy, lol). Mine are curled up with me now while I read this.

Very nice read! Thanks for sharing.
    Posted 09-19-2010 at 08:11 AM by Christmas-A-Holic Christmas-A-Holic is offline
  2. Old Comment
    You are so funny, Maureen !! Your first blog was FANTASTIC !!! Listen, if I can blog I am sure you can write a BRILLIANT blog, which you just did. Hope you do write more and I hope those babies are okay too !! Take care, okay !! PS: I followed the plot PERFECTLY !!!

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks

Year Round Christmas Radio -- Listen now!

Listen to Kringle Radio via...

Winamp
Windows Media

Click to listen now!

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award