Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > Mumof2 » The Christmas Picture

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,094
Threads: 53,944
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,079)
Welcome to our newest member, TeamYANTSU
Rate this Entry

The Christmas Picture

Submit "The Christmas Picture" to Digg Submit "The Christmas Picture" to del.icio.us Submit "The Christmas Picture" to StumbleUpon Submit "The Christmas Picture" to Google
Posted 08-19-2010 at 02:53 PM by Mumof2

I think of my Father often.I miss him even more when I know he'd get a kick outta something.I was answering a Question when this memory popped into my head and like always I smiled and then let out a sigh,Knowing I cannot call him.Im just glad he left me with so many wonderful memories..

My father was a big Christmas Nut (wonder where I get it from) He couldnt wait to get the tree and Decorations up.Me and Kevin couldn't wait until mum & dad put the lights on the tree.Nothing more hilarious than my 5ft Mum and my 6ft dad fighting about the lights!After the Battle I'd call the rest of our Brothers and Sisters to tell them Yet again our tiny Mum had won..lol.
So when fake trees came out my mum got him a mini one.For Years this thing stayed decorated and lit up.Finally it burnt out and my father was heartbroken,it was summer so It would be awhile before we could get him another one.So I went into my stash of coloring books and picked out my masterpiece,colored that thing like my life depended on it.Wrote the date and that it was by me and added a note"To Pupi,since you cannot have a real tree, I hope this one will do".Love Vickie...
Brought that picture to his room and handed it to him.Let me tell ya I was beaming with pride like I painted the Mona Lisa! He looked at it and said" Aw,Baby Its beautiful,Thank You"! I'll never get rid of it,as he looked down at it,Running his big bear hands over it, taking up much of the paper.

So flash forward to April 2001 I had the Heartbreaking and extremely hard task of going through my Father's things.Eyes red,puffy and full of tears I saw lil things,like school pics,change,puzzle books,tapes of us using his voice recorder,Then my Jaw flew open there in a green picture frame my Dad had put The picture of a christmas tree I colored so many years before for him.I couldn't believe it,he kept it all those years. It was in great condition.My mum said that he could never throw it away.My Dad the big softy.I took that picture of a christmas tree back to Louisiana,and Hung it in my Newborn sons room.
There it satyed until Katrina hit in 2005 and it went to safety along with my Husband.I still have that picture,still in the green frame,and I can still see my Handsome father telling me he loved it....V.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 3970 Comments 10
« Only Me...     Main     Anniversaries »
Total Comments 10

Comments

1. Old Comment
    [B]Thank you for sharing such a precious and beautiful memory. You touched my heart so much and brought back memories of my dad too. Thank you for making my day. What a wonderful story and memory. Blessings[/B]
  2. Old Comment
    Thank You! Im glad you liked it. It's tough when we lose someone so Precious.
  3. Old Comment
    Sorry about losing your father. I loved reading your story, you have wonderful memories of him!
    Posted 08-19-2010 at 05:16 PM by Christmas-A-Holic Christmas-A-Holic is online now
  4. Old Comment
    Thank you for your blog, Mumof2! It truly touched my heart!
    Posted 08-19-2010 at 06:17 PM by ChristmasHeart ChristmasHeart is offline
  5. Old Comment
    Thank You,Christmas-A-Holic,Im glad you liked it.I have many more..

ChristmasHeart,You are Welcome! Im so Happy It did.My father was a Hoot! I love sharing stories about him...
  6. Old Comment
    What great memories, thank you for sharing!
  7. Old Comment
    This is a beautiful story. Thank you for sharing it with us...
  8. Old Comment
    This is what life is all about. Love.
  9. Old Comment
    A beautiful story! My dad and I shared green eyes and December birthdays, so he's a big part of my Christmas memories, too. He passed in 1995 and I still have moments when I want to pick up the phone and call him.

I hope your Christmas is blessed in everyway!
  10. Old Comment
    Your story touched my heart. I lost my dad in 2003 and now my mom just about 7 weeks ago. It is bittersweet at Christmas remembering the precious ones who won't be joining us. Thank you for sharing your wonderful memories.

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award