Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > Christmas, Life, and Family » I Talked To God Last Night

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,097
Threads: 54,003
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,737)
Welcome to our newest member, AmyHardy
My name is Ron, I am a Christmas nut always have been always will be. I am first and foremost a stay at home dad that has an evening job at a retail/grocery establishment. After my second son was born I stepped down from my management position, so my wife and I don't have to pay for daycare. My wife is a teacher in the town we live, so people recognize us everywhere in our little town.
My wife and I have been married for 9 years. We have 2 boys aged 6 and 3, both are young Christmas nuts.

I have loved Christmas as long as I remember
from seeing the lights on all the houses, to seeing if I could stay awake to see Santa.
Christmas has been the one constant in my life it has always been there for me, through the rough times of my parents divorce when I was 10 y/o or my mother's passing when I was 16.
Everyone always tried to make it something special for myself and sister when we were young no matter what was going on. I now believe that is why I love this time of year more than any other because of the efforts of my family to hold it above any other time of year. I get to make the season special for my boys now, whether it be by playing the music decorating the house and yard or just playing the dvd's. The memories the season has brought have always warm and it is no wonder why I look forward to making more of these memories every year. My favorite Christmas movie is A Christmas Story my favorite Christmas song is O Holy Night. My favorite Christmas artist is Bing Crosby.
Well if I ran on a little bit I am sorry I am new to blogging, it sounds always better in your mind.
I will try to keep posting and making it interesting for all who read.
Rate this Entry

I Talked To God Last Night

Submit "I Talked To God Last Night" to Digg Submit "I Talked To God Last Night" to del.icio.us Submit "I Talked To God Last Night" to StumbleUpon Submit "I Talked To God Last Night" to Google
Posted 10-13-2010 at 12:26 PM by xmas365

As some of you know, I was raised in a house where my mom was a minister, it was a different life where we had to learn to be second fiddle to the congregation sometimes. In a way I feel I lost valuable time with my mother that can never be recovered, yet it was her calling, a calling that had her always helping people as her profession was a registered nurse. Of course it was the cancer that took her life away from this Earth at too young of an age. I continued praying through much of the early 90's but somehow I developed an anger with God and religion in general and I turned my back on it, I haven't gone to a church service in 10 years, except for the occasional wedding or funeral. I did not even want to get married in a church, but my wife did and I agreed to do it. I do not want my children to be raised without knowledge of God, because even though I may not be the religious type, I believe God is there and know Jesus is all around us. I dated a girl in the mid 90's who never heard of the story of Noah's Ark because she never went to church in her life and that is not the way I want my kids to be. I have sort of veered off course from my original story, but last night after I logged off from this site I was flipping around the TV and I started watching the miracle of those trapped miners being rescued and I got very emotional watching it and I was thanking God for the safety of them as they were being raised from their living tomb. I turned off the TV and continued praying and thanking him for all I have and I am sorry for turning my back on him and asking help with some of my demons that have reared their heads lately.
I talked to God last night, and do you know what? He was there. He was listening to me. I could feel his warmth surrounding me as I talked to him, after all those years with my back turned he was there for me giving me comfort as I spoke. I can't promise I will pray every night, I won't lie, but He was there listening to me when I needed him the most last night.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 806 Comments 3
Total Comments 3

Comments

1. Old Comment
    WOW! Your story made me tear up. I am so happy that you found comfort in God.

God accepted your apology right then and there when you said you were sorry. He is loving and forgiving.

This is all a blessing for your entire family.

I will say an extra prayer for you. Have a blessed day my friend!
    Posted 10-13-2010 at 04:59 PM by Christmas-A-Holic Christmas-A-Holic is offline
  2. Old Comment
    Ron, now it is I who am in tears. What a wonderful thing and beautiful blog. Yes, He is ALWAYS there for you, for all of us. I don't mean to sound like I am preaching but He loves you, all of us more than any of us could EVER know ! God does not ask that you be perfect. He is already perfect and having lived in human form, he knows how humans "roll" as it were. He is a father. The eternal father. Even though an earthly child may turn away from its father, that father never turns his back on his child. He just waits still loving and waiting. So it is with our eternal Father. All He wants is your heart, not perfection. Even when it feels like He is not there, that is when He is the closest to us. At least that is the way I have always felt. No matter what I have done or said (and BELIEVE ME I have said some THINGS to Him) He ALWAYS welcomes me with warmth and love and forgiveness and it is the same for all of us.
  3. Old Comment
    Good for you, Ron. Gratitude is an outstanding attribute and it humbles me to know that there are still people out there who look towards the heavens to say thanks before they shake their fist at the sky in anger or drill with questions like "Why?"

So many think things happen because God wills it.

I don't believe that. I believe God planned this experience for us because he loves us. He knows some of it wouldn't be great and that some of it might be painful. That is, after all, how we learn. It is, after all, learning that made Him God. What father wouldn't want what he has for his children?

But you're right. Through thick and thin he is here for us. If we have a grateful heart we will have the ears to hear him.

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award