Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > Christmas, Life, and Family » MMC and Our Kittens

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,097
Threads: 54,002
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,737)
Welcome to our newest member, AmyHardy
My name is Ron, I am a Christmas nut always have been always will be. I am first and foremost a stay at home dad that has an evening job at a retail/grocery establishment. After my second son was born I stepped down from my management position, so my wife and I don't have to pay for daycare. My wife is a teacher in the town we live, so people recognize us everywhere in our little town.
My wife and I have been married for 9 years. We have 2 boys aged 6 and 3, both are young Christmas nuts.

I have loved Christmas as long as I remember
from seeing the lights on all the houses, to seeing if I could stay awake to see Santa.
Christmas has been the one constant in my life it has always been there for me, through the rough times of my parents divorce when I was 10 y/o or my mother's passing when I was 16.
Everyone always tried to make it something special for myself and sister when we were young no matter what was going on. I now believe that is why I love this time of year more than any other because of the efforts of my family to hold it above any other time of year. I get to make the season special for my boys now, whether it be by playing the music decorating the house and yard or just playing the dvd's. The memories the season has brought have always warm and it is no wonder why I look forward to making more of these memories every year. My favorite Christmas movie is A Christmas Story my favorite Christmas song is O Holy Night. My favorite Christmas artist is Bing Crosby.
Well if I ran on a little bit I am sorry I am new to blogging, it sounds always better in your mind.
I will try to keep posting and making it interesting for all who read.
Rate this Entry

MMC and Our Kittens

Submit "MMC and Our Kittens" to Digg Submit "MMC and Our Kittens" to del.icio.us Submit "MMC and Our Kittens" to StumbleUpon Submit "MMC and Our Kittens" to Google
Posted 11-22-2010 at 09:18 AM by xmas365

This is the time of year I was looking most forward to spending time on this great site, since this is what we celebrate everyday here.
Life in general has gotten in the way of the time I have wanted to share here, between my work schedule of now nearly 40 hours a week, which is up from 28 that I worked the last 2 years, the money is great but exhaustion reigns supreme in my life at this time, especially when I move 1000's of pounds of turkeys a day, I don't think my arms have ever been bigger, but wow am I tired. I still do make a quick visit at least once a day, do a quick blurb in the countdown, and did join in the countdown to the season for the last 20 minutes before midnight, that was quite fun. I am still looking forward to being here for the festivities of the season and celebrating with all of you.

Kitties: I just want to give an update of the kittens we rescued back in May, and describe their personalities quickly.

We ended out adopting two of them out to good homes, and from what we have heard they are doing really well. Then in September we found another kitten, and took him in.
I will start with our 2 oldest first.

Milo: he is the elder statesman of the group at 12 years old, he is quite large at 18lbs, and he is very my way or the highway and only likes my wife.
Merlin: He is 11 years, very loving he sleeps with one of the kids every night, but age is not being to kind to him, he is very slow and doesn't jump to well. He is smaller than Milo weighing in at 15lbs.
Gomez: He was the runt of the litter that we found, we fed him with a medicine dropper when we first found him, but now he is just over 7 months old and he is trying to assert himself as the alpha male, he is nearly the size of Merlin but he is all muscle and very strong, and still growing, he is not much of a cuddler, but will show his appreciation every now and then.
Ophelia: The only female of the group, she is a Diva in every sense of the word, she is her own "cat" and only shows herself when she feels it is appropriate. She is very sweet when she wants to be.
Sidney: One word describes him simple, he loves the kids and is happy go lucky, but unfortunately he is not to smart, it is probably a good thing we rescued him because he really had no chance out in the outdoor world.
Alex: he is the baby of the group we found him in September, and he is the most loving little guy ever, everybody that sees him wants him because of his personality, he is 4 months old and still tiny.
Even though the cats have destroyed my tree at this point, we love them all and have a hard time envisioning life without them.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 554 Comments 1
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Thank you for the update on the babies !!! I hope you will get to spend more time here soon. You always have such wonderful blogs and I look forward to your postings !!!! Take care if Gomez should need a new home......I have an idea where he might find one !! Have a great afternoon/evening.

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award