Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,097
Threads: 54,001
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,737)
Welcome to our newest member, AmyHardy
My name is Ron, I am a Christmas nut always have been always will be. I am first and foremost a stay at home dad that has an evening job at a retail/grocery establishment. After my second son was born I stepped down from my management position, so my wife and I don't have to pay for daycare. My wife is a teacher in the town we live, so people recognize us everywhere in our little town.
My wife and I have been married for 9 years. We have 2 boys aged 6 and 3, both are young Christmas nuts.

I have loved Christmas as long as I remember
from seeing the lights on all the houses, to seeing if I could stay awake to see Santa.
Christmas has been the one constant in my life it has always been there for me, through the rough times of my parents divorce when I was 10 y/o or my mother's passing when I was 16.
Everyone always tried to make it something special for myself and sister when we were young no matter what was going on. I now believe that is why I love this time of year more than any other because of the efforts of my family to hold it above any other time of year. I get to make the season special for my boys now, whether it be by playing the music decorating the house and yard or just playing the dvd's. The memories the season has brought have always warm and it is no wonder why I look forward to making more of these memories every year. My favorite Christmas movie is A Christmas Story my favorite Christmas song is O Holy Night. My favorite Christmas artist is Bing Crosby.
Well if I ran on a little bit I am sorry I am new to blogging, it sounds always better in your mind.
I will try to keep posting and making it interesting for all who read.
Rate this Entry

Why Not Me?

Submit "Why Not Me?" to Digg Submit "Why Not Me?" to del.icio.us Submit "Why Not Me?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Why Not Me?" to Google
Posted 02-10-2011 at 09:49 PM by xmas365
Tags store, vision

I have shared my thoughts on my goal of opening a Christmas store, I have received great advice, encouraging and some eye opening. As a person who suffers from anxiety, the eye opening words should probably scare me, but this is the new me having this goal is the carrot dangling above my head.

Life is about challenges and I am up for this challenge, I have my notebook of my vision, and though I am not ready to share what exactly those visions are yet. (Shhh! trade secrets) I believe I have some unique ideas, which I will see when I go on "field trips" to local Christmas stores starting this summer.

I understand the risks involved with opening your own business, but I feel there is a need for a shop around here, there are very few Christmas shops in Western Massachusetts and I believe this will fill a need. The economy is slowly getting better and when I am ready to take this step, hopefully it will be fully recovered.

I am standing by this goal, I can already see the store in all its glory in my mind, I already see myself working in it, working with a big smile on my face enjoying MY store.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1241 Comments 3
Total Comments 3

Comments

1. Old Comment
    What is life if we don't take risks ? Kudos to you Ron !!! I am a million percent behind you and your Christmas store !!! I know it will be magical and I hope someday perhaps I will visit it !! It is going to be the MOST WONDERFUL Christmas store ever !!
  2. Old Comment
    I hope it all works out and yes I will visit it as I go to westerm mass every year. You live in a beautiful part of that state! I can't wait to see it!
  3. Old Comment
    You are on the right track careful planning is what it takes. As I was always told when growing up getting your homework done makes the task at hand easier to do.

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award