Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > Christmas, Life, and Family » Christmas Store Ideas Volume 1

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,127
Threads: 54,231
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,429)
Welcome to our newest member, cmas333
My name is Ron, I am a Christmas nut always have been always will be. I am first and foremost a stay at home dad that has an evening job at a retail/grocery establishment. After my second son was born I stepped down from my management position, so my wife and I don't have to pay for daycare. My wife is a teacher in the town we live, so people recognize us everywhere in our little town.
My wife and I have been married for 9 years. We have 2 boys aged 6 and 3, both are young Christmas nuts.

I have loved Christmas as long as I remember
from seeing the lights on all the houses, to seeing if I could stay awake to see Santa.
Christmas has been the one constant in my life it has always been there for me, through the rough times of my parents divorce when I was 10 y/o or my mother's passing when I was 16.
Everyone always tried to make it something special for myself and sister when we were young no matter what was going on. I now believe that is why I love this time of year more than any other because of the efforts of my family to hold it above any other time of year. I get to make the season special for my boys now, whether it be by playing the music decorating the house and yard or just playing the dvd's. The memories the season has brought have always warm and it is no wonder why I look forward to making more of these memories every year. My favorite Christmas movie is A Christmas Story my favorite Christmas song is O Holy Night. My favorite Christmas artist is Bing Crosby.
Well if I ran on a little bit I am sorry I am new to blogging, it sounds always better in your mind.
I will try to keep posting and making it interesting for all who read.
Rate this Entry

Christmas Store Ideas Volume 1

Submit "Christmas Store Ideas Volume 1" to Digg Submit "Christmas Store Ideas Volume 1" to del.icio.us Submit "Christmas Store Ideas Volume 1" to StumbleUpon Submit "Christmas Store Ideas Volume 1" to Google
Posted 05-03-2011 at 08:38 PM by xmas365

As I am starting to go over what will be needed to open and run a Christmas store, I have thought of some things that I hope that will keep the customers coming in throughout the year, as it is a very niche idea of a few hardcore Christmas nuts I will need to keep it in the minds of the community 365 days. I have my notes that I have for myself that I will not be sharing yet, but I would like to share some of the ideas I have come up with to try to draw people in throughout the whole year.

1. Pinpointed sales-Special days throughout the year to drive more people in. Things like Rudolph Day sales, Clearance sales in Jan. & Feb. Christmas in July sales etc...

2. Team up with other local businesses, i.e. Chamber of Commerce, coupons for other businesses if you buy so many $ worth of merchandise.

3. Stock what people want. Obvious one, stock items that are collectible, Byer's Choice Carolers, Fabriche Santa Claus, villages, and hard to find lights. Maybe select Christmas CD's and DVD's

4. Displays to draw attention, set up windows that make people notice, and change often.

5. Make it warm and cozy with Christmas music playing at all times.

There are a few of my ideas, I would like to hear feedback if you think those are some good ideas or bad ideas. I am in the very early phases and all feedback would be appreciated I want to get this right, and who is better to ask than my fellow Christmas nuts.
Thank you.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1540 Comments 5
Total Comments 5

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Sounds great ron!
  2. Old Comment
    Your ideas sound great!

How about an in-house Santa one Saturday every month year-round, in addition to Saturdays during the Christmas season?

A special Christmas in July open house with eggnog or some other seasonal treat, plus carollers?

Maybe a suggestion box for customers to suggest merchandise that they don't find.
  3. Old Comment
    [B]I LOVE your ideas !!!!!! I am so excited about this !! I hope there will be, maybe one or two Christmas polar bear items for sale ??!! I am so looking forward to this - you will be FANTASTIC as a Christmas store owner !!![/B]
  4. Old Comment
    hey I have a year round christmas shop and there is not one single day when I don`t love my little shop
  5. Old Comment
    something i`d really like is an annex to my shop with a christmas style coffee shop i have the name (the fuzzy reindeer) but not the money or the premises!!!

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award