Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > caninemom3 » Comments

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,091
Threads: 53,933
Top Poster: xmas365 (165,862)
Welcome to our newest member, JSpringth
  1. Old Comment

The Raging Storm - An Exercise In Creative Writing

Wow. Beautiful & powerful!! Very descriptive, I could picture every word. Bravo!! xo
  2. Old Comment

Holding On To My Baby

If it weren't for your love, compassion and general existence this little guy wouldn't be here for you to be talking about him in the present tense. Of course he has a soul; anything capable of feeling love has a soul and, as we know, dogs love unconditionally so, if anything, their souls must be bigger than ours. He's one lucky pup to have you for a mom xx
  3. Old Comment

Holding On To My Baby

<3 Beautiful, CM3!! <3
  4. Old Comment

My Magical Book

A similar experience here---We had the full set of World Book Encyclopedia, and when I was little, I loved to pull out any volume and just browse through it, reading about anything that looked or sounded interesting. I also had 3 or 4 of the Tell Me Why books. I learned so much just by "following my nose" through the World Book. And my mom got a kick out of telling people, "She reads the encyclopedia!" Reading good books also teaches kids correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar, just by exposing them to it. Anyway, that's how I learned them without even realizing it.

Seawaters, don't be a tease. Tell us ALL why.
  5. Old Comment

My Magical Book

That should have said, "This is pretty eerie."
  6. Old Comment

My Magical Book

This pretty eerie, and I will tell you why--tomorrow!!!
  7. Old Comment

Self Esteem

If I could bestow a gift to you, it would be this: that you could see yourself through the eyes of your MMC friends. Think of George Bailey, and remember truthfully what you have given to others in kindness, and allow yourself the same gifts of kindness.
  8. Old Comment

Self Esteem

I know this was spoken from your heart. When I saw the title "Self Esteem" on the forum home page, I IMMEDIATELY thought of you and wanted to see if a wise person had written something that would speak to your heart. I found out that a wise person did write that something. I loved the comment about your mom weighing less than 100 pounds but having 1000 pounds of attitude. I laughed out loud! We each have gifts. Respect what God has given you! I am going to share about a book I am reading right now in my next post on the Countdown. I think you will like it!
  9. Old Comment

Self Esteem

(((((HUGS)))))))
  10. Old Comment

Self Esteem

Keep your head up high and trust in God! That is the right attitude!

Great blog! (((Hugs)))
    Posted 02-02-2013 at 06:59 AM by Christmas-A-Holic Christmas-A-Holic is offline
  11. Old Comment

Merry Christmas Mom And Dad

Just getting to read some of the blog posts now that I am home recuperating. This beautiful tribute to your parents touched my heart in many ways. You are a remarkable person and your parents are proud of you beyond your imagination as you carry on without their physical presence. I dream of hugging my parents again someday- miss them so much it brings tears to my eyes at the thought of them. God bless you for sharing these deeply personal remembrances of your lovely family.
  12. Old Comment

Here Come The Demons

Thinking of you, Louann. I will keep you & your entire family (humans, canines, and felines!) in my prayers.
    I'm so glad to have found YOU, and so many other good friends here at MMC, to help keep Christmas alive year round. What a blessing you all are! Whenever you are feeling down, we are here for you. Sending lots of love, from your niece Harlowe & I. xo
  13. Old Comment

Here Come The Demons

I also forgot to add how I tend to worry about losing loved ones too. It's an awful fear that gets to me sometimes. I pray we both can cherish our loved ones without having to worry about that all the time. (((hugs)))
    Posted 12-27-2012 at 12:38 PM by Christmas-A-Holic Christmas-A-Holic is offline
  14. Old Comment

Here Come The Demons

I love hearing about you and your sister's Christmas tradition! I know it's hard to do but try to not be upset when Christmas is over but cherish the memories that were made. I have to remind myself the same thing and it usually helps combat the after Christmas blues. Come visit us here when you are feeling down.

I will pray that you have a worry free 2013! Take care and God Bless!
    Posted 12-27-2012 at 12:32 PM by Christmas-A-Holic Christmas-A-Holic is offline
  15. Old Comment

Merry Christmas Mom And Dad

That's beautiful and I guarantee you that your parents are very proud of you! You have a lot of compassion that I am sure you learned from your parents and they are praising you for it right this very minute!

I remember you mentioning how your dad looks like George C. Scott. Now every time I see that Christmas Carol movie I think of you and your dad.

Thanks for sharing the letter to your parents. God Bless you, Louanne!
    Posted 12-18-2012 at 03:33 PM by Christmas-A-Holic Christmas-A-Holic is offline
  16. Old Comment

Thoughts On A Hot Summer Evening

Giving you a big virtual hug. I struggle with self esteem issues too.
  17. Old Comment

Thoughts On A Hot Summer Evening

Oh Honey!!!

I just read this and now i'm done my crying I can type. Louann your smart funny and beautiful Inside and out. I understand more than you know about what Ya see in the mirror. I suffer from the same thing to the point when folks tell me my children are beautiful and look like me I tell them "oh no they are too beautiful to look anything like me"

you my friend are one of a kind and no matter what the line from "the help" sums you up "You is kind. You is smart. You is important!!!" Hugs and Love my dear friend I'm not the best with words but I hope you know you are LOVED!!!!
  18. Old Comment

God And The Higgs Boson

A lot of scientists, in particular physicists, believe that everything that is in the universe just "happened" out of nothing all on its own. I don't buy that. It does not make one bit of sense to me. The universe is so complex, I am disovering, it could not have just "happened" out of the blue on its own. Something, in this case a very wise someone started everything happening.

Thank you for putting my thoughts into words, CM3!
    Updated 08-05-2012 at 07:57 AM by caninemom3
  19. Old Comment

God And The Higgs Boson

I was going to research this, after you mentioned it to me the other day, to see what Higgs boson was. Very interesting but I am like you, I believe in God as our creator.

Thanks for sharing!
    Posted 07-07-2012 at 05:01 AM by Christmas-A-Holic Christmas-A-Holic is offline
  20. Old Comment

Running Away From Home

You told me about this book and it sounds like a good one. Sorry that life has been hard on you but it looks like things will improve with God in it!

God Bless You!
    Posted 06-19-2012 at 09:28 AM by Christmas-A-Holic Christmas-A-Holic is offline

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award