Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > caninemom3 » Comments

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,438
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,755)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Gift 2 The Bog Ruby...
By Meceka
08-20-2011 10:33 AM
Last post by ibelieveinchristmas
10-11-2011 10:05 AM
1 Posts
Time-Saving Thanksgiving...
By MMC Editor
11-20-2011 01:57 PM
74,319 Views  0 Posts
Top Ten Ways Santa Knows...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 03:55 PM
46,162 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Tree Sorting Out the Truth of...
By MMC Editor
11-09-2011 01:26 PM
57,374 Views  0 Posts
Jingle Bell
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 08:57 PM
46,337 Views  0 Posts
  1. Old Comment

An Unwelcome Anniversary

So sorry to hear of your loss.
    Posted 07-30-2010 at 07:04 AM by Christmas-A-Holic Christmas-A-Holic is online now
  2. Old Comment

A Miraculous Day

Thank you for your blog. You always touch my heart!
    Posted 07-28-2010 at 07:06 PM by ChristmasHeart ChristmasHeart is offline
  3. Old Comment

A Miraculous Day

Never underestimate the capacity of the human heart to love. It will surprise you every time.

Keeping you and yours in my prayers.

Hugs,
    jimmyolsen
  4. Old Comment

A Miraculous Day

I am so glad every thing went well. I hope all this helps you trust again. It's hard to when you have been hurt so bad. Furry companions, I agree, are the most dependable offering unconditional love. =)
    Posted 07-27-2010 at 07:10 PM by Christmas-A-Holic Christmas-A-Holic is online now
  5. Old Comment

Furchildren, Polar Bears And Christmas In July

I know how it feels to be picked on as a child, after my parents divorced 25 years ago, we moved to South Hadley (the town where Phoebe Prince took her life due to bullying back in January) and even back then the kids were ruthless to me and I was only in 5th grade. I was picked on because I am Irish, my mother could only afford to shop at Kmart for back to school clothes, I lived in an apartment and so on. It didn't get any easier for me as we moved to 5 different towns in the next 6 years, I was perpetually the "new kid" never making friends and easily picked on. I feel I am stronger because of it, but the bad thing is I am very anxious around new people, and extremely shy in person. You have been given a great gift to forgive people for hurting you, while I struggle with forgiving people who have hurt me or my loved ones. You are a great person and a friend who really cares about things around you. I always look forward to reading your posts and blogs.

Ron
  6. Old Comment

Obssession And Hunger Of A Food Addict

For the past year, I have been going to school and I have recently become a certified Professional Hypnotist. I'm now taking the next step and am getting my certification in Hypno-Therapy.

I have seen this behavior many times. If I may, I'd like to try and explain what's happening.

Basically, your mind is made up of two parts: the conscious and subconscious mind.

One of the functions of the conscious mind is the setting of goals. "I WILL lose weight. I WILL stop binge eating. I WILL pat cats from head to tail and not the other way around."

Your subconscious mind is where you store your beliefs and perceptions (plus so much more). "I believe eating food when I'm depressed makes me feel better. I believe cats like being pet the wrong way. Etc..."

Your subconscious mind doesn't judge whether these beliefs are right or wrong. It simply takes what it's given and acts upon it. And it does it with the power of the universe, so to speak. When we "put our minds" to something, we're talking about this part of the mind.

Whenever the two parts of the mind disagree (causing psychological disagreement), the subconscious mind ALWAYS wins. No exceptions. So you can consciously say you'll stop binge eating but there's something in your subconscious that believes that binging serves you in some way.

The good news is that through hypnosis, you can change that belief just as easy as changing a file name on a computer. It doesn't matter that you've had this issue for 30 years. Within three hypnosis sessions, your problem could just...disappear...forever!

I'd like to suggest looking up an ethical hypno-therapist in your area. And if you like, I'd be happy to answer any questions or concerns you may have regarding hypnosis beforehand. I've performed hypnosis with many people and have undergone it even more. It's safe. It's effective. And it's the most relaxing experience ever!

Please, feel free to Private Message me if you'd like to talk more. I'm only too happy to help! And that goes for anyone else here on My Merry Christmas.

Whatever you decide, good luck with everything! Things will work out. I promise!
    Posted 07-20-2010 at 01:31 PM by LightningFlashJack LightningFlashJack is offline
  7. Old Comment

Obssession And Hunger Of A Food Addict

I will tell you this, my friend...God doesn't make mistakes. You gotta remember, you're always gonna be a better you, than anyone else! (I've taken that from a song by Carolyn Dawn Johnson, entitled "God Doesn't Make Mistakes"). You are His daughter and He made you beautiful on the inside and out! You've got the right idea...hold onto God's hand - and remember that He does not make mistakes!
    Posted 07-17-2010 at 05:29 PM by ChristmasHeart ChristmasHeart is offline
  8. Old Comment

Ponderings About Life, Christmas And Beyond..

This was a great post (xmas365 is right)! We all ask "why" and we all worry about things...but we are human. I do try to keep in mind, "Trust the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding (do not try to figure it all out!). In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your path." Sometimes (well...okay...more times than I care to admit) I forget about this...and I still try to figure things out. What I also try to live one day at a time - otherwise, it is just too exhausting for me and the burden is too heavy. "So don't be anxious about tomorrow. God will take care of your tomorrow too. Live one day at a time." Matthew 6:34. I know, I know...easier said than done. I'll be the first to say that! We can only do our very best, treat others with love and respect - and nobody can ask for more than that!

And that, my friend...is your sermon for the day (tee-hee-hee)!
    Posted 07-17-2010 at 04:29 AM by ChristmasHeart ChristmasHeart is offline
  9. Old Comment

Christmas Magic And MMC

Awww thank you!!! You are def not alone ..not around here anyway. Not as long as there are others like us.
  10. Old Comment

Ponderings About Life, Christmas And Beyond..

Great post! Those seem to be the questions all of us ask about life, and what makes the mysteries of our existence. The "Why" question is what has haunted me since my mother's passing, Why let a woman pass who has 2 young children? Where are we going to live? etc... That is one of the reasons I am unfortunately not a religious person.
    My wife and I believe if we are good people and and treat everyone with respect, we will have done our jobs and will end up in a good place.
  11. Old Comment

Christmas Magic And MMC

caninemom3,

There are no more eloquent words than those that come from the heart. What you've written, came from the heart.

Beautiful post. Thanks so much for sharing it. And thank you for what you bring to mmc. You and folks like you are precisely why this place is a little bit of magic, 24/7/365.

Best Wishes,
    jimmyolsen
  12. Old Comment

A Letter To Susy

Oh my, Caninemom3! How do I post a "reputation" on this one (over and over again)! Your "letter" touched my heart. It sounds as though you had an AMAZING Mom...and I'm so sorry she is no longer with you - but I can see you hold her in your heart!

Thank you for sharing this with all of us. You have had quite a life and a lot of triumphs! Keep going' girl!

Oh...and I think your mom was right...the other kids were only jealous - because what I can see...you are a remarkable and beautiful woman!
    Posted 07-10-2010 at 01:24 PM by ChristmasHeart ChristmasHeart is offline
  13. Old Comment

Reflections Of A Special Birthday

My heart goes out to you!
    Posted 07-10-2010 at 09:26 AM by ChristmasHeart ChristmasHeart is offline
  14. Old Comment
  15. Old Comment

Warm Fuzzies And Gratefulness

Thanks for reminding me of the more simple things.
  16. Old Comment

Musings Of An Insomniac

I know how it feels to not be able to sleep, a few months ago I was waking up several times a night, with my mind racing it would take me 30-60 minutes to fall back to sleep. My Dr. prescibed me the anti anxiety meds, a very low dose and I have been sleeping nearly every night since. I hope you can sleep well soon.

Ron
  17. Old Comment

Christmas And Getting Older

God Bless you..that was beautiful!
  18. Old Comment

Christmas And Getting Older

It is amazing how powerful the feeling of Christmas truly is, how it mends relationships with family, it helps heal when you are in pain, the general feeling in the air is something so special. It has always been the main event in my family. Thank you for sharing your thoughts, it is very interesting.

Year Round Christmas Radio -- Listen now!

Listen to Kringle Radio via...

Winamp
Windows Media

Click to listen now!

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award