Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > caninemom3 » Comments

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,086
Threads: 53,912
Top Poster: xmas365 (164,784)
Welcome to our newest member, CharlieTheElf
  1. Old Comment

A Potpourri Of Events

Your welcome, CM3

You are a great person Louann, and I am lucky to have "met' you through this great site.
  2. Old Comment

Someone To Watch Over Me

Great blog Louanne! Animals are very very smart indeed! I remember one time when I was taking strong pain medication from surgery pookie did the same thing to me...turns out I was gasping for air in my sleep(that is how most ppl die from pain meds,they simply dooze off and stop breathing) it scared me but pookie knew something was wrong! Thank God clancy was there to save you today...up until then it sounded like your morning was very peaceful though! I hope you stay well,we need you around here! so take care of yourself!!xoxo
    Updated 10-17-2011 at 01:47 PM by gabulldawg (error)
  3. Old Comment

Someone To Watch Over Me

hi there i think me and you are the same person. in ways lol i beleive that to, that god sent animals for a reason. its lovely just sitting sometimes with them in the quiet like you were. when my dog sady died that i had for 13 years it near killed me but i swear to this day that he was with me for about 3 weeks after it. then one day a dove was in the garden making funny noises , i went out thinking it was hurt (it was,nt) and i give it some bread and it sat and eat the bread and looked at me for about a minute then it turned and flew away. when i came back into the house . i could not feel that sandy was not here any more , i beleive that the dove was maybe sandy in a way saying goodbye . i have lost somethings in my life but have never felt anything like it befour my best friend died at 28 and yes it hurt like hell. but not as bad as my dog sometimes i feel guily about it. somtimes i think dogs can sense things are wrong even befour we know. thank god you had your wee clancey to protect you and glad you were able to sort yourself out quick stay safe friend
  4. Old Comment

Someone To Watch Over Me

elf, thank God for clancy! you are so right the bond i have w/ my own animals is a deep & strong one. i'm so glad to hear the asthma attack subsided. beautiful read. thank you
    Posted 10-16-2011 at 07:10 AM by merrymistletoe merrymistletoe is offline
  5. Old Comment

Autumn Memories

Love these memories -what a gift to cherish!
  6. Old Comment

"Of All The Charlie Browns In The World....."

Louann, my thoughts are with you. You have to do what's best for you. I know it is hard to make tough decisions, but if it can improve your life you need to think long and hard about it to get to that decision.
  7. Old Comment

The Smell Of Rain

Thank you for sharing this beautiful story.
  8. Old Comment

In Honor of 911

What touching tribute! and so true..9/11 did affect everyone and to this day I still can't believe it happened. Thanks for posting this!
  9. Old Comment

Life's Message

Wow, I need to tell you that your blog brought tears to my eyes. It hit home in so many ways. Sometimes it feels better just knowing others feel the same way or are going through the same things as you. Thank you for your deep and powerful blog.
  10. Old Comment

A Hot Summer Day

CM3,

This is lovely tribute to your brother. I'm sure he's watching over you still, and that he's quite proud of the person his little sister has become.
  11. Old Comment

Terrorism And Tolerance

Words cannot express how powerful this blog really is.
  12. Old Comment

The End of The Magic

What part of Oh are you from? I'm in Ashtabula co.
  13. Old Comment

A Hot Summer Day

Oh CM3 it is beautiful and touching. I am sorry for your loss, I too know that time lessens the pain but it never really goes away. Peace and love.
  14. Old Comment

The End of The Magic

Oh, I am sorry CM3, and I can understand why you are feeling this way, but like the other's said you are not alone, and we may not be right by you but we are with you. Also, I agree with MerryCarey, even though your BIL is coming around and all reports are good, she might just be feeling the stress and can't enjoy the things she use too, maybe next year will be different, you just keep up your end she may come around. Just knowing you are there and she can lean on you is probably making a world of difference you just might not know it.
  15. Old Comment

The End of The Magic

Don't write her off yet, CM3---it could just be recent circumstances. When things are going against you, even things that you usually enjoy lose their charm. Don't push her now, but try again next year. When she has less to worry her, you may find that she's still a Christmas nut. In the meantime, even though we can't go to Hallmark with you, we're with you in spirit in all your Christmas endeavors and pleasures.
  16. Old Comment

The End of The Magic

Awww - I'm sorry, CM3. Kizzy is right, you are not alone as you are part of the Christmas Family here - a key part, I might add! I'm sure your sister will come around eventually!!

Big hugs to you XXX
  17. Old Comment

The End of The Magic

Oh no
    Please do not feel alone, we are all here as one big Christmas Family. we come here to be together we are like the Glee club of Christmas.
    "I wish, truly wish, there were someone on this Earth who would be my Christmas buddy, someone who gets that childlike spark in July and who finds it hard to wait for Christmas Eve."
    Your sister will soon realise what she has missed and you know that deep down she will seriously regret it.
    We are all your Christmas buddies xxx
  18. Old Comment

Life's Message

I believe Jeff has so eloquently said what I feel in my heart. I know we all question the why, and I do believe God cries for us but out of love, for love is the reason of the tears - because as with all parents your children do things that hurt them or sometimes even you and crying helps relieve the pain. God feels pain for this I am sure, but there have been times when I need God and I was not alone, God was there I felt the support and the love, and someone who helped me find my way. There has also been times when I did not feel God when I thought for sure that I would, now I believe God was there but in the background as God knew I needed to do this without direct help. Sometimes this world is cruel and I get saddened by it, but this also makes the good fight harder to right the wrongs and heal the wounded. I am not sure if this helps you but there are two songs I love one is called I can only imagine and the other is When I get where I'm going... Well you bet I can only imagine and when I do get there I am sure it won't be as unfamiliar as I sometimes hear it spoken about.
  19. Old Comment

I Stink !! Or The Grass Is A Color Not Green

Absolutely! Your too wonderful for such nonsense!
    Posted 06-26-2011 at 10:50 AM by MichelleluvsChristmas MichelleluvsChristmas is offline
  20. Old Comment

Life's Message

These probing questions are the essence of our existence and our divine nature, Caninemom3. I don't know anyone who hasn't asked or asks these very same questions.

I think we all come to our own conclusions. All of our experiences are different and they lead us down different paths. But for me, it is the sum of those experiences that teaches me this:

If God made us in His image then he must know and understand this mortal experience we're having. Perhaps he even passed through such Himself. We are taught that the Glory of God is intelligence -- or, light and truth.

If that is indeed true then as we can in intelligence -- light, truth, knowledge, experience -- we must be meeting the grand purposes then of God.

Indeed, scripture tells us: "This is my work and my glory, to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man."

Eternal life is something folks are attracted to but I feel few can really define what that means.

I recall some missionaries coming to my door many years ago with a pamphlet that said something to the effect of "God wants you to live forever" and it showed a picture of a family having a picnic in a park. I asked them what the picture represented and they said that we could be together forever as a family.

But when I probed further and asked if this is what eternal life is they were stumped. After all, I can have a picnic in the park now with my family. Is that all there is to eternal life? Picnics without end?

I think not. Not coming from the Great I Am, who describes His work as worlds without end.

Evolution is a scary word to a lot of people but I'm a big believer in intellectual evolution and I don't believe God intends us to ever stand still. He promises us eternal life because we have the capacity for eternal life.

He knows us. He knows that which we are capable of.

You need only look at the progress of a human being in the first few years of life to know that we learn, develop, adapt and evolve very quickly. Intelligence grows and is living.

To learn and grow in intelligence we can't just sit in a class and hear a lecture and though we have scripture we can't just read about life either. We have to live it.

And that means enduring all that comes with it -- the contrasting elements of pain and joy, sorrow and happiness, hot and cold, winter and summer, accident and consequence.

All these things give us experience and cause us to grow in intelligence, or light and truth. All of it, even the bad if we learn from it, gives Glory to God.

Why are we here? Well, intelligence in just one part of the equation, my friend.

What we do with that intelligence and the choices we make are quite another. And that, I think, reveals more about our character in relation to God than anything else...the application of intelligence.

For all the experience the world has I sometimes question if collectively we're learning anything. If we, as a whole, are making better choices.

I guess that is up to God to judge. The rest of it is just taking inventory of our own existence, our own experience and fulfilling as best we can the full measure of our creation.

I don't believe God wants us to be unhappy or to experience bad things. That's why he gave us commandments. That's parental wisdom.

I have teenagers and I can tell you I understand better now the fierce opposition a child gives to a loving parent who imposes limits and commands out of protection and love only to be ignored and then absolutely devastated when natural laws of consequence take effect.

I believe God weeps for us. I believe he is aware of our faults, our tears, our trials. And I believe he designed us to grow from them, as much as they hurt.

The promise of heaven or a hereafter too often, as so many things of this world, focus on the reward, the physical.

I believe heaven not to be an end-game but rather the next level in our spiritual experience, growth and development.

Does that mean more pain and suffering?

I don't know. But I believe when that time comes we'll be given greater explanation, definition and urgency in the development and evolution of our spiritual selves.

And I believe we will be happy.

That is, ultimately, what God wants.

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award