Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,431
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,553)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Seeing Christmas...
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:16 PM
49,939 Views  0 Posts
Santa Speaks 2006
By MMC Editor
06-11-2006 11:11 PM
45,128 Views  0 Posts
The Mythical Beginnings...
By MMC Editor
07-17-2011 12:19 PM
0 Posts
Gift 2 Yes, Virginia -- There...
By MMC Editor
05-30-2002 01:39 PM
0 Posts
22 16x16 Hot Cocoa or Hot...
By Meceka
10-09-2011 10:58 PM
Last post by Riccardo Vasquez
04-04-2014 01:38 AM
3 Posts
My name is Ron, I am a Christmas nut always have been always will be. I am first and foremost a stay at home dad that has an evening job at a retail/grocery establishment. After my second son was born I stepped down from my management position, so my wife and I don't have to pay for daycare. My wife is a teacher in the town we live, so people recognize us everywhere in our little town.
My wife and I have been married for 9 years. We have 2 boys aged 6 and 3, both are young Christmas nuts.

I have loved Christmas as long as I remember
from seeing the lights on all the houses, to seeing if I could stay awake to see Santa.
Christmas has been the one constant in my life it has always been there for me, through the rough times of my parents divorce when I was 10 y/o or my mother's passing when I was 16.
Everyone always tried to make it something special for myself and sister when we were young no matter what was going on. I now believe that is why I love this time of year more than any other because of the efforts of my family to hold it above any other time of year. I get to make the season special for my boys now, whether it be by playing the music decorating the house and yard or just playing the dvd's. The memories the season has brought have always warm and it is no wonder why I look forward to making more of these memories every year. My favorite Christmas movie is A Christmas Story my favorite Christmas song is O Holy Night. My favorite Christmas artist is Bing Crosby.
Well if I ran on a little bit I am sorry I am new to blogging, it sounds always better in your mind.
I will try to keep posting and making it interesting for all who read.
  1. Old Comment

I Am Not Afraid

Great point. It's sad like you said just 30 years ago we had no idea about terrorism...it ****es me off that I have to raise my kids in this new invironment. But yeah I agree with this completely!
  2. Old Comment

"You found your tail..."

Beautiful, Ron! {{{HUGS}}}
  3. Old Comment

"You found your tail..."

This is beautifully written, Ron. Very heartfelt.
    I know how much she treasured your friendship.
    Louann had such a heart of gold, and she will be deeply missed by all.
  4. Old Comment

"You found your tail..."

Beautifully said, Ron. I can't get over missing her.
  5. Old Comment

"You found your tail..."

Very well said. We will all miss her!

Take care, Ron
    Posted 04-10-2013 at 10:25 AM by Christmas-A-Holic Christmas-A-Holic is offline
  6. Old Comment

400+ Days Of Christmas Songs

Thanks, Ron, for all your efforts. It is definitely fun checking in each day!
  7. Old Comment

Put Up Your Dukes, Post-Christmas Blues.

the post christmas blues is hard....but since I hd my daughter in 2006 it is less hard on me...because I am always pretty busy with her...this year our tree will be standing at least one more week...since we were at my mom´s place over christmas and hardly saw our tree......I loved this blog...
  8. Old Comment

Black Friday Is Ruining Thanksgiving

I couldn't agree with you more and its just getting worse every year.
  9. Old Comment

How Far Is Too Far?

[B][I]Thank you for your blog, Ron. You already know how I feel about this kind of stuff. Kudos to you for blasting Dunkin Donuts. I would have done the same thing myself !! xo[/I][/B]
  10. Old Comment

How Far Is Too Far?

That crosses the line from political opinion to being deliberately inflammatory.
  11. Old Comment

How Far Is Too Far?

I agree with you. It is completely inappropriate to depict any president in that light. To me, it does little to support whatever point of view they are espousing.

Unfortunately, there might not be much Dunkin Donuts can do about it. I know in most of my businesses a public sidewalk in front of an establishment is just that -- public. Depends on the set up. A big store like Target can avoid protesters in front of their doors because their private property extends to the public road. But a little place like Dunkin Donuts likely doesn't have that kind of space.
  12. Old Comment

Christmas Field Trips 2012 (Rough Draft)

Visit Russell's Garden Center in Wayland sometime between about Halloween and Christmas. I spent two hours there last Saturday after Thanksgiving wandering around looking at the Christmas items. It sounds like the way you describe Graziano Gardens---lawn and garden during the warm months, Christmas in the fall and winter.
  13. Old Comment

To Be Yourself Is Beautiful...

Thank you all for the kind words!!!
  14. Old Comment

You are a lovely, sweet, kind, witty, caring young man and I am proud to call you my "little brother" and friend. You should ALWAYS be yourself. The world needs people like you and is such a much better place when you are being you xoxo
  15. Old Comment

Good for you! As Shakespeare said, "To thine own self be true." It can be a hard row to hoe to stay true to oneself, but the rewards can be tremendous.
  16. Old Comment

this is great news. so proud of you!!!
    Posted 05-11-2012 at 04:13 AM by merrymistletoe merrymistletoe is offline
  17. Old Comment

Battling Shyness & Anxiety Through My Eyes

Ron I can relate to alot of this....I know what you mean and I have struggled over the years with the same issues. Just by knowing you here I would never have guessed you were shy and have had the same struggles as me...but alot of people tell me the same thing...If you ever want to talk about this stuff I am here to lend an ear!
  18. Old Comment

i love every post you have. i think you're a very considerate & kind person in your posts. by the way #1, #2, & #4 are issues i deal w/ too.
    Posted 01-29-2012 at 05:18 PM by merrymistletoe merrymistletoe is offline
  19. Old Comment

37 is the new 25

good for you xmas, i wish you all the luck in the world.
    Posted 01-29-2012 at 05:15 PM by merrymistletoe merrymistletoe is offline
  20. Old Comment

I am so sorry you go through this all the time.

I can say one thing is that I never EVER recall anything you posted on here to be out of line. You are always a really nice guy!

I hope you can one day get over the anxiety and shyness!
    Posted 01-16-2012 at 02:42 PM by Christmas-A-Holic Christmas-A-Holic is offline

Year Round Christmas Radio -- Listen now!

Listen to Kringle Radio via...

Winamp
Windows Media

Click to listen now!

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award