Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,977
Threads: 53,464
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,864)
Welcome to our newest member, SnowflakeMom
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Wreaths: Eternity's...
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:28 PM
50,537 Views  0 Posts
Bells All About Stuffing
By MMC Editor
11-19-2011 10:49 PM
42,075 Views  0 Posts
How does Santa get down...
By MMC Editor
06-11-2002 04:56 PM
63,162 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Tree Ten Tips for the...
By MMC Editor
11-01-2012 12:35 AM
Last post by Jeff Westover
11-04-2012 05:01 PM
75,131 Views  2 Posts
The Polar Express (Movie...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:00 PM
44,097 Views  0 Posts
My name is Ron, I am a Christmas nut always have been always will be. I am first and foremost a stay at home dad that has an evening job at a retail/grocery establishment. After my second son was born I stepped down from my management position, so my wife and I don't have to pay for daycare. My wife is a teacher in the town we live, so people recognize us everywhere in our little town.
My wife and I have been married for 9 years. We have 2 boys aged 6 and 3, both are young Christmas nuts.

I have loved Christmas as long as I remember
from seeing the lights on all the houses, to seeing if I could stay awake to see Santa.
Christmas has been the one constant in my life it has always been there for me, through the rough times of my parents divorce when I was 10 y/o or my mother's passing when I was 16.
Everyone always tried to make it something special for myself and sister when we were young no matter what was going on. I now believe that is why I love this time of year more than any other because of the efforts of my family to hold it above any other time of year. I get to make the season special for my boys now, whether it be by playing the music decorating the house and yard or just playing the dvd's. The memories the season has brought have always warm and it is no wonder why I look forward to making more of these memories every year. My favorite Christmas movie is A Christmas Story my favorite Christmas song is O Holy Night. My favorite Christmas artist is Bing Crosby.
Well if I ran on a little bit I am sorry I am new to blogging, it sounds always better in your mind.
I will try to keep posting and making it interesting for all who read.
  1. Old Comment

A Holiday Downsizing

I know just how you feel, Ron. Last year I had to cut out my best friends of over 40 years and their family because the funds just were not there. They are like family but since it is no longer just my friends, but now includes my two goddaughters (their daughters) a son-in-law and two grandchildren, there was just no way nor is there going to be this year to include all those people.

Merry is right. The Christmas Spirit DOES indeed live at your home.

Blessings, my dear Christmas friend xo
  2. Old Comment

A Holiday Downsizing

Regardless of the length of your shopping list, I know Christmas will be special for you and yours. The Christmas spirit lives at your home year round.
  3. Old Comment

Santa Claus & Me

Nice. Well said!
  4. Old Comment

Fall-ing Through Summer

Great blog post, Xmas!
  5. Old Comment

I Will Never Forget

Ron,
    God bless you and your family. I was there my husband worked in the towers but was a lucky one who was across town when they hit, we lost so many friends and co-workers, I can't tell you the pain is still real and I guess I now really understand what it means to feel the world come together in love even though it took a horrible act to do it. Thank you, L
  6. Old Comment

Tornado Nightmare

I just read this today - and I cannot even immagine what that must have been like for you and your family....although you've helped me somewhat understand through your words. You brought tears to m eyes, Ron. I am so sorry this happened in your town - and on the same note I am so grateful that you and your family are okay!!! God bless you!!!
    Posted 08-02-2011 at 03:26 PM by ChristmasHeart ChristmasHeart is offline
  7. Old Comment

Emotional Debris

Ron, I cannot imagine the pain all this has caused you and your family as well as your community. I am sure in some cases there may be PTSD - posttraumatic stress disorder. I hope can return to normal as quickly as possible for all of you and I pray that you and yours will be kept safe and that you will heal soon. Peace.....xo
  8. Old Comment

Tornado Nightmare

god bless you and your family xxx
  9. Old Comment

Tornado Nightmare

Do keep us posted. It is gripping to read your experience, your reactions and raw emotions. I so appreciate your candor. There is much to be learned from what you have gone through. All the best to you, your family and your neighbors.
  10. Old Comment

Tornado Nightmare

Ron as caninemom says - I really cant imagine what you, your family and town as a whole have gone through and the amount of strength it will take to get things back up and running again. But we are here for you and you have been in our thoughts over the past few days. I really wish I could do more to help - please let us know if there is anything at all.
  11. Old Comment

Tornado Nightmare

Ron, I am sure the nightmare of what you and your family are going through and have come through will never leave you. I am so glad as are all your Christmas family that you and yours are okay. We are here for you if you need us. You will be in our hearts and our thoughts. xo
  12. Old Comment

Lost Treasure in the Woods

That would be a wonderful find and imagine the excitement if you did find it and had the opportunity to re invent it
  13. Old Comment

Christmas in May?

I think daily how lucky I am to have stumbled upon these forums I think about Christmas EVERYDAY and I too map my year out racing from one holiday to the next until Christmas is upon the horizon then I want time to run in slow motion so I can savour every second, Starting in May even better
  14. Old Comment

Life Gets in the Way of a Blog

Life doesn't get in the way of blogging---life is what blogs are made of. Let life come first, then let the blog posts follow when you feel moved to write about something. (And yes, MMC is part of life!) No need to feel guilty about not keeping a schedule. Keep on blogging whenever---we'll be here to read when you post!
  15. Old Comment

[B]Big ((((((HUGS))))))) To My Dear Christmas Friend, Xmas365 who actually was one of my mentors about blogging. Because you started your blog, I got the courage to start one too. My blog is just so much blah stuff but you did give me the courage to start !!! So glad you are my Christmas friend and come to think of it, I think you are my BEST Christmas friend here. I look forward to your next blog as your thoughts are always interesting !! xo[/B]
  16. Old Comment

Great reading your blogs Ron! BTW I will be a stay at home dad in 2 years when I retire!!! hope you stay around until then..I may have some questions!
  17. Old Comment

Christmas Store Ideas Volume 1

something i`d really like is an annex to my shop with a christmas style coffee shop i have the name (the fuzzy reindeer) but not the money or the premises!!!
  18. Old Comment

hey I have a year round christmas shop and there is not one single day when I don`t love my little shop
  19. Old Comment

[B]I LOVE your ideas !!!!!! I am so excited about this !! I hope there will be, maybe one or two Christmas polar bear items for sale ??!! I am so looking forward to this - you will be FANTASTIC as a Christmas store owner !!![/B]
  20. Old Comment

Your ideas sound great!

How about an in-house Santa one Saturday every month year-round, in addition to Saturdays during the Christmas season?

A special Christmas in July open house with eggnog or some other seasonal treat, plus carollers?

Maybe a suggestion box for customers to suggest merchandise that they don't find.

Year Round Christmas Radio -- Listen now!

Listen to Kringle Radio via...

Winamp
Windows Media

Click to listen now!

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award