Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,088
Threads: 53,916
Top Poster: xmas365 (165,660)
Welcome to our newest member, MGunderso
My name is Ron, I am a Christmas nut always have been always will be. I am first and foremost a stay at home dad that has an evening job at a retail/grocery establishment. After my second son was born I stepped down from my management position, so my wife and I don't have to pay for daycare. My wife is a teacher in the town we live, so people recognize us everywhere in our little town.
My wife and I have been married for 9 years. We have 2 boys aged 6 and 3, both are young Christmas nuts.

I have loved Christmas as long as I remember
from seeing the lights on all the houses, to seeing if I could stay awake to see Santa.
Christmas has been the one constant in my life it has always been there for me, through the rough times of my parents divorce when I was 10 y/o or my mother's passing when I was 16.
Everyone always tried to make it something special for myself and sister when we were young no matter what was going on. I now believe that is why I love this time of year more than any other because of the efforts of my family to hold it above any other time of year. I get to make the season special for my boys now, whether it be by playing the music decorating the house and yard or just playing the dvd's. The memories the season has brought have always warm and it is no wonder why I look forward to making more of these memories every year. My favorite Christmas movie is A Christmas Story my favorite Christmas song is O Holy Night. My favorite Christmas artist is Bing Crosby.
Well if I ran on a little bit I am sorry I am new to blogging, it sounds always better in your mind.
I will try to keep posting and making it interesting for all who read.
  1. Old Comment

The Red Jacket

[B]Awwwwwww....Ron you are such a lovely person. You and your "red jacket" are indeed gifts to each and every member of this Christmas family and we are fortunate to have you just as your regular family are. Blessings to you always xo[/B]
  2. Old Comment

Year Round Christmas Spirit

Very nice! I feel like you wrote this for me and how I feel!

I have always felt alone, as well, for my love of Christmas. I have never been around anyone rude about it, they just don't feel it like I do. When I met my husband, I finally found someone to share the love of Christmas with. I think about it more year round than he does but he likes it! He always takes a week off in December just so we can go all out and do Christmas stuff. This site has been the most awesome forums I ever joined! I am not alone!

I know many people remind us that Christmas is not over on the 26th but it still doesn't help how I feel. We are suppose to celebrate the 12 days of Christmas but it's not as much fun when the Christmas tv shows stop, a lot of people turn off the lights, music stops, you don't see Santa in the mall, everyone says they are so glad it's over, Christmas decorations are all junked up in a pile at the stores with "clearance" marked on them and more reminders it's over. The whole world shuts it down and you can't help the down feeling you get on the 26th. I still try to keep the 12 days of Christmas in my heart but there is still a slight let down. Then the fun starts when July rolls around and Christmas gets recognized again!

I am glad I found this site and I am glad you are a part of this site as well!
    Posted 08-04-2010 at 08:58 PM by Christmas-A-Holic Christmas-A-Holic is online now
  3. Old Comment

Wonderfully put, xmas - and I "second" the comments of CM! Isn't it GREAT to know we are not alone in the most wonderful and joyous feeling we have about Christmas - and that we carry Christmas love and happiness in our hearts all year long! I, too, didn't think there were many "out there" that felt the same way I do - but now I know I am not because of this forum...and ITS EXCITING!!! Never mind about all those who "poo-poo" the signs of Christmas coming. I say that we are the happiest people EVER because we are Christmas people and get excited about all those things!!! Thank you for your blog, xmas!
    Posted 08-04-2010 at 05:49 PM by ChristmasHeart ChristmasHeart is offline
  4. Old Comment

[B]Ron Thank You !! So well spoken. We are all "birds of a feather, indeed !! Yes, we are brothers and sisters of the Christmas spirit and I am proud to know you and all on this wonderful site and even though it is just August, may I say - MERRY CHRISTmas !!!!!! [/B]
  5. Old Comment

August 3

[B]Ron, what a very wonderful blog and what precious memories. How romantic !! I wish I would have had somone willing to go on knee for me !! Your wife is so lucky. How odd that August 3 had those 3 events for you !! and yes, take it from one many years older than you, 365 days are a very short span of time and getting shorter. Thank you for sharing. [/B]
  6. Old Comment

August 3

What a lovely and happy blog! Thank you for sharing what August 3rd means to you!
    Posted 08-02-2010 at 04:45 AM by ChristmasHeart ChristmasHeart is offline
  7. Old Comment

Dog Day Doldrums

Thank you for your wonderful post! Just reading it...I felt warmth in my heart - and it allowed me to imagine and feel the excitement of what is to come!

Although I am not big on Halloween (even as a child) - we have our Canadian Thanksgiving October 11th. That's when my Nativity Scene goes up and we have a big family feast at our house! The excitement of Christmas being right around the corner is sooooo GREAT by then!

I just loved your blog. It gave me a good "pick-me-up" tonight...for which I thank you!
    Posted 07-30-2010 at 08:53 PM by ChristmasHeart ChristmasHeart is offline
  8. Old Comment

Dog Day Doldrums

[B]Absolutely wonderful post and so true !! I call the season between Halloween and Christmas "Christween", something that my first husband, David, and I used to celebrate. Indeed, when I put my Halloween decorations on the mantle, I know it is not long until my Santa Claus collection will replace them. Autumn IS the beginning of the magic truly !![/B]
  9. Old Comment

Career Goals?

I know the feeling! Please remember you have accomplished something big in life, raising a family! It's a rewarding experience with many years ahead of hard work.

If it makes you feel any better, it's never too late to go back to college. My son just started college yesterday and in one of his classes there is a couple in their 70's! I guess I am not too old go to college either and should look into something. I never been but my daughter did graduate and my son is there now.

Continue being happy with life! I remind myself that all the time.
    Posted 07-27-2010 at 09:31 AM by Christmas-A-Holic Christmas-A-Holic is online now
  10. Old Comment

Career Goals?

[B]Ron, I agree with Jeff. I can see you excel at whatever you choose. Life is short. I know you know that. Use your life doing what you TRULY want to do. You are a great motivator as well as a great Christmas friend. Any of your gifts you chooes to share with the rest of us and the world can only make things better. Take care. [/B]
  11. Old Comment

Career Goals?

I feel your pain, Ron. I've bounced around in unfulfilling jobs for years. I've got maybe a decade on you but I can share this from my experience. Find something you love and go for it.

For me, it's Christmas. Right here, this website.

Once upon a time I was pursuing a career in journalism. Thank goodness that didn't pan out. I cannot imagine a more dead career path than journalism with all that has gone on with writing careers since then.

But where one door closes another one opens. And for me, I get that fulfillment not from my job but what we do here on MMC.

Do what you love.
  12. Old Comment

Frustration Runs Through It

I can "hear" the love that you have for your wife by the way you write about her in your blogs. Having love for, and from family is such a blessing and I find that when times are tough - and things feel like they are falling apart around me...I think about the thing I am most grateful for (that money cannot buy)...and that is family. I get the feeling that you do the same.

I think it is absolutely okay for you to write about your feelings about not getting that promotion. Yes...you are happy for your friend who got it - but it is also very okay to feel sad and disappointed that you did not. In your shoes, I would too.

I know what it is like to get excited about something - and be certain that it will happen...only to find that the end result isn't as I thought (or hoped) it would be. We must not lose hope, Xmas (and I am saying that to myself as much as I am saying it to you)! I said it earlier this morning in a post...I think there are much greater things in store for you! BELIEVE!

I would enjoy reading some of your poems! Please post some!

In the meanwhile - be well...keeping smiling...keep that great attitude that you've got...and keep that Christmas spirit flowing!
    Posted 07-22-2010 at 08:28 PM by ChristmasHeart ChristmasHeart is offline
  13. Old Comment

Frustration Runs Through It

[B]Ron, what a great blog post !! I am sorry you didn't get your promotion. I would have given it to you in a split second !! You ARE WORTH IT. I know how you feel about the money. I get paid PER LINE that I type not an hourly wage and have not had a raise in 2 years. I get 0.875 center per line. I do not have to work in a freezer, however. I hope things will work out for you. Your wife sounds AMAZING. She is so beautiful. I think it is wonderful you wrote poems for her, that is SO ROMANTIC !! Take care and remember, as my mother Susy used to say, when one door closes another one opens !! I hope that will be true for you. Blessings. [/B]
  14. Old Comment

Love at First Sight and Other Strange Occurrences

I have to say that I enjoyed reading your blog! You have so many blessings in your life with your wife and children! Keep blogging!
    Posted 07-17-2010 at 04:40 AM by ChristmasHeart ChristmasHeart is offline
  15. Old Comment

13 is a lucky # for our family ... my Brother and I were both born on the 13th (October 13th for me and July 13th for my Brother)..the house I grew up in and my parents still own was lot 13. I love reading your blogs, you have very inspirational thoughts!
  16. Old Comment

What a great post, Ron. It is amazing how "odd" or "weird" things seem to comes to us with information. I am so sorry about your mother but I am glad your son is okay and your wife sounds just wonderful. I have "visions" or "deja-vu" like you have had also. The day my first husband died I had a "vision" of him laying in the back room in a pool of blood. I am glad everything is okay with you and I hope it continues to be. Take care.
  17. Old Comment

From Thomas to Transformers...Why do they grow up so fast?

You are great at writing blogs! Very touching. Whenever I get overwhelmed or am having a bad day with my 2 Boys I try to think of how fast they grow. Crazy isnt it? I guess we should enjoy it while they are young! My 3 1/2 year old is so sweet I do wish he could stay this age for at least a few years =0)...my 10 month old is quite a handful..wants to be held all of the time and I feel like I get nothing done around the house but I know one day he will want to run and play with his friends and not want much to do with me. With that Im going to go cuddle with my Boys =0)
  18. Old Comment

Confessions of a Soda Pop Junkie

I'm a Coke junkie too! I gave it up for months and just drank iced tea but I had one sip of Coke and it was all over! I'm up to about a 4 can a day habit again. I'm hoping to get myself off of it again. Good luck with everything.
    Posted 05-26-2010 at 12:21 PM by Santa's Helper Santa's Helper is offline
  19. Old Comment

Confessions of a Soda Pop Junkie

Hi Ron.

Sorry I didn't comment on this earlier. I empathize with you and sympathize having to give up something you truly love. I myself am a food addict. If I let myself go I just eat compulsively for no good reason (as if there is one). I have been up and down the scales many, many, many times. The thing is that when I gain weight my asthma goes off the chart. I am of very slight build and really short (5'2") so I do not need much weight. Last June I went to Jenny Craig and lost all the weight I needed to. I have lost weight with them before but this time I must keep it off. I went from 131 (a lot for me) to 90 which is just about right. I feel much, much better.

I can definitely relate to addictions. Whether it be to soda pop, or whatever. Just keep at it and take it a day at a time. You will be fine. Thank you for posting your blog. I look forward to it.
  20. Old Comment

I Have Got Christmas on My Mind!!!

It's great to be part of a year round Christmas community! I have been searching weekly, sometimes daily for Christmas goodies on Ebay. I have bought several Christmas dvd's in the past few months from 1 cent on up to a couple of bucks. Great deals!
    Posted 05-18-2010 at 07:23 AM by Christmas-A-Holic Christmas-A-Holic is online now

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award