Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > lauriebear » Comments

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,432
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,657)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Christmas Controversies
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:27 PM
50,484 Views  0 Posts
stocking Thanksgiving Activities...
By MMC Editor
11-20-2011 01:52 PM
62,972 Views  0 Posts
Gift 4 Re-Gifting: Yes or No?
By MMC Editor
01-25-2013 09:05 AM
Last post by Bradmac
04-14-2013 05:01 PM
43,517 Views  2 Posts
Dear Santa: I Want, I...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:38 PM
39,279 Views  0 Posts
Feast of Fools
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:33 PM
54,008 Views  0 Posts
  1. Old Comment

A January Christmas

CM3 - than you yes I was able too and I sent a copy to them both - it was so nice!
  2. Old Comment

A January Christmas

This sounds like such a lovely tradition. Be sure to let us know if you were able to make contact with Louise's daughters and how your Christmas in January goes !! Thank you for another wonderful blog. (((HUGS))) to you xo
  3. Old Comment

Snicker’s (my doggies) Version Of a Night Before Christmas…

Quote:
    Originally Posted by caninemom3 View Comment
    Clancy, Wish, and Hermione as well as Smokey and Lily all give their paws of approval !!! Wonderful, Laurie !!! xo
    Thank you so much
  4. Old Comment

Snicker’s (my doggies) Version Of a Night Before Christmas…

[B][I]Clancy, Wish, and Hermione as well as Smokey and Lily all give their paws of approval !!! Wonderful, Laurie !!! xo [/I][/B]
  5. Old Comment
    Posted 01-04-2013 at 01:10 PM by Christmas-A-Holic Christmas-A-Holic is offline
  6. Old Comment

My Dogs Take on Walking in a Winter Wonderland

THANK YOU BOTH!!!! Last Year I did the The Night Before Christmas I should post that I think I did in the countdown but not to my blog!!! LOL
  7. Old Comment

My Dogs Take on Walking in a Winter Wonderland

[B][I]This is ADORABLE !!! Did you hear Clancy, Hermione and Wish all singing it too ?? They love it and so do I !!!! xo[/I][/B]
  8. Old Comment

What Christmas Means To Me

[B][I]Bravo and well Said !!! Oh Laurie.......Thank you for this very meaningful blog. I could not agree more with you. He came to the world to bring a great light and I myself try to never forget that light, though I fall very, very short most of the time. In the spirit and love of Christ Jesus, Merry CHRISTmas, my dear friend (((HUGS)) xo[/I][/B]
  9. Old Comment

2011 closing and welcoming 2012...

Awesome, you stated it perfectly. I think I may use this on my desk wall at work. What positive energy.
  10. Old Comment

Most resolutions aren't realistic so they fail nearly as quickly as they are made. The only one I ever kept was four years ago. I suffered from insomnia (Christmas, work and family related mostly) so I decided not to set the alarm clock anymore. Surprisingly, my body woke me up within the same half hour every morning regardless of what time I went to bed so I never had to set the alarm clock again. Not worrying about what time it was and how much time I could sleep if only I fell asleep for at least an hour, watching the clock had as much to do with my insomnia as the thoughts roaming around my head.

I welcome 2012 with a merry heart and a determination not to let negative energy affect me - instead I'll keep company with positive folks.
    Posted 01-07-2012 at 10:53 AM by AuntieMistletoeDear AuntieMistletoeDear is offline
  11. Old Comment

What do I mean when I wish someone a Merry Christmas?

Auntie thank you very much!!! Part of me wishes I was there for those old fashioned Christmas walks.
  12. Old Comment

Thx Auntie Yes I like that idea goals are so much easier for me to work with then resolutions, at least for me
  13. Old Comment

Where I live wishing someone a "Merry" or "Happy" Christmas is still met with kindness. I often wonder why my workplace insists on calling our annual festive gathering a "Holiday Party" when the themes are always Christmas related. Come to think of it nobody has ever returned one of my Christmas cards suggesting they don't celebrate Christmas so why do we have to pretend we aren't having a Christmas party. When I'm out Christmas shopping, I expect the salesclerks to say, "thanks and Merry Christmas" which I'm happy to report is still standard practice around my merry neck of the woods. We still have annual Old Fashioned Christmas walks. Where my boys and grandkids live, one of the schools decided not to have a "Holiday Recital" instead opting to wait until February to have a more general recital. I don't understand the reasoning of that, although I heard mention that it was because six of the students in the school wouldn't be able to participate. I'm sorry, but six out of hundreds doesn't seem like a fair reason to cancel a recital. Perhaps they could have been more creative in organizing the recital to include whatever tradition or celebration the six students practiced so they could be included.
    Thanks for sharing your feelings on this subject Laurie.
    MERRY CHRISTMAS!
    Posted 01-01-2012 at 05:13 PM by AuntieMistletoeDear AuntieMistletoeDear is offline
  14. Old Comment

Nice blog, Laurie. I don't look upon regrets of the year that is closing unless I can learn from something that went wrong, yet I always challenge myself in goals for a better year ahead. I don't make New Year's Resolutions, but I make goals for the betterment of myself and those around me. Happy New Year!
    Posted 01-01-2012 at 08:52 AM by AuntieMistletoeDear AuntieMistletoeDear is offline
  15. Old Comment

Thanks CM3... I am so glad I have this place.
  16. Old Comment

Thank you, Laurie and Merry CHRISTmas to you my dear friend xo
  17. Old Comment
  18. Old Comment

Thanksgiving Day Facts, History

Your welcome CM3... Can I tell you you something... shhhh don't let everyone know (J/K) but I LOVE Thanksgiving, almost more then Christmas, I know crazy to say that here, but there is something so magical about that day.
  19. Old Comment

Fixing the date of the holiday; Thanksgiving Day

Thanks Jeff, I love looking up about Thanksgiving - it is one of my favorite days, I look forward so much to it. I love that we can research things we love and post it in our blogs!!!
  20. Old Comment

Fixing the date of the holiday; Thanksgiving Day

Good information on Thanksgiving on these last two posts, Lauriebear!

When Roosevelt changed the date in the name of boosting the economy it was very controversial and actually ticked off a few folks. That year he did it there were actually TWO Thanksgivings -- those who observed the changed date, and those who stubbornly kept the original date. It was one of the few times where the public vociferously demonstrated against FDR.

Year Round Christmas Radio -- Listen now!

Listen to Kringle Radio via...

Winamp
Windows Media

Click to listen now!

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award