Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs » Blog Entries

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,438
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,943)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Lower Your Thanksgiving...
By MMC Editor
11-20-2011 01:48 PM
49,917 Views  0 Posts
Merry Christmas or Happy...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 08:46 PM
46,747 Views  0 Posts
Gift 2 The History of Christmas...
By MMC Editor
05-30-2002 02:54 PM
78,331 Views  0 Posts
It's a Wonderful Life...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:17 PM
52,079 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Defined
By MMC Editor
05-01-2002 10:19 PM
Last post by JeanetteDi
09-20-2011 08:20 AM
59,126 Views  1 Posts
Old

Joined a gym and went today

Posted 12-30-2008 at 04:50 PM by golodenqiueenalicia

Yes I can hardly believe it myself but my daughter and her bofriend took me to the gym today and designed a work out for me. Boy am I sore right now but I feel good. The boyfriend of my daughter's bestfriend was also there and he told me that when the others go back to school he'll meet me and make sure I'm working out hard and not taking it to easy.

So now tommrow they're all planning on taking me at 6am (not sure how that will work) and doing a different workout. I think were ending the session with a pool workout which is fine by me.

I just really need to keep the exercise part up and keep pushing myself and hopefully soon we'll actually see some results, who knows, all I know for sure is this was day 1 and it felt good (i'm sore don't get me wrong and I'll probably wake up tommrow with great difficulty of getting vertical) and am excited about this new venture. I really need to lose close to 100 pounds so we'll see how close I get to that goal.
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Setting Goals for 2009

Posted 12-27-2008 at 04:02 PM by golodenqiueenalicia

Its that time of year again, you know the drill, were all gonna promise to do so many things different and those things will work for a couple of weeks or so but even before the end of January we're all be back right where we were before.

So this year I'm gonna try something different, now don't get me wrong actually my life is very very good, I am truly blessed but there are a few things I would like to be able to do just for me.

So first I want to lose some weight, now I'm not huge but I am carring an extra 50-100 pounds or so (okay not 100 but it feels that way sometimes). I am tall so I can carry extra weight and not look so bad but I am very unhappy with my weight. Now before children back in my highschool years I was skinny(real real skinny) I was actually a professional ballerina and I loved it.

I loved to dance, and dance and dance. I was always happiest if I was performing. Now I look at my body and am absolutly aboluded at what I...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Christmas 2008

Posted 12-26-2008 at 05:11 PM by golodenqiueenalicia

So today is the day after Christmas......

and I usually find myself a little sad and a whole lot tired, well not this year. Okay I'm still a whole lot tired but am tring not to feel so blue. I am concentrating on getting my kitchen back into its usual state and after 4 loads of dishes and pots and pans it still looks like a bomb went off. (and I'm really not much of a cook) I can see progress but I like it when I can clean as I go and for whatever reason that didn't happen yesterday, but we did have some really good food and even better drinks....

I was going to attempt to take down some of my window lights today so I can put up some plastic to try and keep some warmth in here but that's going to wait until tommrow.

And I will need to go out and get a bigger and better gift card for my garbage people as their job will be a whole lot harder this week. Our 2 huge cans are full plus there is a ton of cardbord and about 8 55gallon bags full that...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

The Sweetest Gift

Posted 12-22-2008 at 08:17 AM by Jeff Westover (A Merry Blog)

Traveling home from a business trip on December 19th is never fun. I've done it before and I've sworn I'd never do it again. But duty called and there I found myself on a Friday night waiting at the airport as weather across the country scrambled my chances of getting home on the weekend before Christmas 2008.

The Southwest terminal in Los Angeles is a bit of a gritty place. Always busy, it was packed with holiday travellers bound for all points east -- and no one was going anywhere.

I was there for more than 5 hours. Finally our plane arrived but we had to wait an additional hour for a crew to arrive to man it. After midnight -- officially Saturday now - we finally boarded, packed in like sardines, pushed away from the gate only to sit on the tarmac for some reason for 45 minutes.

My flight was only about 1 hour and 20 minutes. I was more than 8 hours now into my nightmare.

The flight itself was uneventful. All were too tired...
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums
Old

The Excitement Is Building!

Posted 12-18-2008 at 11:01 AM by RadioJonD (Tinseled Musings from a Yule Tuned Mind)

The weekend before Christmas is always the most enjoyable part of the season for me! That’s when all of my favorite radio shows air their Christmas specials! Of course, you already knew that didn’t you?

As a Christmas music junkie looking for a fix, nothing can be finer than listening to all the special radio shows featuring great Tunes of Yule that more than likely won’t be heard anywhere else on the radio dial.

Some commercial broadcast stations have been playing non-stop Christmas music since before Thanksgiving! For the casual music listener the same twenty-five to one hundred tried and true Christmas traditional over and over again might be okay; ain’t nothing wrong with that! However, what bugs us deep music aficionados the most is all the wasted music overlooked by mainstream media! There are literally tons of offerings out there by artists ten times better than what you’ll hear on corporate broadcast vampire radio!

That is why...
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫
Posted in Uncategorized

Year Round Christmas Radio -- Listen now!

Listen to Kringle Radio via...

Winamp
Windows Media

Click to listen now!

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award