Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs » Blog Entries

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,085
Threads: 53,910
Top Poster: xmas365 (164,784)
Welcome to our newest member, williamjohn
Old

Christmas in July Day 23

Posted 07-23-2008 at 06:02 PM by Gingerbug (Seasonal Celebrations)

Happy Day 23....It's passing by so quickly!

Today I spent some time looking at Holiday Cleaning/Prep plans and trying to decide which ones to use this year.

I bought some dividers and a new notebook for the plan and hope to get it together and take pictures of the set up so I can share them with you!

Finally managed to watch Elf today...that is such a funny movie. I love his kid like qualities and how he gets so much enjoyment out of the small things in life!

Friday will be a BIG DAY...Christmas in July...the day!!! I have lots planned for that day and hope to enjoy it fully...Hope you do too!!!
Old

Christmas in July Day 22

Posted 07-22-2008 at 10:32 AM by Gingerbug (Seasonal Celebrations)

Day 22 and over at MHH we are talking Theme Parties in our Second Christmas in July Give Away thread.

ConnieChristmas suggested a

Let It Snow Party

I have a pretty good snowman collection going. So I decorate with my snowmen every where. Little white twinkle lights all about. Hanging snowflakes all over the place. My tablecloth would be silver and decorate with snowflake ornaments and centerpiece with silver candles. I think an old sled decorated with lights leaned in the corner some where or in the entryway! (Turn down the heat so the air would be a little chilly!)

Menu for Soup Supper -

Sleigh Ride Stew - White Chili
Tummy Warmer Potato Soup
White Snowflake Dinner Rolls
Hot Chocolate and Eggnog
Snowmen and snowflake Cookie Platter
White Chocolate Mousse Trifle

I would have and activiy table to cutting papers snowflake. And a prize for the one voted best!
Old

Christmas in July Day 21

Posted 07-21-2008 at 02:48 PM by Gingerbug (Seasonal Celebrations)

So it's day 21....if you haven't started yet...you better get hopping.

One of the things I do is look for quick, easy, and cute decorating and gift ideas. Party ideas too if I can find them.

I can't remember who posted this link...it wasn't me...but I do like it and will share it with you here in my blog:

All Things Christmas

Then I print them out....and into my notebook they go...no searching all over when I need a quick and easy idea...I have them filed and ready.

So if you accomplish nothing else this month...print and file some quick, easy, simple ideas for decor, gifts, and parties. When the busy season starts...you will be glad to have them at your fingertips!
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Christmas in July Day 20

Posted 07-20-2008 at 06:04 PM by Gingerbug (Seasonal Celebrations)

Ho Ho Ho it's Day 20...and there's still lots of list to check and things to do!!

Today I opened some new threads at MHH for this week of Christmas in July. We will be watching ELF this week and discussing it over at the boards.

We are also going to be sharing ideas for good sites to order Christmas gifts! I personally LOVE online shopping...save a few gifts for the holiday season...so I can still get a taste of the hustle and bustle but no mad dashes through stores for me.

Our second virtual crop will be on Friday ...it's Rudolph Day...and we will be working on crafts off and on all day...checking in when we can to report on our progress. Our Craft of the Week is Christmas Cards!!! But during the virtual crop people can work on whatever project they want.

Well....more tomorrow!!!
Old

Christmas List.

Posted 07-19-2008 at 08:17 PM by Mumof2

So this weekend I finished my "Christmas List" for all of my family and friends.Im really pleased with the outcome.
My kids had no problem telling me what they really liked,which was not alot,but they things they mentioned were really heartfelt ,I could see it in their eyes when they described to me the colors or style of what they wanted.
I figured for my sisters and mum id do mostly homemade items.I picked a "theme" for them and i'll get a basket and put items in there that go with their theme.Like my oldest sister is a old time movie buff,mysteries and drama.so I'll buy her a blanket,pop corn,bottle of tonic(soda),her fav candy,a few movies,and a gift card to her local sub shop for dinner,and of course my homemade items like saops,lotions and soup mixes she likes.
so each has a theme,my other sis is a candle nut.and my mum loves fashion.so there im set.i might even do it for my niece and nephew. my brothers and their wives decided a grab would be...
One Happy lil Elf
Posted in Uncategorized

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award