Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs » Blog Entries

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,127
Threads: 54,233
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,523)
Welcome to our newest member, cmas333
Old

Christmas in July Day 20

Posted 07-20-2008 at 06:04 PM by Gingerbug (Seasonal Celebrations)

Ho Ho Ho it's Day 20...and there's still lots of list to check and things to do!!

Today I opened some new threads at MHH for this week of Christmas in July. We will be watching ELF this week and discussing it over at the boards.

We are also going to be sharing ideas for good sites to order Christmas gifts! I personally LOVE online shopping...save a few gifts for the holiday season...so I can still get a taste of the hustle and bustle but no mad dashes through stores for me.

Our second virtual crop will be on Friday ...it's Rudolph Day...and we will be working on crafts off and on all day...checking in when we can to report on our progress. Our Craft of the Week is Christmas Cards!!! But during the virtual crop people can work on whatever project they want.

Well....more tomorrow!!!
Old

Christmas List.

Posted 07-19-2008 at 08:17 PM by Mumof2

So this weekend I finished my "Christmas List" for all of my family and friends.Im really pleased with the outcome.
My kids had no problem telling me what they really liked,which was not alot,but they things they mentioned were really heartfelt ,I could see it in their eyes when they described to me the colors or style of what they wanted.
I figured for my sisters and mum id do mostly homemade items.I picked a "theme" for them and i'll get a basket and put items in there that go with their theme.Like my oldest sister is a old time movie buff,mysteries and drama.so I'll buy her a blanket,pop corn,bottle of tonic(soda),her fav candy,a few movies,and a gift card to her local sub shop for dinner,and of course my homemade items like saops,lotions and soup mixes she likes.
so each has a theme,my other sis is a candle nut.and my mum loves fashion.so there im set.i might even do it for my niece and nephew. my brothers and their wives decided a grab would be...
One Happy lil Elf
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Christmas in July Day 19

Posted 07-19-2008 at 05:56 AM by Gingerbug (Seasonal Celebrations)

Christmas Times a Comin, Christmas Times A Comin...will you be ready???

The ladies over at MHH will be....they are spending July... crafting, cooking, recipe gathering, and gift buying.

Here's a cute version of the post it note stands from jackfrosty...she made these for her children's swim coaches....don't you just love them!

And here's an album and lunch tins for storage...decorated by Starflake.... over at Reindeer Moon: Starshine and Starflakes blog

There's lots more Christmas in July...hope you are having FUN!!!!
Old

Christmas in July Day 18

Posted 07-18-2008 at 02:39 PM by Gingerbug (Seasonal Celebrations)

Scrapped Calendars are awesome Christmas gifts. Last year I made a 2008 Calendar for my mother in law with family photos...This is the scrapped page for Feb. I used a calendar that had a grid at the bottom and a page protector at the top ...for each month...SO I just had to scrap 12 pages and slip each into the page protector for the correct month. Still looking for the perfect gift for grandparents? Try scrapping a calendar!!
Old

Christmas in July Day 17

Posted 07-17-2008 at 08:07 AM by Gingerbug (Seasonal Celebrations)

Hello again...we really have to stop meeting like this....LOL

Christmas in July on HSN yesterday was a bit of a disappointment. Most items were not things I would need or want...for self or gifts. And the few things I thought were cool...like the Boyds Bear Wall Hanging...were a tad on the expensive side...or okay...maybe I'm cheap. LOL

Other NEWS on the CIJ Front:

I've written so many blog entries this month I forget if I've shown you this one yet...LOL...so forgive me if it is a repeat.

Over at The Warmth of a Stable blog...are the cutest little Countdown clipboards...I know.. I know you say you are not crafty and can't do anything like these....PLEASE...if I can make them...anyone can make them...I have made lots of altered clipboards and they all turn out great...you just cut and glue...easy peasy! Jackfrosty took it one step further and made the little matching tins...I am assuming to hold the number cards....too cute!

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award