Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs » Blog Entries

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,097
Threads: 53,979
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,477)
Welcome to our newest member, AmyHardy
Old

What a problem I had.

Posted 07-14-2008 at 04:41 PM by Mumof2

A few weeks ago,I called My local Cable Co. For service,To my HUGE suprise The man on the other end sid "There is an outstanding bill on this Social Security Number" To which I said "Um,HUH??? Real great answer,right?
He Told me that a Man,from East Boston,Ma. was using my SSN!!!
Great,Now I need togo to the Police station,then goto my local cable co. office to file a report with both.
So I did just that a police woman took my info,calle the cable co. and they told her "Ah there is nothing we can do for her" the police woman said she was told to come down here and report it,and she did,now im trying to follow up with this and you're telling me that you ain't gonna do a thing? Cable CO. " No ma'am, it's just we never have had a police officer follow up with us".

So I had to laugh,even though I talked to about a dozen people just like the police woman did.they are not sure what happened,did HE do it to avoid a bill if he...
One Happy lil Elf
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Christmas in July Day 14

Posted 07-14-2008 at 06:41 AM by Gingerbug (Seasonal Celebrations)

It's Day 14 and today's focus is GIFTS...wow that can be a big chore at Christmas. That's why the members at MHH and myself...try to work on our gift closet all year long.

The gift closet doesn't have to be an actual closet...it can be a drawer, a cabinet, a storage tote or any number of places...just an organized location for tucking away gifts as they are purchased through out the year!

So today we are hosting a virtual project over at MHH and it is to clean and organize the gift closet. Label gifts, add to your lists, pull all those gifts that have already been purchased together in some logical way so we know what else we need and do not end up over buying! That's what I'll be doing forn 8-12 CENTRAL TIME today...Today is Part One with Part Two scheduled for Wednesday from 4-8 pm CENTRAL TIME

So....after today hopefully chaos will become order in the gift closet!!!
Old

Christmas in July Day 13

Posted 07-13-2008 at 05:17 PM by Gingerbug (Seasonal Celebrations)

Thought I'd highlight some things from the Rudolph Day blogs today.

Cathy's Pumpkins and Reindeer blog is awesome. You really have to check out the cute carriers/gift boxes she created from some scrap paper and some Sonic drink carriers. You can see them: HERE

A Quilter's Christmas has up the cutest little wall hanger decoration that she put together....it's adorable.

Over at Christmas Whimsy there are some good tips for putting together a cookie exchange...you can read them: HERE

And you can find a good list of ideas for Christmas in July or to do on Rudolph Days over at Hey Rudolph.

There are tons of craft ideas, recipes, and things to make you think on the Rudolph Day blogs...enjoy!!!
Old

DIBS Recipe Number Two

Posted 07-12-2008 at 01:54 PM by christmascreations

Just a recap below you will find the explanation of DIBS and my recipe for Banana Bread which is the biggest DIBS item in my house.

Snack size bag filled with 1 cup sugar
Quart size bag filled with 1 1/2 cups flour, 1 Tbsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp salt, and 3/4 tsp baking soda

The next recipe selected for my DIBS is my Grandmother's recipe for Dream Cookies also known by others as Thumbprint Cookies.

DREAM COOKIES

PreHeat oven to 300 degrees

2 c. flour
1 c. sugar
1 c. shortening
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. vanilla extract
favorite jelly or hersey kisses

DIBS setup
snack size bag- 1 c. sugar
quart size bag- 2 c. flour and 1 tsp baking powder

Cream together shortening and sugar then add vanilla extract. Slowly mix in the dry ingredients (premixed in the quart size DIBS bag) until mixed through. Roll into small dough balls, place on an ungreased cookie...
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

"PRE"paring for DIBS....

Posted 07-12-2008 at 01:53 PM by christmascreations

DIBS is "Dry Ingredient Bags Setup". These are the dry ingredients of your favorite recipes premeasured and stored in ziploc bags.

This storage method enables you to prepare many recipes months in advance. It does not take long to do and yet will save you precious time during the MOST HECTIC time of the year. I will be using my BANANA BREAD recipe as an example throughout each step.

BANANA BREAD---Preheat the oven to 350 degrees

1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups sifted flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 tsp baking soda
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla or banana extract
3 or 4 large, very ripe bananas
pinch of cinnamon (optional)

Cream the butter and sugar; add the egg. slowly add the dry ingredients (DIBS). mash the 3 or 4 ripe bananas with a fork in a bowl. Add the extract of choice and sprinkle with a pinch of cinnamon. Slowly add the banana mix to the batter and mix...
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Posted in Uncategorized

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award