Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs » Blog Entries

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,978
Threads: 53,468
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,864)
Welcome to our newest member, ShontelleE
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Why There Really Is a...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:23 PM
39,254 Views  0 Posts
Jingle Bell
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 08:57 PM
46,402 Views  0 Posts
Santa Speaks 2006
By MMC Editor
06-11-2006 11:11 PM
45,189 Views  0 Posts
Presentblue Black Friday 2012: The...
By Jeff Westover
11-23-2012 05:13 PM
48,662 Views  0 Posts
When should presents be...
By MMC Editor
06-11-2002 04:51 PM
50,516 Views  0 Posts
Old

Christmas in July Day 6

Posted 07-06-2008 at 10:16 AM by Gingerbug (Seasonal Celebrations)

Here's what some of the members of Magical Holiday Home are saying about their favorite Christmas Music:

Zend: "I love listening to Classical Christmas music but I reallly enjoy listening to Medieval Christmas music. Every year at Ludlow Castle in England they have a Christmas medieval fair where all the medieval musicians in the country meet. It is wonderful sitting by open hearth fires listening to the music and taking part in the dancing and wearing medieval costumes"

HouseElf: "I have 219 Christmas songs on my iPod, and I think my tastes are, maybe, a bit eclectic.

Depending upon my mood:

Petit Papa Noel by Josh Groban
God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen / We Three Kings by The Barenaked Ladies W/ Sarah McLachlan
The Seven Joy's Of Mary by Great Big Sea

Baby, It's Cold Outside by Margaret Whiting & Johnny Mercer
What Are You Doing New Year's Eve by Harry Connick Jr.
Santa
Old

Christmas in July Day 5

Posted 07-05-2008 at 06:55 AM by Gingerbug (Seasonal Celebrations)

This is the end of our kick off week and tomorrow bring the start of a full and busy week.

First off we start the first of our projects...the wire Christmas Angels...they look sooo cute....I'm not much of a crafter...so I'll let you know how they go and maybe I can get a few pictures up too.

Our Chatter Topic: Favorite Christmas Music...there's plenty of good stuff so I am interested to see which ones come out as clear favorites among the majority.

Then we have a Christmas Movie: Olive the Other Reindeer...we will be watching this animated selection and writing our thoughts about it! this one isn't as easy to find so not sure how many people are going to be able to put their hands on it!!

Next on Tuesday from 4-8 CENTRAL time we will have a virtual crop/craft time...for this you can either actually create holiday pages, work on your journal, organize your holiday craft or scrapping stuff...or any number of things. We will meet at...
Old

Christmas in July Day Four

Posted 07-04-2008 at 09:50 AM by Gingerbug (Seasonal Celebrations)

Happy 4th of July...all my USA friends!!! Off to barbeque and fireworks later today but for now a bit of Christmas in July News.

Christmas Chatter Christmas Memory from MHH member Mrs. Soup:

One of my favorite things was going to my aunt and uncle's on Christmas Eve for a family dinner. All the family would be there, aunt's, uncle's, cousins, etc. My grandma always made dumplings and we would have turkey and all the trimmings. Then we would all pile into the fireplace room where the tree was and pass around gifts and open them. The kids usually did a drawing and we just brought a gift for whoever we drew, the adults did the same. Anyway, it was such a magical night back then, especially when it was snowing. Driving home I always thought the car tail lights and headlights looked like Christmas lights and I always got a tear in my eye driving past the decorated houses and listening to Christmas music.

Here's a link to information and directions about...
Old

Christmas in July Day 3

Posted 07-03-2008 at 05:37 AM by Gingerbug (Seasonal Celebrations)

Wow...its Day Three already...where oh where does time go? For Day 3 we have been issued a challenge and the challenge is to do TWO things today....

One an actual GET something done item. Whether it's filling in menu plans, working on Christmas recipes, buying a couple of gifts, printing forms...anything BUT it has to be an actual DOING something not just planning.

Second a FUN item. Drink some hot chocolate, listen to Christmas music, watch a Christmas Movie, put on some Christmas socks.....something FUN and light hearted!!!

We have daily threads going for each day of Christmas in July...it's so fun to see what everyone is up to. I will be updating my Rudolph Day blog later tonight as work beckons today but I have a great cheese ball recipe up and will add some more items this evening!!

It's July 3rd...what are you doing to get ready for Christmas? Have fun and take care!
Old

Christmas in July Day 2

Posted 07-02-2008 at 07:17 AM by Gingerbug (Seasonal Celebrations)

Day Two of Christmas in July... what do you have planned? Well the ladies (and gentlemen) over at MHH are talking about DIBS....no it's not a new candy....it's a new way to pre-pare your baking and just make life a little easier...it's Christmas Creation's idea and it's really catching on.

Dry Ingrediants Bags Setup....DIBS....you can read more about the project at Christmas Creations Corner blog

The main idea is to spend a few hour measuring and mixing the dry ingredients for some of your favorite breads or cookies...sort of like buying a mix...but you're making the mix yourself....save time and money!! Labeled and stored they are all ready to grab and bake!!

I am planning to make multiples of three different recipes so I can relax October -December knowing that a yummy treat is just a few minutes prep!!

Second on the list: Our first Christmas in July virtual crop....from 4-8 CENTRAL TIME on Tuesday July 8th...some of us are gathering...

Year Round Christmas Radio -- Listen now!

Listen to Kringle Radio via...

Winamp
Windows Media

Click to listen now!

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award