Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs » Blog Entries

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,087
Threads: 53,915
Top Poster: xmas365 (165,650)
Welcome to our newest member, DoYouHearWhatIHear
Old

Just June

Posted 05-18-2008 at 09:18 PM by Gingerbug (Seasonal Celebrations)

Umm...when I think about the upcoming month....yes I know May is only half over...and believe me I am looking forward to a wonderful Memorial Day weekend....all those snow days mean we have school AFTER Memorial Day this year...but can't change it so no use dwelling on it! Anyway I transgress....June...it will be here before we know it...no major holidays....ummm okay Father's Day but you know what I mean.....so it's Just June...stretching before me with possiblities...I like that....possiblities...I think that's one reason that even with snow and cold...I like January...it is the beginning of a new year with endless possibilites...clean calendar pages waiting....days that have yet to unfold, journeys to take, memories to make...Just June...is waiting just around the corner! .....In the meantime...I won't waste a day of Marvelous May...for there are flowers to plant...now that graduation is over and it has stopped raining....oh dear I do hope I haven't jinxed myself!!!
Old

Friends of My Merry Christmas

Posted 05-17-2008 at 09:50 AM by Jeff Westover (A Merry Blog)

Nobody understands me.

Nobody in the vast community of webmasters, that is. It's not that I am a rebel when it comes to running a website. I just don't view myself as a webmaster. I just love Christmas.

Quite honestly, the best sites on the Internet are those put together by individuals who have a love of their subject matter. Like a good book or a good magazine, a great website is reflective of the passion for it.

Most webmasters don't understand me because I'm not running this website like a website is supposed to be run. We're not trying to make money here, basically.

So when it comes to certain things we just don't do things they way most websites "should".

For example, we have a lot of friends.

We think (well, we know) that MMC has the best Christmas forums on the Internet.

But we're also associated with great Christmas forums at Talk Christmas, Magical Holiday Home, Clausnet,...
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums
Old

Reflections on a Journey

Posted 05-17-2008 at 06:28 AM by Gingerbug (Seasonal Celebrations)

Have you every thought about how much time it takes to "get ready" to go on a journey? The list making, the packing, the maps, the reservations etc? Seems like it's almost more effort than it's worth. But the journeys in our lives can be just as complicated. In fact sometimes I take more time thinking about a journey (bill paying journeys, writing a paper journey, clean the house journey) than just taking off. You know where you just jump in the car and start driving...see where you end up.
I remember one spring when I was about 14 and hanging out with friends...we decided to take a road trip over to see the river which was flooding. It was about an hours drive. We just hopped in the car and took off. Yes, I had some older friends who could drive and nope didn't ask my parent's permission. Back in "the day" , living in the middle of nowhere, you could do such things without fear of turning up a missing person.
We drove with the windows down, not overly fast...we...
Old

Senior Day

Posted 05-15-2008 at 08:31 PM by Gingerbug (Seasonal Celebrations)

Today was Senior Day at the high school. The last day of attendance for seniors and the viewing of the senior video. I anticipated getting a bit teary eyed watching the video but instead I felt a strange sense of calm and satisfaction. The video featured each of the seniors (over 200) in a baby picture with their senior picture immediatly following it. There were also sections that contained group photos from childhood and more recent ones. It was fun to see how the kids have changed over the years. Then of couse the music was lovely. It lasted 90 minutes and each of the seniors gets a copy of the DVD. So as Kelsey says: "It's not over yet...I've got graduation practice at 10 tomorrow".....it's bound to be a busy weekend. But what a nice finale to the wonderful class of 2008
Old

May is Graduation

Posted 05-12-2008 at 05:38 PM by Gingerbug (Seasonal Celebrations)

May is Graduation at our house. Kelsey is graduating from high school this coming Sunday so things are a bit hectic and crazy around our house. Lots to do, see, places to be, and clothes to have ready...lol.
We are working on a "theme" for our graduation party...which will not actually be until June 8th because of Project Graduation, Memorial Day, and tons of other graduation parties. I, of course, suggested a "Story Book" graduation with childrens' books ending with "Oh the Places You'll Go" by Dr. Seuss but my older daughter "rolled her eyes" so I am assuming that is a no go. Time's a ticking and I'm getting a tad nervous...

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award