Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs » Blog Entries

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,973
Threads: 53,443
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,043)
Welcome to our newest member, Norrisrals
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Christmas Tree Decorating with Wreaths
By JeanetteDi
10-26-2011 04:05 PM
78,880 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Ball 3 Michael Buble Returns...
By MMC Editor
10-08-2012 01:55 AM
42,828 Views  0 Posts
Santa Speaks 2007
By MMC Editor
06-11-2007 11:13 PM
54,664 Views  0 Posts
Why the Big Guy is a Big...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:10 PM
0 Posts
Handel's Messiah
By MMC Editor
05-30-2002 03:18 PM
47,325 Views  0 Posts
Old

Friends of My Merry Christmas

Posted 05-17-2008 at 09:50 AM by Jeff Westover (A Merry Blog)

Nobody understands me.

Nobody in the vast community of webmasters, that is. It's not that I am a rebel when it comes to running a website. I just don't view myself as a webmaster. I just love Christmas.

Quite honestly, the best sites on the Internet are those put together by individuals who have a love of their subject matter. Like a good book or a good magazine, a great website is reflective of the passion for it.

Most webmasters don't understand me because I'm not running this website like a website is supposed to be run. We're not trying to make money here, basically.

So when it comes to certain things we just don't do things they way most websites "should".

For example, we have a lot of friends.

We think (well, we know) that MMC has the best Christmas forums on the Internet.

But we're also associated with great Christmas forums at Talk Christmas, Magical Holiday Home, Clausnet,...
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums
Old

Reflections on a Journey

Posted 05-17-2008 at 06:28 AM by Gingerbug (Seasonal Celebrations)

Have you every thought about how much time it takes to "get ready" to go on a journey? The list making, the packing, the maps, the reservations etc? Seems like it's almost more effort than it's worth. But the journeys in our lives can be just as complicated. In fact sometimes I take more time thinking about a journey (bill paying journeys, writing a paper journey, clean the house journey) than just taking off. You know where you just jump in the car and start driving...see where you end up.
I remember one spring when I was about 14 and hanging out with friends...we decided to take a road trip over to see the river which was flooding. It was about an hours drive. We just hopped in the car and took off. Yes, I had some older friends who could drive and nope didn't ask my parent's permission. Back in "the day" , living in the middle of nowhere, you could do such things without fear of turning up a missing person.
We drove with the windows down, not overly fast...we...
Old

Senior Day

Posted 05-15-2008 at 08:31 PM by Gingerbug (Seasonal Celebrations)

Today was Senior Day at the high school. The last day of attendance for seniors and the viewing of the senior video. I anticipated getting a bit teary eyed watching the video but instead I felt a strange sense of calm and satisfaction. The video featured each of the seniors (over 200) in a baby picture with their senior picture immediatly following it. There were also sections that contained group photos from childhood and more recent ones. It was fun to see how the kids have changed over the years. Then of couse the music was lovely. It lasted 90 minutes and each of the seniors gets a copy of the DVD. So as Kelsey says: "It's not over yet...I've got graduation practice at 10 tomorrow".....it's bound to be a busy weekend. But what a nice finale to the wonderful class of 2008
Old

May is Graduation

Posted 05-12-2008 at 05:38 PM by Gingerbug (Seasonal Celebrations)

May is Graduation at our house. Kelsey is graduating from high school this coming Sunday so things are a bit hectic and crazy around our house. Lots to do, see, places to be, and clothes to have ready...lol.
We are working on a "theme" for our graduation party...which will not actually be until June 8th because of Project Graduation, Memorial Day, and tons of other graduation parties. I, of course, suggested a "Story Book" graduation with childrens' books ending with "Oh the Places You'll Go" by Dr. Seuss but my older daughter "rolled her eyes" so I am assuming that is a no go. Time's a ticking and I'm getting a tad nervous...
Old

Summer Sensations

Posted 05-10-2008 at 08:17 PM by Gingerbug (Seasonal Celebrations)

It's May...so for those of you with young children...school will be getting out for summer break within the next few weeks. Recently I have started working on some ideas for Summer Sensations kits. These are little put together kits that can be stored on the shelf or in a closet and pulled out when the "I'm Bored" strikes...which when my kids were young was about day four of summer break. I'm thinking about four different types of kits.
  • Prop Kits (for pretend play)
  • Crafty Kits
  • Exploration Kits
  • Experience Kits
Right now I am working on a prop kit that has a pirates theme. You can use a copier paper box...which works perfectly for storing the pirate gear. A Hat, handerchief with skulls and crossbones, sword, gold coins, treasure map, treasure chest, eye patch, etc.

I am also putting together an exploration kit called Bugs Galore which includes things like:
  • Bug jar (You can make your own from a plastic mayo jar or Walmart has some cheap ones)
  • Magifying

Year Round Christmas Radio -- Listen now!

Listen to Kringle Radio via...

Winamp
Windows Media

Click to listen now!

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award