Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs » Blog Entries

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,431
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,553)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
"Lill's Travels in Santa...
By MerryCarey
10-26-2011 08:48 AM
59,475 Views  0 Posts
Christmas in Europe
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:21 PM
0 Posts
Mistletoe
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:16 PM
51,465 Views  0 Posts
Time-Saving Thanksgiving...
By MMC Editor
11-20-2011 01:57 PM
74,307 Views  0 Posts
santahat Santa Speaks 2011
By made582
10-09-2011 10:40 PM
Last post by monical
04-19-2013 03:25 AM
2 Posts
Old

Mother's Day

Posted 05-09-2008 at 03:47 PM by Gingerbug (Seasonal Celebrations)

It's Mother's Day weekend and I'd like to take a moment to write this entry as a tribute to my own mother who has been gone for 17 years now. Mom, known by her friends as Annie past away a month before my youngest daughter turned one. That has always bothered me a bit because my older two still have pretty clear, fond memories of the type of person she was but Kelsey does not...that is one of the reasons she so enjoys the gatherings we have, especially with my niece, Christy who is a wonderful story teller and can so capture the fun of being with "Grandma Annie". My mother had a fabulous sense of humor and loved to play. My oldest son still talks about Haggle Foot, the witch who would chase them around the house and try to capture them but somehow they always managed to get to the bed which was safe before Haggle Foot caught up with them. And then Katie still remembers playing dolls with her grandmother and the make believe pirate ships, dinosaurs, and trips to catch penguins....
Old

Introduction

Posted 05-08-2008 at 08:50 PM by Gingerbug (Seasonal Celebrations)

Well, the last thing in the world I need is another blog...so what am I doing starting one here? Well I never met a blog I didn't like. Whether reading or writing one they all have their own unique personalities. As varied as the people I meet in my life, as colorful as the flowers in spring, and as wonderfully detailed as a tapestry woven with the finest thread.

Blog entries are like an invitation into the hearts and souls of the authors. A glimpse at worlds unknown before, a treasure trove of memories and stories.... personal portraits painted with words.

And so here I am blogging....AGAIN!!! LOL
Old

My most memorable Christmas

Posted 05-08-2008 at 05:54 PM by MrsH

I think everyone has that one childhood Christmas memory that stands out above them all. Mine was probably 1969. Our Grandmother, was staying with us. She always slept on a folding cot in the living room. This one year ended up being very very interesting. First, in the middle of the night before Santa had come, we heard a crash. The folding bed had collapsed during the night and my grandmother was folded up in the bed. Finally we were asleep again and, as kids will do, we snuck down early. At the bottom of the stairs, we peeked around the corner and saw a HUGE dinosaur skeleton. We screamed and ran back up the stairs. Santa had brought us a big styrofoam dinosaur skeleton to play with. I can remember taking the head off and wearing it on my head. That was a fun Christmas.
Mistress of Home & Decor
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Taking These Forums to a Whole New Level

Posted 05-07-2008 at 10:10 AM by Jeff Westover (A Merry Blog)

This is my time of year for making tweaks and additions to My Merry Christmas. It amazes me that after nearly ten years operating this web domain we still have so much of Christmas we haven't covered.

Just to give you a little history, My Merry Christmas as a site was established in October 1999. We existed offline and on other web domains dating back to 1991. Can you believe that next year we get to celebrate 10 years as MMC?

I am a writer at heart and I love Christmas so it is no wonder we ended up doing this.

I don't have trained technical expertise in website programming and, honestly, I lose money on this endeavor as a whole every year.

Over the years I have looked at this as my hobby -- a labor of love, if you will. As I have learned more about the Internet and as our community here has grown I've decided that some day I want to retire into doing this full-time, year round.

But only after the babies are grown...
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums
Old

What Christmas can mean

Posted 05-07-2008 at 12:56 AM by DoubleA

I stated in another thread that I fould out one of my normal customers at the restaurant is a Santa Claus every Christmas time. That could make you whole day hearing that but there is a better kicker. This Santa Claus is homeless. He never complains, always has money in his pocket and enjoys life. He loves good food and he loves to see the smile on kids faces when they tug on his real beard and say "Mom, its the real Santa." He tucks away his own personal suit and brings it out every year, where ever he is needed, does his long shifts and takes all the pictures. He has a real beard that long hair that he dyes white, just a tad skinnier which is easily fixed.
Its kind of amazing to see someone that is less fortunate still wanting to give back as much as he can. I know there is the true spirit of Santa Claus in his heart, and Im glad to have learned some of that story. When Christmas comes around Ill take a pic with him and post it.
Mistletoeologist
Posted in Uncategorized

Year Round Christmas Radio -- Listen now!

Listen to Kringle Radio via...

Winamp
Windows Media

Click to listen now!

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award