Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs » Entries for October 24, 2012

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,097
Threads: 54,004
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,737)
Welcome to our newest member, AmyHardy
Old

Halloween, Halloween, here there & everywhere…

Posted 10-24-2012 at 02:11 PM by lauriebear

Halloween, Halloween, here there & everywhere…

As we all know, Halloween is a worldwide holiday, taking place on October 31 and linked to celebrating the spirits of the dead. Still, this is pretty much all that the celebrations have in common in the parts of the world where they are held. While Halloween was imported in most of the countries during the last part of the 20th century, the customs have been adapted or linked to local tradition, events and beliefs. Today's access to media helps the holiday and its most popular customs in being embraced by more and more nations. Still, the international symbol of the holiday remains the Jack-o'-lantern.
Halloween eve, on October 30, called Mischief Night in the US (with the Devil's Night variation in Detroit), or Miggy Night in some regions in England, is practically an opportunity to cause mayhem, from its metaphorical acceptance (throwing eggs or letting neighbors' cattle roam loose) to its...
Christmas Deity
Posted in Uncategorized

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award