Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs » Entries for November 6, 2012

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,088
Threads: 53,916
Top Poster: xmas365 (165,660)
Welcome to our newest member, MGunderso
Old

What the election means to me

Posted 11-06-2012 at 01:09 PM by lauriebear

What the election means to me

I don't pretend to be a political guru or know all there is to know about our Government. There are plenty of bloggers, websites, and tweets who can do that and give in depth analysis of all the issues. Instead, I will just simply tell you what Election Day mean to me.

As an American Citizen I am proud to cast my vote in an election, to have my voice counted. I think back today and on Veterans Day and say thank you for giving me this right. I think of the people who fought. I think of our founding fathers and wonder at amazement that to this day the system still works.
To vote is one of the greatest privileges. My vote counts towards the person I think bests fits the job, and yes that means at times I canít always choose a person for likability, for personal reasons. I need to be prudent and choose the candidate that will best be suited to fulfill that role.

Did you know that our working government...
Christmas Deity
Posted in Uncategorized

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award