Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs » Entries for April 15, 2013

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,097
Threads: 54,003
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,737)
Welcome to our newest member, AmyHardy
Old

I Am Not Afraid

Posted 04-15-2013 at 09:01 PM by xmas365 (Christmas, Life, and Family)

Here I sit, just hours after what looks to be a terrorist act at the Boston marathon, and I am saddened by the carnage, injuries, and casualties but angry that this has happened again.
My adult life has been riddled with terrorism, school shootings, and other disturbing issues caused by sick individuals. Boston is a city I love, a city I have loved since I was a young child when I would go see Boston Harbor, New England Aquarium, Boston Museum of Science, Fenway Park for many Red Sox games, and TD Garden for the Bruins. I have walked many miles in Boston, which is a great walking city, and I am sure I have walked by the area that was bombed more than once.
The innocence that once was part of this city, state, country is gone due to other acts such as the first WTC bombing in '93, Oklahoma City, and of course 9/11. After 9/11, I lived in fear of being involved in an attack. As the years have gone into the rearview, I can see that is no way to live, in fear of what you can't...
Christmas dreaming...
Posted in Uncategorized

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award