Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs » Entries for July 2, 2013

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,097
Threads: 53,982
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,477)
Welcome to our newest member, AmyHardy
Old

Farewell Our Beloved Friend

Posted 07-02-2013 at 01:53 PM by Jeff Westover (A Merry Blog)
Updated 07-02-2013 at 02:02 PM by Jeff Westover

Sam passed away peacefully today after a long illness. Born on Halloween 2001 Sam came to his family on Christmas morning as a present for our 9 year old daughter but he ended up becoming a gift to us all.

Sam was one of a litter of 8 short hair border collie puppies found from a rescue in Ogden, Utah. He was the smallest and most social of the bunch. Sam spent the bulk of his first car ride from Ogden to Draper, Utah on my chest, shaking and whining nearly the entire way. His welcome on Christmas morning was glorious and he basked in the activity, love and energy that a family with seven children would provide.

Sam was a bird chaser and a mouse catcher. He was intolerant of cats, squirt guns and carbonated beverages the kids would sometimes slip him for entertainment (he barked at them). Sam was athletic, loving to run for long periods of time. He was a tireless explorer, a fearless wanderer and a hopeless carnivore.

My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums
Posted in Family Life

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award