Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs » Blog Entries

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,441
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,943)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Christmas in Italy
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:22 PM
46,120 Views  0 Posts
How the Grinch Stole...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:18 PM
58,837 Views  0 Posts
Eggnog: A Colonial...
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 05:49 PM
70,554 Views  0 Posts
How to Make the Most of...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 08:55 PM
47,594 Views  0 Posts
Halloween: What's the...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:28 PM
48,205 Views  0 Posts
Old

Depression.

Posted 05-03-2009 at 04:17 PM by Mumof2

There is nothing worse than fighting within yourself.What I mean is,Feelings that seem to take ahold of you and start to wring around you like a snake choking out its prey.I had the baby blues after my daughter,Isabella was born but nothing like this.I mean I didn't wanna go out,work,see friends,family or take calls from them.

I have always been an outdoor kinda gal! swimming,walking,biking etc..but this darn thing took ahold of me and I gained a bunch of weight!! yuck! I want my body back! more important I want my head back!

I can remember being on here and happy,playing out in the snow during the winter,playing with the kids in the fall.and you couldnt get me outta the water when the summer's here.but man it hit me out of nowhere in Feb. and Ive been Oscar the Grouch ever since! Ive since learned that for some reason this runs in my family,but the kicker is it strikes in our 30's! um,hello a lil warning woulda been nice.not like im an only kid here. 4 brothers...
One Happy lil Elf
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

A Message In Lights.

Posted 04-20-2009 at 01:12 PM by SnowMaiden1018

I was driving to work a few days before Christmas of last year. I was going to my job at the mall, where I would be the happy smiling elf, making kids smile so I could take a picture of them with Santa. This job is MOSTLY satisfying, sometimes its just painful to deal with people and the lack of kindness. It was the morning after a very long line at the Santa Set. Everyone was miserable and mad for the wait. Everyone but the children. In fact, some kids were telling their parents to calm down. One of the kids, who was about 6 years old, turned to his mom and said "Ya know, Mama, Santas watching you too" Well she couldnt argue with that, and just shook her head. They were one of the last customers that night. Anyways, back to my story, I was driving to work the next morning, and I was lost in thought about how so many people never "see" what they have, they just want more. I never had much in my life, so I tend to be thankful for what I have, more thankful for the people...
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Sweet Homecoming.

Posted 04-14-2009 at 05:08 PM by SnowMaiden1018

Its been a long time since I have been online. I missed it here so much, and there is so much that is different, and so many new people!!
My son has heart problems and we have been dealing with that, and that takes ALOT out of you.
I just lost My Grandmother, My best friend on March 24, 2009. That I think has been the hardest on me. I couldnt help her, and it was so sudden. No one saw it coming.
But she would have wanted me to keep going, and to find some shred of happiness to get me through the day, and so here I find myself, surrounded by christmas, and love and all things wonderful. Im just thankful to be home.
Its great to be back!
Lv Gna
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Valentine's Day Tradition

Posted 02-21-2009 at 02:08 PM by bigbearfla58

Shortly after my break-up three years ago several of my friends also had bitter break-ups that year, 2006 was not a good year for relationships let me tell you. We started talking to each other and decided to form our own support group. We also pledged to take time to morn and grieve the loss of our relationships and to take from six months to a year away from the dating scene to allow all of our hearts to heal. At that time we were in pretty bad shape so we met twice a week for coffee, donuts and lots of conversation.
It was coming up on Valentine’s Day and I made up my mind that we were going to have a great Valentine’s Day without our ex’s. I called my friends and invited them all over for supper on Valentine’s Day. I made Malaysian chicken curry that first year and we all exchanged Valentine’s Day cards. The dinner was so successful that we’ve done it ever since and now we have a pot luck dinner every month. We also made a pact that when one or all four of us find new...
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Daddy, are you Santa Claus? Part II

Posted 01-11-2009 at 09:08 AM by Michael Rielly (A Right Jolly Old Elf)

Excerpt from A Right Jolly Old Elf

Well, it was bound to happen. Christmas 2008 will be the year I remember as the year I told my daughter that I was Santa Claus – or rather, to be exact, one of Santa Claus’s Ambassadors.

I tell Meghan that I have something very important to tell her. But before I tell her I make her promise that she cannot tell any of her friends and especially not her younger cousins and that this is our secret. She agrees. I hand her the letter to me from Santa Claus. I tell her to open it and to be careful because it is very old.

As we roll it out her eyes widen. It smells old. It looks old. Clearly this was written a very long time ago. It’s dated December 24, 1974. It’s practically a relic! After she reads the letter, I explain to her how Santa Claus has a few men stand in for him when he can’t be there in person and
MMC Master of SantaClausology
Posted in Uncategorized

Year Round Christmas Radio -- Listen now!

Listen to Kringle Radio via...

Winamp
Windows Media

Click to listen now!

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award