Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs » Blog Entries

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,125
Threads: 54,224
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,350)
Welcome to our newest member, AMcLoud
Old

Christmas 2008

Posted 12-26-2008 at 05:11 PM by golodenqiueenalicia

So today is the day after Christmas......

and I usually find myself a little sad and a whole lot tired, well not this year. Okay I'm still a whole lot tired but am tring not to feel so blue. I am concentrating on getting my kitchen back into its usual state and after 4 loads of dishes and pots and pans it still looks like a bomb went off. (and I'm really not much of a cook) I can see progress but I like it when I can clean as I go and for whatever reason that didn't happen yesterday, but we did have some really good food and even better drinks....

I was going to attempt to take down some of my window lights today so I can put up some plastic to try and keep some warmth in here but that's going to wait until tommrow.

And I will need to go out and get a bigger and better gift card for my garbage people as their job will be a whole lot harder this week. Our 2 huge cans are full plus there is a ton of cardbord and about 8 55gallon bags full that...
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

The Sweetest Gift

Posted 12-22-2008 at 08:17 AM by Jeff Westover (A Merry Blog)

Traveling home from a business trip on December 19th is never fun. I've done it before and I've sworn I'd never do it again. But duty called and there I found myself on a Friday night waiting at the airport as weather across the country scrambled my chances of getting home on the weekend before Christmas 2008.

The Southwest terminal in Los Angeles is a bit of a gritty place. Always busy, it was packed with holiday travellers bound for all points east -- and no one was going anywhere.

I was there for more than 5 hours. Finally our plane arrived but we had to wait an additional hour for a crew to arrive to man it. After midnight -- officially Saturday now - we finally boarded, packed in like sardines, pushed away from the gate only to sit on the tarmac for some reason for 45 minutes.

My flight was only about 1 hour and 20 minutes. I was more than 8 hours now into my nightmare.

The flight itself was uneventful. All were too tired...
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums
Old

The Excitement Is Building!

Posted 12-18-2008 at 11:01 AM by RadioJonD (Tinseled Musings from a Yule Tuned Mind)

The weekend before Christmas is always the most enjoyable part of the season for me! Thatís when all of my favorite radio shows air their Christmas specials! Of course, you already knew that didnít you?

As a Christmas music junkie looking for a fix, nothing can be finer than listening to all the special radio shows featuring great Tunes of Yule that more than likely wonít be heard anywhere else on the radio dial.

Some commercial broadcast stations have been playing non-stop Christmas music since before Thanksgiving! For the casual music listener the same twenty-five to one hundred tried and true Christmas traditional over and over again might be okay; ainít nothing wrong with that! However, what bugs us deep music aficionados the most is all the wasted music overlooked by mainstream media! There are literally tons of offerings out there by artists ten times better than what youíll hear on corporate broadcast vampire radio!

That is why...
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫
Posted in Uncategorized
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Black Friday Indeed

Posted 11-29-2008 at 12:09 PM by Jeff Westover (A Merry Blog)

For years I've been one of the masses who descend upon stores on Black Friday.

I rarely, if ever, made a purchase.

My purpose in venturing out has been to visit those employees I have who draw the unlucky assignment to work in malls opening as early as midnight and to merely people-watch. I always considered it more of a professional endeavor than a personal outing. I wanted to see what the consumer was going to do for Christmas and Black Friday has never failed to deliver for me.

In years past, I have been amused mostly by the crowds on Black Friday.

A few years back one of my stores had to open at 12:01 a.m. because the mall was having a "Shop til you Drop" promotion that had stores open for nearly 24 hours the day after Thanksgiving.

That event, widely advertised on radio and television here locally in Utah, brought almost 10,000 to one single mall. It took more than 45 minutes for me to walk -- shoulder to shoulder...
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums
Old

Christmas Elves

Posted 11-25-2008 at 03:13 PM by Mumof2

I was thinking about those Memories you have as a kid.You know them,the one's where you get into a day dream and boom your smiling and giggling in the middle of Stoppy (stop & shop,our grocery store here) something in the isle made you go back 10,20,even longer maybe.maybe a smell?a sound? whatever it was,it's like a time Machine brought you there.I know for me Im pretty happy after special thoughts like that.So I thought I'd share one with Ya's...

I was sitting in my Parlor and my dad came into the room he told me and my brother Kevin to get our Jackets and all,we are going out for a few. We looked at eachother and shrugged,ok. So in a flash we were out the door,down the stairs and piling into the car.
My dad drove us to another Neighborhood,not to far from our own.He drove onto a narrow street and parked at the end.He turned to us and said" I want you both togo to the brown 6 decker knock on this apt.# and when they answer do NOT tell them who you are,Just...
One Happy lil Elf
Posted in Uncategorized

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award