Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs » Blog Entries

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,974
Threads: 53,445
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,043)
Welcome to our newest member, CarrollMl
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Christmas Stockings
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:15 PM
52,076 Views  0 Posts
My Santa Claus
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:41 PM
52,204 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Controversies
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:27 PM
50,515 Views  0 Posts
Christmas in Italy
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:22 PM
46,147 Views  0 Posts
The Santa Clause (Movie...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:06 PM
Last post by Joyfully yours
11-02-2013 05:16 AM
50,951 Views  4 Posts
Old

Thorns on the Mistletoe

Posted 10-13-2008 at 12:10 AM by Jeff Westover (A Merry Blog)

It is an election year and it proves just one thing: everyone has an opinion.

I recently had a site member quit in anger because politics was being discussed here and in particular my opinion was one he didn't appreciate. He said I was ruining his Christmas.

Ironically, in the Christmas Crew areas we had been holding discussions for weeks about whether or not we should allow political discourse on our forums.

I hate to lose a site member. But honestly my feeling is that if someone is so thin skinned to place responsibility at my door for ruining their Christmas they weren't going to last long here anyway.

And I completely disagree that politics should be a taboo subject here.

Truth be told, politics and Christmas are old bedfellows. In fact, the fabled War on Christmas is fueled by political agendas.

It is true in our day. It was true in the time of Christ. And it has even been true in the world of...
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums
Posted in Christmas
Old

A Blog to Blog

Posted 10-12-2008 at 01:39 PM by MerryChristmasLydio

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=red]Okay so this is a blog. But has anyone ever wondered why it's called a blog? Why not a flog or a slog? LOL! JK[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff0000]So like November is right around the corner and I am sooo looking forward to it! Why? Cause I'll be 17. I'm so happy. November 21st to be exact is my birthday. So I am excited bout that.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff0000]We went to a little pet shop here in Lafeyette called Pets Unlimited. They had EELS! One of them looked like a giraffe. We called it Melmon from the movie Madagascar. Except the eel was uglier. They had another one but I can't hardly describe what it looked like. It was ugly though. I hate eels. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff0000]But I got to wondering how they rnsfer the eel to the buyer. How does the buyer get the eel home? It's such a big creacher. I wish I knew.:hello::rolley...
On the Naughty List
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

A Christmas In Need

Posted 10-11-2008 at 09:56 AM by Jeff Westover (A Merry Blog)

I received an unusually bitter email this week. As the financial markets have melted down world wide it seems to have reached us here in an odd way.

"How can you celebrate Christmas with the clear suffering going on in the world?" the emailer asked.

Believe it or not, we get this from time to time. It is not that people hate Christmas. For whatever reason they seem to resent the fact that we celebrate it.

The email went on to ask what we're going to do about all the misery in the world this Christmas.

Wow.

Well, Mysterious Emailer, I'll tell you what we're going to do about it: we're going to celebrate it again.

It amazes me how Christmas can be so misunderstood and misinterpreted even still. Some out there seem to think that we're part of some big plan, some organization, some nefarious element with an agenda to push.

Some suggest is, by it's nature, a religious thing. That Christmas...
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums
Posted in Christmas
Old

Back around.

Posted 10-08-2008 at 10:00 AM by Christmas Snow Angel

I know I went MIA (missing in action) for a couple of days but I'm back now. I had to prepare for our camping trip, and then i wasn't feeling well so I was in bed for a couple of days.

Camping was fun. The weather really held on well for us. It didn't get cold until about 4 am and it warmed up around 7 am. By the time it did get cold all the kids were cuddled up and snoozing so they didn't even realize. We had a wonderful time. Everyone got along well. I believe the adults had just as much fun as the kids.

Now we're planning our Fall Festival for church. It sounds like it is going to be really nice for everyone. Face painting, moonbounce, and pony rides...who wouldn't love all that??? (lol). We're making apple butter and vegetable soup too for the festival. I'm just sooo blessed to have a wonderful little church where the people are so nice, and supportive. It really is like family.

The economy has me rethinking Christmas gifts. I wasn't planning...
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Busy life...

Posted 10-01-2008 at 07:30 AM by Christmas Snow Angel

Time is flying and Halloween is right around the corner. So many things are planned. A camping trip with our youth group from church is this Friday. Friday is also Fall Picture day at my daughters school. A field trip to the pumpkin patch in a couple of weeks. And lets not forget PTO meetings and 4H meetings.

Lets start with the Camping trip this Friday. Luckily it's only a overnight/day trip and not the entire weekend. One cold night is enough for me HA! It's mostly girls going on the trip with a couple of boys. We're going fishing, nature walks, and flashlight hide n seek. Lots of good food and fellowship.

Fall picture day...wow those pictures can be expensive!!! Hair must be done, clothes must be ironed! The girls want to look their best because this is their yearbook pictures. I'm going to be taking my daughters to a farm to do their Fall pictures myself. I can have more then one pose and it's not gonna cost me a arm and a leg!

For the life...
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Posted in Uncategorized

Year Round Christmas Radio -- Listen now!

Listen to Kringle Radio via...

Winamp
Windows Media

Click to listen now!

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award