Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs » Blog Entries

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,085
Threads: 53,910
Top Poster: xmas365 (164,784)
Welcome to our newest member, williamjohn
Old

Waiting for Christmas!

Posted 09-01-2008 at 02:28 AM by trackrebel

The Christmas bug bit me last week....and that bug bit me hard...unfortunately nobody really wants to hear about my plans already....and is a little bit annoyed when I tell them about all the threads over here...They are not mad, they just donŽt really listen after a few minutes. I am really waiting for November now, so my Christmas Mood can unite with the Christmas mood of many others and that preparations can go full swing. I bought all the presents for my daughter already and will buy two (one for each of my God-children) this month...that will keep me happy and will help the purse as well.

I am trying to figure out why the spirit hit me so hard this time...The first Christmas with my daughter...boy was I exited...but I think this year...sheŽll be 2 years and 9 months by Christmas, she will realize the things going on much more....and I am already looking forward to this.

Seeing her eyes glow with exitement, her helping mommy and granny bake cookies....her...
candy cane hustla
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Edison Christmas 2008 Under Construction

Posted 08-26-2008 at 01:48 PM by MarthaK

I have spent the past few weekends working on my wireframes while watching the Olympics. I have 3 new frames I am putting lights on, as well as 6 frames from 2004 that I need to put new lights on.

New this year: Toy sled, little red wagon, and a jumping frog.
Reintroduced this year with fresh lights: a doghouse, 3 street lights, a large star, and a hat-tipping snowman.

As for a theme, I'm thinking of adding one more new frame that I found at Lori's Lighted D'Lites, of a dog decorating a tree. My theme? Puppy's first Christmas, in honor of Cisco, my yellow lab (now 6 months old and 50lbs!).

Getting that depends on finances and catching the sale, so keep your fingers crossed for me!

More later.
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

let the preparations begin....

Posted 08-19-2008 at 11:19 PM by BooksNChristmas (Keep the Christmas spirit all year long!)

I began my Christmas preparations inspired by Christmas in July and finished the first task last week. I created a new myspace page totally devoted to Christmas. It turned out beautifully! If you would like to check it out, here is the link:

http://www.myspace.com/christmasspiritallyear

If you are on myspace, send me an add request. I'd love to see you there!

Now that I've finished that task, my next one is a biggie--cleaning and organizing my house from top to bottom. I'm going to host a Christmas party/open house this year since I probably will not be hosting Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner. My grandfather is homebound because he had three heart attacks this year so my family will probably want to have the dinners over at their house. So since I'm planning on having a party, I really have to get this house done early! I'm going to utilize the holiday grand plan. I'm printing the pages and organizing my Christmas notebook by the end of the week...
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Putting my self on Probation.......

Posted 08-16-2008 at 02:56 PM by christmascreations

I christmascreations have found myself guilty of heavy procrastination in the decluttering of my home and neglect of my physical and emotional happiness.

The time has been long overdue for me to cleanup and organize my bedroom. Having 2 beds, 2 dressers, and items for me and my 3 boys in there has cluttered up the space drastically. The clutterbug has bit me and I need to fight back!!!!

With a very hectic work schedule and being a single mom, the time to do that is very limited!!! I have alot of housework to catch up on as soon as the boys go back to school. Every time I go to work it seems my boys get away with a lot (since my dad watches them) and the house is in COMPLETE chaos!!!

I have broken the cleaning rule of focussing on one room at a time but when I feel overwhelmed in one room I move to another room to keep me going and hit the internet when I need a break also.

So with all that said, starting next week I will be putting...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

So Happy!

Posted 08-12-2008 at 02:23 PM by Silverbells

You guys guess what I got a promotion. You are now looking at the new Administrative Manager so cool right. More pay more Christmas shopping!
Posted in Uncategorized

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award